Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Sochi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sochi

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Serjik is right about the olympics being a good investment. Sochi was not much of a city but now it has modern facilities which will be used long after this event is forgotten. Yes this is investing in ones country and it is a good investment. We in Michigan invested in good ice rinks and just look at how many of these skaters train in Michigan now. I do not know much about the history of the Sochi region but any genocide is a horrible crime in my book. The western media has been mostly terrible in their coverage of these games and always tries to cast Russia in a negative way..nothing new there but Russia just laughs it off like it should. Tom is a typical western media mouthpiece..who never misses the chance to put down Russia and Armenia but like when was the last time you heard him say anything about the American indians or the Palastinians or....he is like watching cnn or snbc or cbs or fox news or...one sided, biased, misleading,... God forbid we should talk about the sporting events going on in the olympics in a thread under the sports section no lets talk genocide and do more Russia bashing...pretty sick stuff but hey some people are hardwired to be sick and nothing else.
    In case anyone is interested in the actual sporting events...there were great performances in ice dancing today with new personal and all time high scores being set. Ok now you can resume your hatemongering
    Given your extremist tiradesagainst capitalism, I understand your idea of what is a "good investment" might deviate from its dictionary definition. Lots of money is always made by the rich and the corrupt (and there are plenty of rich corrupt in Russia) - so undoubtedly it was a "good investment" for them. However, there is not a single Olympic Games that could seriously be classed as a good investment for the ordinary populations of any of the cities they are imposed upon.

The two-faced double-standards regarding genocide is blatant amongst some Armenians, and they actually think they can get away with those double standards (who do they think they are - Jews?)
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 02-18-2014, 05:44 AM.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

(who do they think they are - xxxs?)
      Loved that one. Yeh capitalism does suck if it is left unattended to run its course. I love how people like Mr Nozick write books about how wonderful unfettered capitalism is since it is the ultimate expression of freedom then we watch how it takes away all of our freedoms and turns the world into a police state. Yeh thats right Adam Smith didnt see this one coming...it is just hillerious how many people including some here who see capitalism as a law of nature or something. I do believe that when it is all said and done these games would have a long lasting positive effect on Sochi and its residents. Some of these sport complexes will become training centers which will be used for decades and all the attention generated by this event can bring back tourists. Despite all the negativity in the western media it seems the overall sentiment of the tourists is positive and this will mean repeat business. It will be interesting to revisit Sochi in another four years and observe how these games impacted the city.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        The two-faced double-standards regarding genocide is blatant amongst some Armenians, and they actually think they can get away with those double standards (who do they think they are - Jews?)
        Watch out bell, that's not something a Western media mouthpiece is supposed to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          Despite all the negativity in the western media it seems the overall sentiment of the tourists is positive and this will mean repeat business. It will be interesting to revisit Sochi in another four years and observe how these games impacted the city.
          Let's see. Perhaps tourists from Russia and Armenia will begin traveling to Sochi and the Russian Black Sea coast rather than Sharm el-Sheikh or Turkey (but I wouldn't bet on it).

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
            There's definitely mudslinging from Western journalists but I wish they'd concentrate their attacks more on the whitewashing of the city's Abkhaz and Circassian history rather than construction problems and lousy service from hotels and restaurants.

I would also like to learn about what Sochi's actual residents (rather than foreigners or outsiders) think about its status as host city.
            Most Westerners don't even follow the Winter Olympics, instead the Summer Olympics get most of the spotlight. It just so happens that Russia has made it high profile through huge budget blowouts over construction and preparations, also Russian lawmakers made the mistake of passing controversial anti-homosexual propaganda laws too close to the games. It probably would have passed without problems, if those two major issues weren't present. Sochi was a mess, and I am guessing after the games heads are going to roll in the IOC and Russia.

Comment

Yeh hip you are right-iasked my class of 38 students if they were watching the olympics and none of them were watching. Kind of sad. I been grading papers today and have not been able to watch the events..anything interesting happen today at the games?
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Oh you really put me in my place with your cartoons, your such a grown up LOL

Yeah ok bro go ahead and show me what respected journalists and plethora of news orgs you've been reading and i bet EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WILL BE WESTERN SOURCES. And show me where Putin's fat friends have been the benefiting from money spent and show me what large scale project you are comparing sochi to. You say you are an engineer so show me. I bet sochi projects was more cost effective that any comparable western project. Sochi money was very well spent. While you were acting like a tough internet warrior and whatnot I was in sochi last SUMMER and no one in my family could believe the number of massive construction going on even in Adler the Armenian town not far from sochi. literally HUNDREDS of construction sites in all of krasnodar region. Newly built buildings, parks, hotels, stadiums, restaurants, training facilities and monuments there there will be used for many generations and used to bring back to russia their athletes and trainers that were lost to the west during the past 20 years. A great boost to tourism also, we saw many western european tourists even last summer. My advice to you bro, stop poisoning your mind with with a PLETHORA OF WESTERN PROPAGANDA ORGANS. LOL Not impressed by you at all. You say you are an engineer? Please let us know what you built so we can stay away from it LOL

Your Armericahay tomservo friend's and your all of a sudden love for barbaric cirassian is idiotic and shows how intellectually backward american diasporans are. Cant believe armos like you still exist. Wake up braniak no one promotes genocides but its a dog eat dog world out there if you dont eat them whey will eat you. Circassians were barbaric blood hungry tribes like chechens and they were treated badly by russians and THANK GOD FOR THAT. So why didnt Russians do the same with armenians, abkhaz, osets, ajars, dagestanis, legins, gruzi or other tribes? Use your brain and THINK. By bringing up circassian story you are like an idiot siding with turks, muslims and western politicians against russians. Like I said bro im NOT impressed by you AT ALL. Ask your newly found cat friend about how many millions his empire killed around the world and also ask americans, spanish, japanese, french and germans the same question. Discuss their genocides and forget what russians did to a bunch of head cutting animals. TOO BAD RUSSIANS DIDNT DO WAY WITH CHECHENS, TATARS, AZERIS AND TURKs. Keep worrying about justice when in the world might makes right and just continue bending over to fast talkin US politicians every april 24 and see what that gets you other than a sore butt LOL

What riseofrussia logic you talking about the blog? You hallucinating? Im big fan of that blog I read it every month because that place has real patriots and intellectuals but I have my own personal logic on the world. You just keep repeating what you hear on tv the real brainwashed is you.

PS: Someone say gay rights? Hey, many of america's arab friends in the middle east (you know who they are) behead gays in public, why isnt that in the news 24/7? I totally support Russia's ban on gay parades and propaganda. What weirdos do in their homes is no ones business but just dont bring it out in public and expect EVERYONE to be ok with it. We need patriotism and conservatism because liberalism is getting way out of control. US is becoming a afro-judeo-homo fascist state.

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                lol aper only you are able to make me respect the views of bell
                Maybe we should have a contest and see how many of the following you use in your argument: http://www.buzzfeed.com/kevintang/ch...r-bs-arguments immediately, number 2 comes to mind. America having wasted money on a war had nothing to do with this. I don't understand why that's your fallback point regardless of what the issue being debated is.. Whether America wasted money or not has nothing to do with the fact that money was wasted in Sochi.

Was I there to see it? No, but I also wasn't there 10,000 years ago, but I have the good sense to trust scientists and evolution over the beliefs of bible thumping rednecks and creationism, in the same manner I have the good sense to trust respected journalists from a plethora of sources. lol Putin knows? ya he knows what its like to feed his fat friends. I don't get my news just from CNN, i get it from every news site, and from every basic principle of construction which clearly shows they built things that could have been built with a fraction of the cost, anywhere in the world, no matter what riseofrussia brainwashed logic you try to use on me.

The level of hypocrisy and logical fallacy in everything you have to say in mind blowing. No I don't suddenly care about Circassians and Chechens. I've always cared. I don't understand how you differentiate the genocide and expulsion of a voiceless people with that of the Armenians. I don't care what islamic brainwashing has done to them in their desperate attempt to have their own homeland. It's not Western propaganda, if anything its the Iranian propaganda I grew up with that enables to see the struggle of people like them and Palestinians who just want to have a country to call their own. It's unbelievable to me that you cheer on the Genocide of other people while simultaneously crying about the Armenian Genocide.

Comment

Russia lost to Finland today and is out of medal contention. The first Finnish goal was because of a lucky bounce but the rest of the game was Finland having a better game plan and playing better together. Finland goes on to face Sweden in a rematch of previous gold medal game. No sport is more exciting then Olympic hockey and it will be fun to watch the rest of these games if i can. Teemu Selanne is amazing at age 43 he is still a difference maker for his team. He is an amazing athlete the likes of which i am not sure if we have seen before.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Oh, how dare the Circassians and Chechens resist the Russian empire's annexation and colonization of their lands instead of laying out the krasnyi carpet, Serjik. Give me a break.

And the Russians did do the same with many of the "other tribes" you listed but the Circassians got the worst of it.

The West and even Turkey hasn't really done much when it comes to the Circassian issue because, like you, they are afraid of upsetting Russia. They will bring it up once in a while as a way to undermine Moscow (just like how they do with the Armenian Genocide when relations happen to be strained with Turkey) but it's mostly been the Circassians themselves at the forefront.

Comment

You people have very little perception abilities. If russians did not do away with those barbaric islamic tribes that whole region also the caucasus would not support a christian armenian population. Even with all that what russians did was no way near what westerners done in other places. That area would be so much better for civilized people like armenians if no islamic turkic tribe existed. Your brainless selfhating americahay nonsense makes me sick to my stomach.

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                      Oh, how dare the Circassians and Chechens resist the Russian empire's annexation and colonization of their lands instead of laying out the krasnyi carpet, Serjik. Give me a break.

And the Russians did do the same with many of the "other tribes" you listed but the Circassians got the worst of it.

The West and even Turkey hasn't really done much when it comes to the Circassian issue because, like you, they are afraid of upsetting Russia. They will bring it up once in a while as a way to undermine Moscow (just like how they do with the Armenian Genocide when relations happen to be strained with Turkey) but it's mostly been the Circassians themselves at the forefront.

Comment

Working...
                      X