Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Great Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outdoor Sports (hunting, fishing...)

I adjusted my scope at the shooting range and at 20 yards this this is very accurate you can robinhood the bolts sometimes. The penetration is very deep at 20 yards and i would guess you can kill at even 40 yards but i have not fired at a target that far away nor do i intend to. The arrow tips are kind of cool to put together they are like razor blades and you can easily cut yourself. It took me a while to figure out how to dexxxx the bow wo firing and waisting an arrow. Love the bow just need to find me a deer.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

It would be more difficult and more honorable to take a deer with a cold weapon like crossbow than a rifle.

Haykakan do you own a large freezer?
      I want to see photos of a Buck with your arrow through it.
      how many tags you get?
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I have two tags now. My friend got a young one with a bow last night and i cant hunt till tuesday. He hunts up north where there are more deer and less people while i mainly hunt the near by state game area. Weather is cooling down a bit so maybe the deer will get more active around here.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Been hunting as much as i can but have yet to even see a deer in the woods. The forest is beautiful this time of the year here - it feels like the leaves have been painted with the most glorious colors on earth. Yeh Eddo i do have a big freezer in my basement and i look forward to filling it with venison but no luck yet. I have seen plenty of deer in places where hunting is not allowed but non where it is-i think these deer are smarter then we think. Rifle season will start in 2 weeks and i am going to go up north with a bunch of Armenian friends to hunt but i am sure we will be doing way more drinking and partying then actual hunting-i look forward to spending time with friends and who knows we might even run over a deer while there. The coolest thing for me this season was when i took my son with me to the forest to hunt. I gave him my big hunting knife so that he would feel like he had a weapon to and it was so cool to see how empowered the little guy felt. We walked around and tried hunting a few likely spots but the little guy would get board and start cutting shrubs with the knife and making noises and vibrating twigs..i knew there was no chance of getting a deer while he was doing that but i was so happy to see him enjoying the experience that i gave up on trying to keep him quiet/motionless. This morning a herd of deer ran through my yard but no hunting allowed here.... I really enjoyed taking my son with me and i will try to do it again soon. The temps are going down here fast now and the deer will be more active so i will be out there with my bow for a while.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

That really cool Haykakan, good times.....you get your deer one of these days.

The biggest trill of hunting a deer with crossbow is getting as close as you can before taking that shot.....sniper style with cammo, becoming one with nature. The kill is the end of the trill not the highlight.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Opening week of firearm season i spent with 6 Armenians. Having a truck came in handy as i was able to fit a fourwheeler in the bed and tow a camper. Only four of us were there to hunt while the rest were there to be with friends and get away from the wives for a few days. Hunting was slow but a deer was sighted saturday and on sunday morning a buddy of mine made the kill on a 5 point buck which was his first deer. We had a good time at the hunting camp with lots of eating, drinking, partying. The weather was warm but very windy (it was a challange to play blot with 35mph winds). I did not get a deer but i did enjoy the company of friends and was very happy for my buddy who got his first deer. Pics were in the dark and bad quality with rain/wind/darkness ruining pics. I will be hunting again soon and will post pics if i get good ones.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

It was 1998 & I drove the old steese highway to the Yukon river. Knocked the muffler off my car somewhere near central (small town). Header was blowin flames at my oil pan. Mechanic in central took some really thick copper wire and repositioned header so flames wouldn't ignite anything. I continued to the Yukon river, which is at the end of the road(why do I always end up at the end of the road?). Circle is the little village at the end. Took a leak in the Yukon (tradition) & camped for awhile.
                Still hadn't gone far enough so went back to main road that goes to arctic coast (Dalton hwy) (the old haul rd).
                As I drive north & pass the arctic circle the terrain changes to tundra. Can't remember if it was south of the Brooks range or north of it when I saw this... A Carribou wandering the tundra without a friend in site & and an arrow sticking in his body.
                His head was hung as mine would have been (and was) if the positions were reversed.
                ----- it's 30 below zero F where I'm at today.
                Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                  It was 1998 & I drove the old steese highway to the Yukon river. Knocked the muffler off my car somewhere near central (small town). Header was blowin flames at my oil pan. Mechanic in central took some really thick copper wire and repositioned header so flames wouldn't ignite anything. I continued to the Yukon river, which is at the end of the road(why do I always end up at the end of the road?). Circle is the little village at the end. Took a leak in the Yukon (tradition) & camped for awhile.
                  Still hadn't gone far enough so went back to main road that goes to arctic coast (Dalton hwy) (the old haul rd).
                  As I drive north & pass the arctic circle the terrain changes to tundra. Can't remember if it was south of the Brooks range or north of it when I saw this... A Carribou wandering the tundra without a friend in site & and an arrow sticking in his body.
                  His head was hung as mine would have been (and was) if the positions were reversed.
                  ----- it's 30 below zero F where I'm at today.
                  Artashes
                  Obviously the one who put the arrow in that Carribou (grieving soul) was not his friend & neither did he hope to be.
                  Also it's safe to say the arrow shooter did not wish the Carribou a safe journey through this life.
                  LaChaim --- to life/for life
                  Artashes

Comment

Sounds like a hunter took a bad shot Artashes. I am done hunting this year. Safe ice arrived earlier this year then the usual global warming time and i am the polar bear wondering the ice in search of my next meal. I took my son with me and those trips always end up being short since he always manages to get wet and we have to go home..
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

• Re: Outdoor Sports (hunting, fishing...)

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      Sounds like a hunter took a bad shot Artashes. I am done hunting this year. Safe ice arrived earlier this year then the usual global warming time and i am the polar bear wondering the ice in search of my next meal. I took my son with me and those trips always end up being short since he always manages to get wet and we have to go home..
                      Water, dirt,bizzy streets, etc seem to be magnets for children. If it's the wrong place to be then they seem to gravitate there. Completely understand.
                      Artashes

Comment

Working...
                      X