Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Great Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outdoor Sports (hunting, fishing...)

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Not really, I have access to Lake St.Clair and Lake Erie... probably the same as you.
    Sounds like you live close to me. I'm gona have to take you fishing one day. There is a pretty good spot over by leamington called holiday harbor, you can fish off shore there off the rocks for perch and channel cats. The forcast calls for cold weather so i got my ice gear ready to go-i feel like a polar bear this time of the year.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Sounds like you live close to me. I'm gona have to take you fishing one day. There is a pretty good spot over by leamington called holiday harbor, you can fish off shore there off the rocks for perch and channel cats. The forcast calls for cold weather so i got my ice gear ready to go-i feel like a polar bear this time of the year.
      It is getting pretty cold out... I hibernate in the winter. You actually ice fish?
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Yeh i am eagerly awaiting safe ice so i can go catch some tasty fish. I am saving up to get a Marcum flasher this year-its a portable sonar unit used to find fish. It is expencive but makes a big difference by putting you on top of schools of fish. A motorized drill and a shanty are next on my list in that order but i can only afford one thing at a time for now. I went to bass pro shop near my house for the black friday sale but i was very disapointed since nothing i wanted was on sale. They had a gps unit for 100 bucks and it sold out in no time. This was the first time i went shoping at 5:30am and it was totally not worth it but i can see how it could be if a bunch of stuff you want is on sale at 40%to50% off.
        As for hunting it has been a bust this year so far. I didn't see a single deer on public land but spotted two good bucks today on private land as i was driving by. My freezer still has lotsa fish in it but still waiting for that buck. I may have to buy some property of my own if i want consistently good hunting.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Well i did not get that buck i was looking for this year but i did get ice in december. My son and i were walking on a local lake and he had a ball , makiing snow angels and sliping and falling all over the place.I will be icefishing either tuesday or wednsaday this week and am still waiting for that flasher i bought on ebay to arrive.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Been out fishing a lot last few days but the bite has been real slow. The ice is plenty thick on the lake i am fishing but am waiting for the bigger lakes to freez up. Ice fishing can be pretty physicaly demanding when you need to move a lot and drill lotsa holes. Luckily i have a new electric power auger to do the drilling. I was out yesterday with a armenian friend of mine and it feels good being out there with fellow armenians- i let him take all the fish cause my freezer is still full. I need to figure out how to post pics so i can show you guys our catch later.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              Been out fishing a lot last few days but the bite has been real slow. The ice is plenty thick on the lake i am fishing but am waiting for the bigger lakes to freez up. Ice fishing can be pretty physicaly demanding when you need to move a lot and drill lotsa holes. Luckily i have a new electric power auger to do the drilling. I was out yesterday with a armenian friend of mine and it feels good being out there with fellow armenians- i let him take all the fish cause my freezer is still full. I need to figure out how to post pics so i can show you guys our catch later.
              One way to post pics, is to save it on your computer, then upload it on your photobucket account...then copy the url image.
              Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Been finding the fish lately thanks to my flasher. Had a nice meal of fresh bluegills and crappies yesterday and went out tonight and caught more. It is 7 degrees F out there but the fish are biting. Just got done filleting and i hope to be out there tommorow again. My relatives tell me people ice fish on lake sevan to, that would be veru exciting for me to try.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I figured i would post these vids to help some of you get a idea what icefishing is like. No that is not me in the vid but that is what i love doing every winter.
                  The first vid shows perch and bluegills being caught. These are the taisties fish swimming in fresh waters.
                  Anglers who correctly predict fish movement in late winter/early spring find the best trophy fishing of the season. Dave Csanda and Brian Brosdahl guide you ...

A big pike (nasty sharp teeth on these)
                  Jason Auld of www.auldsangling.ca battles a 26 pound pike while ice fishing in Southern Alberta, CanadaRelease video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB9uXtL...
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I hunt outdoors for stripclubs and bondage clubs...but at R2000.00 for a private lap dance from a girl, the season has been slow

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
                      I hunt outdoors for stripclubs and bondage clubs...but at R2000.00 for a private lap dance from a girl, the season has been slow
                      It's not really hunting when they can't get away
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X