Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Great Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outdoor Sports (hunting, fishing...)

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    I thought we were talking about outdoor sports, not indoor activities
    I guess you havent gone camping with a women yet
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

There is a new technology making its presense felt in the world of fishing and in many other areas including biking and aviation. Companies have started manufacturing more carbon based broducts which are extremly lite and pretty strong at the same time. Lance Armstrong won his races driving a shimano bike made of carbon and now shimano has incorporated that same technology into fishing reels and bass proshop has made fishing rods with this new material. I bought the rod and it really does feel like your holding a piece of paper but it really is quite strong to. I plan on getting the shimano reel and pairing it up with my rod which will allow me to cast lures all day long without tiring out. Technology is a wonderful thing.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Well the ice on the lake melted a couple of days ago so my buddy and i went fishing. I needed a break from studying and working and this was the perfect opportunity to take it. The day started out cold and dreary but right away i caught a good size walleye. It started clearing up and getting warmer as the day went on and the bass fishing was picking up. My friend likes to modify the lures he buys and his latest modification was placing a glass rattle inside the lure. This modified lure was getting hammered by big and medium bass all day. I caught a few bass to including a 5.5 pounder but my fishing buddy was way outfishing me with his modified lure. We started trolling after a few hours and thats when i felt a bite which didnt feel like much at first but then it started to pull. The weight of the fish i had on told me this is no ordinary fish. The drag on my reel was screaming as this monster made its run. After a good fight i brought it to the boat and my friend grabbed a huge 12 lb northern pike out of the water. This fish alone would make any fishermans day a great one so i was very excited but as usual i did not take a camera with me and we released the fish to fight another day. I did keep the nice walleye i caught plus a couple of largemouth bass. I took pictures of the fish i caught when i brought them home with my son holding up the big bass. I will post them when i am done with this class. The handyness of a nice pickup truck made itself very obvious today as i loaded and unloaded all the gear without worrying about where to put what. I usually have to take a couple of garbage bags or a cooler to put the fish in but the mopar lined bed makes it very simple to just throw it all in and take it all out without worrying about a thing. This class will be done in a week or so and i will be doing a lot more fishing and will post some pics.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I am done with my annoying accounting class now so i decided to go fishing today. I had promised myself to get my son involved this year because i think he is old enough now and it appears i may be right. It was very windy out there but i decided to go anyways thus we got into my little boat and off we went. My son is 5 years old and i was a bit worried about how he would behave in the boat and how he would handle the rod and reel. To my surprise he handles it all rather well. After a few tries he was casting like a pro and he didn't get wet the whole time. I think i have a fishing partner on my hands now and i cant wait till our next trip.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

The walleye is one of the best eating fish swimming in fresh water and the Detroit river is one of the best places to catch them this time of the year. Here are pics of my catch.
            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

fillleted
            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

^^^ those look really good man......what kind of bait you use.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I use a butterfly style jigging spoon. The free swinging hooks get engulfed first so i never miss a bite. In a couple more weeks millions of silverbass and white perch will be swimming into the river and the action will be nonstop unlike the walleye fishing which is a on and off affair. Most people have never experienced anything like the silverbass/white perch runs where you catch a fish every cast as soon as your lure hits the water. This time of the year you never know what your gona catch - my friend caught a huge sturgeon the other day but had to let it go caus its out of season. Many times while fishing for perch and silverbass, a big musky will break the surface with a silver bass in its mouth.
                Last edited by Haykakan; 04-16-2010, 06:49 PM.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

The walleye fishing has been great this year and the freezer is getting full of nice filletes. I heard about the oilrig explosion down in the gulf of mexico where the worst oil spill in history is in the making. This spill is going to destroy the nations best wetlands and kill the fishing industry along with the fish, birds, crabs , crawfish, ottors,...... plus the people that already died in the original explosion. This is a more tragic event then most realize and its consequences will be felt for a long time. It is events like this that clearly show how stupid it is to drill in ecologicaly sensitive areas. The existence of this rig will cost much more then any possible saving it could have ever produced in oil prices. I think BP should be linched for this but being the coorporate runed country that we live in i dought it will suffer anything more then a slap on the wrist.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I was out all night fishing and brought home another limit of walleyes. I also caught a big (10lb plus) carpsucker which is not something anyone would want to eat but it put up a great fight. I hope to try my luck with salmon fishing this summer. King salmon get 20 to 30lb and are very hard fighters plus they are great to eat. I was too tired to take pics last night but i am going out again this evening and will try to get picks.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I have not had much time to go fishing lately but i did catch the silver bass run once this year and it was incredible. In a couple of hours my two friends and i caught over 300fish. The silvers were bigger this year then i ever remember and it was fantastic fun. I wish everyone could enjoy nonstop action like this atleast once in their lives. I cant wait to finish my MBA so i can have more time to fish.
                      A friend of mine told me about a new engine design which mounts the motor not behind the boatt but under it. Appearently volvo started making them couple of years ago and mercury-mercruiser just made their own version. This new engine desighn allows unbelievable manuverability, fuel efficientcy, and no waitng to get on plain thus better acceleration. Technology is a wonderful thing and here is a vid about it.
                      Manufacturers of outboard motors and MerCruiser inboard engines, with over 4000 dealers in the United States.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X