Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Great Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outdoor Sports (hunting, fishing...)

Well a good icefishing season is coming to an end. This year was the best in a while because we actually had ice which even now is safe to fish on. I will be adding some new pics soon including a Trophy pike that is now hanging on my wall. Im going out today to enjoy the last days of this season-hope i catch a bunch for dinner and will post more pics if i do.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Well i caught dinner and a couple huge fish which i released(will have pics soon). I plan on going out again today but i wanted to mention how crappy iphones are for the outdoorsman. In less then an hour of being outside the iphone stops working because of the cold. I am afraid to see what would happen if it actually was exposed to moisture. You all know how crappy the battery life is on these things but for an outdoorsman these pfones are almost useless. My iphone is an iphone3 i think-are any of the newer iphones any more resiliant? I like taking pictures and texting with iphones but for me it does not work when i need it the most. My son and i were icefishing and i caught a huge and very colorful pumpkinseed sunfish but i could not take a picture because the phone had frozen up. My wife calls me a million times then starts freaking out caus i dont answer but i never got the call caus the phone froze up.... Anyone know of a phone that i can use for testing and taking pictures and it wont freez up like an iphone?
      Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Well a good icefishing season is coming to an end. This year was the best in a while because we actually had ice which even now is safe to fish on. I will be adding some new pics soon including a Trophy pike that is now hanging on my wall. Im going out today to enjoy the last days of this season-hope i catch a bunch for dinner and will post more pics if i do.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Got the same problem up here in N Alaska . At 40 below it don't take long to freeze anything .
        I do the layer system for clothes and keep phone , lighter etc close to my body underneath layers .
        Works like a charm for initial first minutes .
        Artashes

Comment

Well it has been a great summer here with lots of nice fish taken and now hunting season is here. I have been neglecting posting pics here but i will work on it soon. I just bought a crossbow to and i cant wait to use it in the woods. I will post pics one of these days.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Yawn.....come on already its not like its that hard to post pics, jeez
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Ok ok here goes o and btw when you gona post a pick of somethin?
              Big bass through the ice

Big pike through ice

Dorado and bonitas in Mexico

big pike in the fall

Mess of giant sunfish through the ice

38 inch pike on my wall

Little girls first fish

big pike by boat

big crappie with sun in kids eyes

my buddy with abig bass

Aner holding the giant walleye i caught

My new kickass xbow
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Ok now we are talking......cool photos Haykakan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fishing2013085_zps5d24dafb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	538997

I like these....my shoulders are too shotup for long bow lol

Happy Hunting....pics of the kill once you get it.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

These xbows are getting better every year. This one is shorter and not as wide as its previous models. This cuts down on overall profile and allows for more mobility especially in blinds.This puppy shoots 380fps and it was getting way more penetration into the target then any of the other guys at the shooting range. I shot one into the dirt at 20 yards in my yard and never did find the arrow. The cool thing about this year was that i took a lot of kids fishing and for many of them it was their first catch, its cool watching kids get acquainted with nature.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

No luck yesterday. I found a beautiful apple tree with lots of delicious apples all over the place and some had been chewed up by deer. I stayed there much of the day but no signs of deer. I gathered some of those nice apples and went home at dusk.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      No luck yesterday. I found a beautiful apple tree with lots of delicious apples all over the place and some had been chewed up by deer. I stayed there much of the day but no signs of deer. I gathered some of those nice apples and went home at dusk.
                      At least you didn't go home empty handed.

Haykakan have you zeroed your crossbow with your optics......I am not sure at what range they set those at but I would guess 25 meters or less. looks like yours is a scope and not a red dot correct?
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X