Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Great Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Great Outdoors

With all the action in Kharabagh I have not had the time to work on this thread. I hope peace will reign and more of our members will participate in the great out doors. This winter/spring have been horrible if you are into the outdoors. There was safe ice for only a week and it was iffy then to( a friend of mine went through but he is fine). The spring has been postponed as it has been much colder then usual and it is all white snow outside today. We basically skipped winter yet again and we are now postponing spring or might be skipping that to.. The weather has been very strange last few years and it seems to be getting stranger. I have prepared my boat well for the season but I do not want to use it as it is snowing outside. For a change I can't wait for warmer weather.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I live about 160 miles south of the arctic circle. This area used to be the coldest place in the winter and the warmest place in summer for Alaska.
      This winter did not show for the very first time in anyone's memory. We had two 28 degree days but that only occurred in the wee hours and did not hold for more than 5/6 hours. Used to be 40 , 50 , 60 below zero for days on end and when it warmed up it would only be 35 below or 27 below or if we were lucky 15 or 20 below.
      Today it hit 75 above !!!!!! This is April 26th !!! Used to have to wait till July for these temps.
      Two tundra swans have been hanging out in a small lake close to where I live for the last month. Way early for the birds to show up.
      The rapidity of the climatic change taking place up here is phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
        I live about 160 miles south of the arctic circle. This area used to be the coldest place in the winter and the warmest place in summer for Alaska.
        This winter did not show for the very first time in anyone's memory. We had two 28 degree days but that only occurred in the wee hours and did not hold for more than 5/6 hours. Used to be 40 , 50 , 60 below zero for days on end and when it warmed up it would only be 35 below or 27 below or if we were lucky 15 or 20 below.
        Today it hit 75 above !!!!!! This is April 26th !!! Used to have to wait till July for these temps.
        Two tundra swans have been hanging out in a small lake close to where I live for the last month. Way early for the birds to show up.
        The rapidity of the climatic change taking place up here is phenomenal.
        Above post I said we had two 28 degree days, meant to say two 28 below zero days.

Comment

Wow 75 ...I don't think we made it to 50 today down here. I did manage to take my boat out for a ride and did some work at the marina. I am looking forward to a good season even if the weather does not cooperate fully. The seasons here have become completely unpredictable now as we go from one extreme to the next.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

It has snowed here the last couple of days. This weather is so messed up. We expecting mid 70s this next weekend. The only way I can describe the weather pattern last few years is extreme instability. It was so weird setting up the garden yesterday in the middle of a snow storm. It was not just snowing, it was coming down hard. I am going to be planting fruit trees this year and was reading about the Pakistani mulberry tree. I love mulberries and this Pakistani variety produces very big and sweet fruite according to info I found on the net. I am going to try planting this variety if I can find it.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Took my boat across Lake ST Clair, up the ST Clair River, around Harsens island, into Anchor Bay... It was such a beautiful and enjoyable boat ride! Natural beauty continues to amaze me. The air temps were in the low 60s, water temps were in the mid 40s in the river and low to mid 50s in the lake. Not much luck fishing but we did see a couple of big fish chase our lures in the clear water. One was a musky and the other a walleye. I love my boat as it gives me all the range I need, drafts pretty shallow for its size and handles rough seas as if it was calm. The Detroit river is where the fish are now so I aim to go there on the next adventure.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Where I live in N. Alaska is a major flyway for migratory birds. Cranes, geese, tundra swans, ducks, and more.
                For the last several days, the cranes have been forming large V's in the sky as they are getting ready to go home.
                This morning around 5:30am I saw at least 10 V's in the sky formed by these large birds.
                So beautiful.

Comment

This has been a bad summer for me as far as getting involved in outdoor activities. Health problems, family obligations, work,...have been stopping me from being outside this summer. I am hopeful in getting some time in yet but I am active all year long in the outdoors so I will be out there for sure. Wish I had some good stories to share this summer but been working too much.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Well here we are mid October, it is the 18th today and it is 76 degrees outside. I am in my shorts and t-shirt and would be wearing flip-flops if I could find them. The boat is finally fixed and working great and I have some time to use it so better late then never.. I will be chasing big toothy musky, walleye and smallmouth bass and will hopefully have some pics to share.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

More good warm news.
                      In climate news, NASA is reporting last month was the warmest September on record. Eleven of the past 12 months have now broken records. Scientists say 2016 is almost certain to be the warmest year ever, breaking last year’s record. This comes as it still feels like summer throughout much of the East Coast and Midwest, with record-breaking temperatures expected today in dozens of cities. In Dodge City, Kansas, the temperature reached 101 degrees Fahrenheit on Monday.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X