Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Great Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Great Outdoors

I bought a boat this year and have been busy fishing Lake St Clair. This has been a busy and fun summer so I have not posted much in this thread. I have not fished this lake in many years and learning it all over again is taking some time. We caught a nice musky and a big channel catfish thus far that were noteworthy. The cool thing about this lake is the diversity of fish species..you never know what you will catch. My boat is a catamaran which rides great in choppy head seas. It felt good to be cruising past all the other monohulls on a rough day as the other boaters were getting beaten up and slowing down. I will try to post some pics of the boat and the fish if we get some really bad weather that will keep me at home.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

The Cranes are in the sky. They are gathering for their return flight home. Winter approaches (ugh).
      Love those big birds. All the other migratory birds will soon follow.
      Big V's in the sky with Canadian honkers and other geese , cranes , ducks , etc.
      See you next year.

Comment

Those birds are beautiful indeed and they are passing by here and leaving plenty of droppings to remember them by.
        I have really enjoyed my boat this year and have learned how to drive a much bigger boat then I ever had before. The cat hull is fantastic but it does take some skill to utilize it to full advantage. I will never go back to V-hulls again. Here is a pic of the boat I found on that website http://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sa...e-pending.html
        This thing drafts only 12 inches and waves mean nothing to it. The boat has really opened up a lot of possibilities because it has a huge range and allows for outings even in bad conditions. Despite all these advantages, I have not done well fishing lake ST Clair this year. I have not fished this lake for about 15 years and learning it all over again has been much slower then I had anticipated. If you guys are in the area I will be happy to take you for a ride but I cant guarantee you will catch anything yet
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I am not too happy about these warm temps. I looked at the forecast and it is showing mid to high 40s for the next ten days straight. This is not December weather for Michigan. My marina requires I have the boat out early October and there does not seem to be any icefishing possibilities for quite a while. I will be fishing on my little boat but I wish I did not have to put the big one away so soon. I wonder if this will be the second year on record where Michigan simply skips winter..
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            I am not too happy about these warm temps. I looked at the forecast and it is showing mid to high 40s for the next ten days straight. This is not December weather for Michigan. My marina requires I have the boat out early October and there does not seem to be any icefishing possibilities for quite a while. I will be fishing on my little boat but I wish I did not have to put the big one away so soon. I wonder if this will be the second year on record where Michigan simply skips winter..
            Day before yesterday it was 35 above for two days and in the 30s the preceding 3 or 4 days.
            I'm about 160 miles from the arctic circle. Traditionally were I live there was only one place that was regularly colder ... Yakutsk Russia. That's in Siberia. Last year was almost a no show for winter and so far this year is way too warm.
            If I'm not mistaken, last year was the warmest on record. The vast majority of scientists I meet , and I meet many are adamant that climatic change is happening at a dramatic pace and the pace is quickening.
            All thanks to man and our wonderful leaders.
            No worries though because everyone knows the pursuit of big monetary profit is the primary reason for living.
            So obviously I say ... Don't worry about trashing our planet, let's try to make moe money and then we can all be happier. Actually right after I post this I'm going to look at the wall street journal and get the best tips on we're to invest my money. I hear Monsanto & Dow chemical are hot.
            Gee, I think I'm feeling happier already.

Comment

Besides the rising sea levels, it seems the bulk of the temperature changes are occurring closer to the poles. There have been drastic and unprecedented changes in the weather here in Michigan. I could see a definite warming trend over the last 20 years here but skipping winter a couple of years ago really scared me. I may have to come up and visit you Arty if I want to find some safe ice to fish on.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Well safe ice finely formed at the end of the second week of this month. Better late then never I guess. I love how fresh ice makes so many loud sounds when you walk on it. Scares the crap out of people who are not used to it.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  Well safe ice finely formed at the end of the second week of this month. Better late then never I guess. I love how fresh ice makes so many loud sounds when you walk on it. Scares the crap out of people who are not used to it.
                  About a week ago we had two 40 above days preceded by a week of high 30 & 20 aboves.
                  No ice on the rivers yet.10 or 12 years ago, the rivers in the northern part of Alaska where I live would be frozen solid enough to drive a 10 wheeler dump truck on.
                  Last winter almost didn't show. So far winter has not came yet.
                  When I tried to track how many metric tons of pollution mankind has dumped into our finite invironment , I reached " MILLIONS " but had not put all the factors in play yet.
                  Of all the animals that have ever lived on our planet, top prize for filth goes to ... (drum roll) ---

Comment

My son and I were I fishing in Mexico a couple of weeks back. We caught 10 amberjacks (reef donkeys), grouper, snapper, and trigger fish. This video is not us but it shows kids catching big AJs, it reminded me of my son reeling in the reef donkeys.
                    Triple Amberjacks 40 miles off the coast of Siesta Key. Fishing a ship wreck 110 foot deep with Outriggers Charter Fishing. Joe in red, catches the first ...
                    Last edited by Haykakan; 01-19-2016, 05:51 AM.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Well finely we have some safe ice to fish. These winters are a joke. Fishing was good today as a good variety of fish were caught. I even brought some panfish for dinner. I look forward to frying them up.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X