Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The 100th Anniversary - and Events to Mark it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 100th Anniversary - and Events to Mark it

Hurriyet Daily News, Turkey
    Jan 9 2015

Israel won't recognize 1915 as Armenian Genocide: Israeli ambassador to Baku

BAKU

A woman places a lit candle on portraits of Armenian intellectuals who
    were killed and deported under the Ottoman rule during the World War
    I, on April 24, during a commemorative march on Istiklal Avenue in
    Istanbul. AFP Photo

Israel does not intend to recognize the killings of Armenians in 1915
    as a genocide this year, Israeli Ambassador to Azerbaijan Rafael
    Harpaz has said, the Azerbaijani website Trend reported on Jan. 8.

"Israel is a democratic country. Everybody has two opinions [on the
    issue], not one," Harpaz said.

Referring to some Israeli politicians' call for the government to
    officially recognize the genocide, he said the government already has
    "a very clear opinion ... which was earlier stated by Foreign Minister
    Avigdor Lieberman."

Harpaz also expressed hope that relations between Israel and Turkey
    will improve.

"There are enough common interests and issues in the world for us to
    cooperate," he said.

"Take the example of Turkish Airlines. Turkish Airlines is the biggest
    foreign airline active in Israel. Istanbul is the biggest hub for
    Israelis. The same goes for tourism and trade, which are up. So we
    hope that our political relations with Turkey will improve," the
    ambassador added.

January/09/2015

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I read in the rise of Russia blog that there will be a revolution in Armenia on April 24. I guess that also qualifies as an event LOL

Comment

Germany refuses to use term "Genocide"

01.26.2015 11:43NEWS

Responding to a parliamentary question, the government of Germany
        announced that it would not use the term "Genocide" for the 1915
        Armenian Genocide, and that the appraisal of 1915 was primarily the
        responsibility of Turkey and Armenia.

A Der Tagesspiegel news report carried by Deutsche Welle Türkçe
        reports that, responding to a parliamentary question submitted by The
        Left Party, the government of Germany has stated that "the appraisal
        of 1915 was primarily the responsibility of Turkey and Armenia" and
        that "the mass killings and deportations of 1915/1916 should be
        subject to the assessment of academists".

The government also stated that it had no plans of holding a
        commemoration event on 24 April 2015.

The Central Council of Armenians in Germany had expressed a desire for
        government representatives to participate in commemorations. "The
        Federal Government is currently examining the possibilities of
        participation" was the government's response.

Jelpke: Germany is evading responsibility

Left Party Member of Parliament Ulla Jelpke criticized the stance of
        the government, stating that this amounted to evading Germany's
        responsibility in the crime. Jelpke added that the German Reich was an
        ally of the Ottoman Empire during World War I, was aware of the
        massacre, and was partially culpable.

There are more than 20 countries across the world that recognize the
        Armenian Genocide. France, Italy, Poland and Russia recognized the
        Armenian Genocide; while denial of the Armenian Genocide was declared
        illegal in Greece, Switzerland, Slovakia and Spain.

Responding to a parliamentary question, the government of Germany announced that it would not use the term “Genocide” for the 1915 Armenian Genocide, and that the appraisal of 1915 was primarily the responsibility of Turkey and Armenia.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
          I read in the rise of Russia blog that there will be a revolution in Armenia on April 24. I guess that also qualifies as an event LOL
          lol so i see you enjoy reading conspiracy fantasy fiction

Comment

Things that go over you little empty heads are conspiracy? Yeah and a bunch of camel jockeys also did 9/11 LOL You Amerigatsis are amazing. Here you go my arab looking bro start educating yourself by watching this:

Սթափվե´ք, այլապես կգա այն օրը, երբ ժողովուրդը կստիպի ձեզ սթափվել https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEz5W9_lKo

Originally posted by Mher View Post
            lol so i see you enjoy reading conspiracy fantasy fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
              Things that go over you little empty heads are conspiracy? Yeah and a bunch of camel jockeys also did 9/11 LOL You Amerigatsis are amazing. Here you go my arab looking bro start educating yourself by watching this:

Սթափվե´ք, այլապես կգա այն օրը, երբ ժողովուրդը կստիպի ձեզ սթափվել https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEz5W9_lKo
              I don't know why I continue to bother to acknowledge your hetamnatsants and dillusional existence, but anyway

From his posts its very easy to realize the writer of that blog is some unstable bobby fisher type loony living in his moms basement ranting about things he knows nothing about. Its sadly obvious to me he has not been to armenia in recent years, and has no contacts in armenia, because otherwise he would know that nobody in Armenia takes preparliment seriously. Lol but of course mr angry living in moms basement wouldn't know that. They are more of a joke that the crazy person who got arrested on fifth of november throwing molotov xxxxtails (who had also posted a similar video before nov5). Any moron can put up a video on youtube (just like any moron can run a blog), it doesn't mean anyone but some other unusual social outcasts like them follow those views. Even more importantly, the preparliment group is far more prorussian than prowest. Not that it matters considering they are a complete joke and have no following whatsoever. but in the crazy tinhat conspiracy universe, facts shouldn't bother you i guess. So I'm sorry to tell you that everything you think you know about Armenia comes from a crazy person

Once again my delusional friend, I'm parskahye, born and raised in Majidiye,Tehran, where I've spent a majority of my life. you on the other hand probably grew up in the United States, and have enjoyed the full benefits of being a US citizen, and yet you call someone else an amerigahye (like its an insult). I've been to Armenia over and over again, and have relatives living there who served in Armenian army and deal with life there every day. Once again its obvious to me how out of touch you are with the daily realities of life in Armenia, otherwise you wouldn't say the crazy things you say-based on what you learned from mr armenian bobby fisher.

And once more you seem to have forgotten, as if to demonstrate your child like attention span, that I've made it clear to you my photo is Monte Melkonian

Comment

Racism or free speech? Happens to be a judgement due right around 100th anniversary.

As for the blog in question between Mher and Serjik I would say there is a lot of truth in that blog. I may not agree with some things there but most of the important issues are covered rather well there. That blog is a great source of balance which is much needed with the dominance of western media splattering its distorted views all over the world. The problem is that many people have been brainwashed by western media to the point that any alternative to what is in the news is simply nonexistent or laughable. It is this type of ignorance that is the bane of humanity. Allowing yourself to be manipulated and being told what you are seeing and actually the manipulation of what you are seeing are ways others use you to their advantage. My interactions with Armenian (the writer of the blog) was brief because he was on his way out of this forum when I was just starting to get involved here. Our interaction was brief but the concerns and love we shared for Armenia were very much real. I very much share his geopolitical vision and assessments and I commend him for putting in the time and effort to make a fine blog. Our differences lie in the importance of religion and other social issues. Even the dashnaks by now understand that Russia is Armenia's only hope for any kind of a future yet we have lots of media trying very hard to pry us away from Russia. Again this forum has prime examples such as the Vrej1915 character who is a mouthpiece for Lragir, a publication whose sole intent is to drive a wedge between Russia and Armenia. Armenian is very much right about the rising bear along with rising other powers who were for centuries repressed and have now broken free. It is the rise of these powers and the horrid special interest based political system of USA that is the source of the global realignment being discussed in this blog. Instead of writing it off people like Mher need to read it and learn a balanced perspective based on truth instead of media hype and lies. By the way Mher the things I know and the way I think had nothing to do with Armenian and we both came to the same geopolitical conclusions on our own by simply observing and using our brains. The truth is real and that is why unrelated observers come to the same conclusion. It is not easy to see through the lies spewed out by the western media but you can find the truth if you really look for it.
                Last edited by Haykakan; 01-29-2015, 09:08 AM.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I don't know why I continue to bother to acknowledge your hetamnatsants and dillusional existence, but anyway

From his posts its very easy to realize the writer of that blog is some unstable bobby fisher type loony living in his moms basement ranting about things he knows nothing about. Its sadly obvious to me he has not been to armenia in recent years, and has no contacts in armenia, because otherwise he would know that nobody in Armenia takes preparliment seriously. Lol but of course mr angry living in moms basement wouldn't know that. They are more of a joke that the crazy person who got arrested on fifth of november throwing molotov xxxxtails (who had also posted a similar video before nov5). Any moron can put up a video on youtube (just like any moron can run a blog), it doesn't mean anyone but some other unusual social outcasts like them follow those views. Even more importantly, the preparliment group is far more prorussian than prowest. Not that it matters considering they are a complete joke and have no following whatsoever. but in the crazy tinhat conspiracy universe, facts shouldn't bother you i guess. So I'm sorry to tell you that everything you think you know about Armenia comes from a crazy person

Once again my delusional friend, I'm parskahye, born and raised in Majidiye,Tehran, where I've spent a majority of my life. you on the other hand probably grew up in the United States, and have enjoyed the full benefits of being a US citizen, and yet you call someone else an amerigahye (like its an insult). I've been to Armenia over and over again, and have relatives living there who served in Armenian army and deal with life there every day. Once again its obvious to me how out of touch you are with the daily realities of life in Armenia, otherwise you wouldn't say the crazy things you say-based on what you learned from mr armenian bobby fisher.

And once more you seem to have forgotten, as if to demonstrate your child like attention span, that I've made it clear to you my photo is Monte Melkonian
                  http://www.melkonian.org/gal/02.html
                  I've read virtually everything the blogger of " rise of russia" has written. Factually the guy gets much correct and is quite knowledgeable. Indeed, scholarship of considerable worth.
                  (However), the subservient prostration to Russia the guy advocates I find completely wrong and it turns my stomach.
                  As Haykakan rightly points out, no Russia and we are left defenseless. Also if one looks, one can easily find many (great many) instances of Russian generosity and bravery toward Armenia to Armenia's great benefit.
                  (However), as Vrej rightly points out, one need not look long, or far to see the outrageous atrocities and stupidity Russia has exhibited toward Hayastan .
                  The dynamic between Russia and Armenia is complex and exhibits both the welcome and unwelcome and one cannot ignore either.
                  Having said all that, Russia is about the only friend we (Hay) has. For better or worse, that's how it is.
                  Despite the many accurate points the blogger Mher speaks of has made, I agree with Mher's assessment of said blogger. That guy went off the deep end quite some time ago. Mother Russia my ass. Dear Russia, I Sincerly appreciate what you have done for my people and indeed many things you do for us even unto this very day. Truly Sincerly , but please don't expect any bj's, except maybe from the blogger Mher refers to.

Comment

Ay datark parkapzuk LOL

Who said something about how much support preparliament morons have? The point bro is they are trying to ruin the 100th anniversary of the genocide and dingbats like you are not even batting an eyelash about it. Syrian opposition was also small once and the Syrian did not feel a threat and see what happened? Im hayastantsi studying in the degenerate country you call home. I lived in hayastan most of my life. When I don't have school I m always there. So how about you shut your trap about crap you know nothing about. What mom's basement? what fisher what tinhat are you blabbering about little clueless boy? Things in the world you cant understand are conspiracy theories? You americans crack me LOL

Oh and sorry for confusing you with an amerigatsi, I should have known you are a parsik LOL

http://www.melkonian.org/gal/02.html

Comment

Artavadz

There has never been any outrageous atrocities by Russians against Armenians what western spys like Vrej (the fake war veteran) like to do is hang crimes of bolsheviks on necks of Russians. Russians suffered the most during bolshevik times not only Armenians.

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                      I've read virtually everything the blogger of " rise of russia" has written. Factually the guy gets much correct and is quite knowledgeable. Indeed, scholarship of considerable worth.
                      (However), the subservient prostration to Russia the guy advocates I find completely wrong and it turns my stomach.
                      As Haykakan rightly points out, no Russia and we are left defenseless. Also if one looks, one can easily find many (great many) instances of Russian generosity and bravery toward Armenia to Armenia's great benefit.
                      (However), as Vrej rightly points out, one need not look long, or far to see the outrageous atrocities and stupidity Russia has exhibited toward Hayastan .
                      The dynamic between Russia and Armenia is complex and exhibits both the welcome and unwelcome and one cannot ignore either.
                      Having said all that, Russia is about the only friend we (Hay) has. For better or worse, that's how it is.
                      Despite the many accurate points the blogger Mher speaks of has made, I agree with Mher's assessment of said blogger. That guy went off the deep end quite some time ago. Mother Russia my ass. Dear Russia, I Sincerly appreciate what you have done for my people and indeed many things you do for us even unto this very day. Truly Sincerly , but please don't expect any bj's, except maybe from the blogger Mher refers to.

Comment

Working...
                      X