Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The 100th Anniversary - and Events to Mark it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 100th Anniversary - and Events to Mark it

Arty that Vrej character has no substance at all. Just look at his posts and you will see that there is not a single one which talks positively about Armenia or Armenians. Everything he says is negative especially regarding Russia. People like this are here for only one purpose and that is to propagate propaganda. You will find problems in his posts but never solutions. You will find Lragir in his posts and nothing of thought from him nor anyone else. He only starts posts and fills them with Lragir garbage and never participates in any other parts of the forum. These are all clear indications of a propagandist saboteur. It is the 100th anniversary of the genocide and a guy with a name Vrej(meaning revenge) 1915 (referring to the genocide) can think of nothing but Russia? He is a excellent example of a cheap propagandist.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      By the way Mher the things I know and the way I think had nothing to do with Armenian and we both came to the same geopolitical conclusions on our own by simply observing and using our brains. The truth is real and that is why unrelated observers come to the same conclusion. It is not easy to see through the lies spewed out by the western media but you can find the truth if you really look for it.
      my comments weren't directed towards you, but the handful of teens and twenty something sudden nationalists who have popped up on this forum from time to time, and proudly admitted how most of what they know about Armenia and the region has come from this magical prophet.

lol and lets not misuse the word balance. because there's a pile of sh!t on one side, putting more sh!t on the otherside doesn't equal a remedy to the situation. It just means more sh!t. I try to read as many sources as I can and make my own assessment. Being an engineer, I don't care much for someones else's anaylsis or opinion. I look at facts and data and draw my own conclusion. That blog is a pure work of fantasy and delusion. It is blatantly obvious that the writer of that blog just throws out random pieces of unrelated nonsense hoping something stick on some emotional level. He demonstrates not even a middle school level of understanding of economics or politics. Let's get one fact straight. Russia isn't rising anywhere. I assume by other powers you mean China. Russia shouldn't get credit for the massive economic leap made by China. China has put up 25 years of massive and continuous economic growth because of fundamental and difficult reforms it was willing to make in all many institutions. It's economy is driven by very savvy policies drawn up by technocrats and its faceless government. This has allowed it to get the country up from the ashes of a communist dictatorship dystopia. Yes China was oppressed in the late 19th century, but not just by the west, but to an equal amount by Russia and empirial Japan. And it had nothing to do with keeping a potential great power down. It was about kicking a rotting carcass and taking what you can.

Russia on the other hand, went through a difficult period in the 90's due to economic transition but also by poor policies enforced by the IMF and World Bank. However, that didn't change the fact that it had a collapsed economy rampant with corruption that produced little of value. Moreover, the reason it had a moderate growth in the past 15 years wasn't because of fundamental improvements in its economic structure, it wasn't because of a merit based system where its brightest began running its institutions, it wasn't because corruption and waste were eliminated. It was simply because oil's price increased by almost 10 times in a span of less than a decade. That was a temporary distraction to the fact that its still an economy run by an oligarchy that creates little of value beyond natural resources. Now that that has passed, those flaws are becoming apparent again. Even when things were looking up, and oil was at $110/barrel, it's not as if its economy was booming. In recent years the economy had been growing at 1-3% a year. Even before the current upcoming recession/depression, the all mighty Russian economy was only the 4th largest in Europe, comparable to that of California's. I think it's just absolutely fantasy to lump this up with China, and give Russia the credit China is do for its reforms and improvements. The only reason Russia is relevant today is its 50 year old nuclear arsenal and its raw resources, not any great rise in economic power. Where as its only natural to expect China to be part of a bipolar global political structure in the immediate future, Russia is looking more likely to be the Mexico to China's US. I think its total self deception to try to project that reality as US/EU v Russia/China

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
        I've read virtually everything the blogger of " rise of russia" has written. Factually the guy gets much correct and is quite knowledgeable. Indeed, scholarship of considerable worth.
        (However), the subservient prostration to Russia the guy advocates I find completely wrong and it turns my stomach.
        As Haykakan rightly points out, no Russia and we are left defenseless. Also if one looks, one can easily find many (great many) instances of Russian generosity and bravery toward Armenia to Armenia's great benefit.
        (However), as Vrej rightly points out, one need not look long, or far to see the outrageous atrocities and stupidity Russia has exhibited toward Hayastan .
        The dynamic between Russia and Armenia is complex and exhibits both the welcome and unwelcome and one cannot ignore either.
        Having said all that, Russia is about the only friend we (Hay) has. For better or worse, that's how it is.
        Despite the many accurate points the blogger Mher speaks of has made, I agree with Mher's assessment of said blogger. That guy went off the deep end quite some time ago. Mother Russia my ass. Dear Russia, I Sincerly appreciate what you have done for my people and indeed many things you do for us even unto this very day. Truly Sincerly , but please don't expect any bj's, except maybe from the blogger Mher refers to.
        lol absolute perfect assessment of everything
        I have nothing else to add

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
          Ay datark parkapzuk LOL
          Who said something about how much support preparliament morons have? The point bro is they are trying to ruin the 100th anniversary of the genocide and dingbats like you are not even batting an eyelash about it. Syrian opposition was also small once and the Syrian did not feel a threat and see what happened? Im hayastantsi studying in the degenerate country you call home. I lived in hayastan most of my life. When I don't have school I m always there. So how about you shut your trap about crap you know nothing about. What mom's basement? what fisher what tinhat are you blabbering about little clueless boy? Things in the world you cant understand are conspiracy theories? You americans crack me LOL
          Oh and sorry for confusing you with an amerigatsi, I should have known you are a parsik LOL
          ok apres, great insightful analysis as usual, now go back to reading your fantasy fan page blog
          Last edited by Mher; 01-30-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Mher you disregard or are unaware of important facts. Countries like China and India where more advanced then the west in every way until the industrial revolution which began in England and allowed it to dominate everyone. China and India had not gone through the industrial revolution and they lost their sovereignty and became the victims of british imperialism. They tried many times to break away by revolt but the revolts failed until people like Gandi found a way to beat the imperialist and take back their country. Economic growth in countries like India and China did not exist while they were slaves to the britts. These countries declined economically because they had lost sovereignty and could not make decisions in their best interest. Economic growth started for these countries once they achieved independence and could make decisions for themselves (sovereignty). While economic reforms did help both countries grow their economies faster, it was being sovereign that was the biggest factor in allowing any kind of growth. This factor exists today in China, in India, in Russia, in Brazil (BRIC countries) but it obviously does not exist in the EU where time and again the EU was forced to play the xxxxx to USA. Even in USA you have a situation where special interest outspends public interest 100 to 1 and undermines that countries sovereignty along with its economic growth and potential. You should also know that it was not me who put Russia in the same grouping as the rest of the BRIC countries, it was put there because it had a growing economy which was in no small part due to the sovereignty which Putin helped Russia achieve. You see Russia does indeed belong in this group and I am not the only one saying that. Your comparison of Russia being to China what Mexico is to USA is just so ludicrous I am not sure it even warrants a response. While I admire and encourage the fact that you think for yourself I must point out that your facts seem limited to only current events and even there you have a tendency to ignore important facts in making your assessments and forming your views on important topics. Yes I am criticizing you but you should note this is constructive criticism which you should use to strengthen your knowledge and form better arguments.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              Arty that Vrej character has no substance at all. Just look at his posts and you will see that there is not a single one which talks positively about Armenia or Armenians. Everything he says is negative especially regarding Russia. People like this are here for only one purpose and that is to propagate propaganda. You will find problems in his posts but never solutions. You will find Lragir in his posts and nothing of thought from him nor anyone else. He only starts posts and fills them with Lragir garbage and never participates in any other parts of the forum. These are all clear indications of a propagandist saboteur. It is the 100th anniversary of the genocide and a guy with a name Vrej(meaning revenge) 1915 (referring to the genocide) can think of nothing but Russia? He is a excellent example of a cheap propagandist.
              Hakakan , I like you and read your post with much interest. I also like Vrej and read his posts that I can understand (English ones) with much interest. Although my family decided not to teach the 2nd generation children (me) Armenian so we might blend in better (and I understand) , I am glad Vrej posts much in Armenian.
              So I cannot comment on those posts I cannot read.
              However , Vrej is the only one I recall posting of the water situation in Hayastan .
              Vrej is the one who posts most often on the mining situation in Armenia.
              Vrej is the one who posted of the desire of the nomads to our south to graze sheep in Hayastan .
              The water, the mining, the grazing are things of PARAMOUNT importance to us.
              Vrej, thanks for sounding the alarm and alerting us to these important issues.
              I do not agree with Vrej on everything. I do not agree with you on everything & vice versa. Does not mean we can't have a civil discourse.
              I'm no fan of Lragir but I agree with Vrej ... Address the content & point out our differences.

--- on complaining --- if anyone thinks the Hayr villagers don't have much to complain about, legitimately , well these list is just too long to enumerate here.
              Anyway, thanks for telling me what the word vrej means and I look forward to your posts.

Comment

The reason you think Vrej has any validity is that you cannot read his posts in Armenian. If you could you would call him out as a saboteur also. Now go look at what he posted right after what I just wrote above. I told you that it was odd that man calling himself Vrej(revenge) and using 1915 the year of the genocide as part of his name has never posted anything in the genocide section nor ever discussed the topic even as the centennial approaches. Now go look he just started a thread on the centennial now. You see he is reading our posts and spying on us, he is filling our forum with propaganda based on lies, half truths and foreign interests, he cares not about us nor this forum which is explained by his lack of participation in any thread besides the ones he creates. he cares not for Armenia nor Armenians because his posts are full of nothing but negativity and lack anything even remotely constructive. People have the right to read and think what they want and I have the right to call bs or saboteur when I see it.

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                Hakakan , I like you and read your post with much interest. I also like Vrej and read his posts that I can understand (English ones) with much interest. Although my family decided not to teach the 2nd generation children (me) Armenian so we might blend in better (and I understand) , I am glad Vrej posts much in Armenian.
                So I cannot comment on those posts I cannot read.
                However , Vrej is the only one I recall posting of the water situation in Hayastan .
                Vrej is the one who posts most often on the mining situation in Armenia.
                Vrej is the one who posted of the desire of the nomads to our south to graze sheep in Hayastan .
                The water, the mining, the grazing are things of PARAMOUNT importance to us.
                Vrej, thanks for sounding the alarm and alerting us to these important issues.
                I do not agree with Vrej on everything. I do not agree with you on everything & vice versa. Does not mean we can't have a civil discourse.
                I'm no fan of Lragir but I agree with Vrej ... Address the content & point out our differences.

--- on complaining --- if anyone thinks the Hayr villagers don't have much to complain about, legitimately , well these list is just too long to enumerate here.
                Anyway, thanks for telling me what the word vrej means and I look forward to your posts.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Found this website dedicated to the centennial.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Excellent speech by Oskanian.
                    Войдите на Facebook, чтобы общаться с друзьями, родственниками и знакомыми.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

QUEEN ELISABETH TO VISIT TURKEY ON APRIL 24, REPORTS SAY

15:25, 11 Feb 2015
                      Siranush Ghazanchyan

Queen Elisabeth II will visit Turkey on April 24 to participate in
                      the events marking the 100th anniversary of the battle of Gallipoli,
                      ermenihaber.am reports, quoting dunya.com. Seven destroyer warships
                      will ensure her security.

The source notes that about 14,000 tourists from New Zealand and
                      Australia will visit Turkey to commemorate the Australian soldiers
                      killed in the battle.

Only 13,000 spectators will be allowed to participate in the official
                      ceremonies on April 24 and 25. Most Turkish citizens will be deprived
                      of the opportunity to attend the events.

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X