Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Levon Thomas :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levon Thomas :(

Glendale News
    Glendale athlete killed in ATV crash in Armenia
    Local Scout leader had traveled to Armenia to play in the Pan-Armenian Games.

Levon Thomas

Glendale resident Levon Thomas, 20, died over the weekend in an ATV accident while visiting Armenia to play in the annual Pan Armenian Games.

August 4, 2015 | 4:50 p.m.
    A young Glendale athlete who was killed in an ATV accident over the weekend in Armenia representing his hometown just days before the annual Pan-Armenian Games is being remembered for his good-natured spirit and commitment to volunteerism.

Levon Thomas was only 20 years old, but according to family and friends had achieved a great deal as a soccer player, basketball player and as a Scout leader through his local chapter of Homenetmen, a nonprofit Armenian organization.

Thomas was born in Glendale and graduated from Glendale High School two years ago. He was most recently attending Glendale Community College and worked as a lifeguard at the pool at Pacific Community Center.

Hovig Chahinian, chairperson of the organization’s Los Angeles chapter, said he’d known Thomas since he was a boy, watched him grow up and coached him in soccer.

He described Thomas as an ambitious team player who respected everyone, always had a smile on his face and would go out of his way to help others.

“He was a model Scout and an ideal teammate, an overall unique individual,” Chahinian said. “Homenetmen teaches you to rise and raise others with you. Levon was one that exemplified the true vision of what Homenetmen is.”

Chahinian’s brother, Arshag, was Thomas’ former Scout leader and soccer coach. He recalled the young man as someone who would never say no to an opportunity to help out.

Chris Eskandarian, athletic director for the Los Angeles chapter and Thomas’ older cousin, echoed those sentiments.

“Levon was just the perfect example of an athlete, of a player, of a teammate that any team in a Homenetmen organization needs to have,” Eskandarian said. “Every team needs to have somebody like Levon on their team for there to be a team.”

Thomas and 17 other young athletes representing the city of Glendale flew to Armenia last week for the sixth annual Pan-Armenian Games to compete in soccer. Thomas played defense in the left-back and right-back positions. Thomas died on Saturday while in Tsaghkhadzor.

Thomas’ father, Aram, athletic director for Homenetmen Western USA regional Committee, was en route to the games and was contacted about his son’s death while on a layover in Moscow, Chahinian said.

Levon Thomas also leaves behind his younger brother, Shahe, who was also on that trip to Armenia, younger sister, Lara, and mother, Lena, who both remained at home in Glendale.

Chahinian said Levon Thomas spent a lot of time at his father’s auto shop helping out and that a lot of his personal traits were passed down to him from his parents.

Serge Grakasian, chairman of the soccer committee for Homenetmen’s Ararat chapter who helped assemble the team, said the local soccer players will continue to play in the games without the teammate they lost.

It was Aram Thomas who told them they should push forward and carry on.

“He talked to the kids and said, ‘you guys are here for the tournament, so you have to go and play for your teammate, play for yourself, play for your organization and play for your parents,’” Grakasian said. “That helped a lot. Probably Aram was the only one that could have said that.”

Chahe Thomas, who played on a different team, wore his older sibling’s No. 5 jersey during a match on Tuesday.

Funeral arrangements and memorial services are pending, Eskandarian said.

Hovig Chahinian said what Levon Thomas achieved in his short life is what many wish they could attain in a full lifetime — and that will be a part of his legacy.

“We can point to him and tell the next generation it can be done this way, it can be done the right way, it can be done in a way where you, as an individual, don’t come first, your surroundings do,” he said.

Positive vibes, positive taught

Re: Levon Thomas

The Quad ATV must have landed on him after he flipped. The three wheel ATV is the most dangerous. Dirt Bikes are the best and the most you do is brake a bone.

++RIP++
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

It is so sad his fuuneral is on Monday
      Only 20 years old
      R.I.P.

Comment

I lost a good friend when I was 19......he flipped his convertible, no wearing seat belts back then, his passenger got thrown out and just broke his arm, car landed on my friend a dragged his head on the road. Not a pretty sight guys. He was 19
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Happens far too often up here. A young, crank on the throttle kid (majority) going way to fast (crank that throttle) got scewed by a tree branch cause (1) going way too fast, (2) can't pay attention to everything at that many feet per second.
          It's a reall sorrow and you can bet it was the 20 year olds fault.
          As a specialized tool for accessing rough terrain they are valuable when in the hands of a mature resonsible...
          but otherwise they are a death trap.

Comment

That is why we all need to be thankful for every day of life, because life is 2 short

Comment

I lost a very good friend when we were 18.........he flipped his convertible as this other guy which was with him got ejected from the car but my friend driving got stuck between the car and the asphalt. Massive head injury leaving a trail. I found a peace of him after the incident clean up.
              We were mad because the guy who got ejected, we were questioning his action. He was known to grab the wheel from passenger side and give advise that no one needs (we used to street race). That guy had salvaged more cars than I can count. I always thought this guy is dangerous and until today I cannot dismiss that he might have grabbed the wheel on that turn, cause the wheel to hit the curve which flipped the mustang.

Don't matter much I lost a good friend and this guy was a very good guy, everybody loved him. Never forget the screams of his mother the night we were suppose to pick him up and go out.

Why good guys die young.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Eddo yeghpayr, we cant question or answer why people die so young
                thats why I said in my earlier post we need to be thankful every day we wake up because no one knows when there time is up only GOD

Comment

Working...
                X