Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

MY GENOCIDE SHORT STORY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY GENOCIDE SHORT STORY!

This is a genocide short story i have written thought you guys would like to read it, it's called - Innocent Eyes
    Give me feedback

I dedicate this short story to the 1.5 million Armenians who were massacred brutally in the hands of the Ottoman Turks in the year 1915, and to my grandparents who were witnesses to this black page in history. Through this short story I wanted to portray the feelings and thoughts a child might of gone through during the death marches of thousands of defenseless Armenians into the Syrian dessert. I was inspired by my grandfather’s stories because he too was a child at the time.

The sunrises over peoples whose sun has already set, never to return. Whose cries echo into emptiness, never to be heard. Whose eyes have seen the ending of their families, and the ending of their race.

The golden sun lifts from the east, over the ever-changing sandy hills created by the fury of the wind, marking the start of another day, but who has slept? Just the dead, lying with limbs separated from their once productive bodies, bodies butchered of their once intellectual minds.

The sun has now risen to the sky standing in solitude, as a child stands alone - skin and bone. His once agile feet, with which he used to play with friends, and his never-ending childish energy, were now worn out. And friends? He wondered where they all were. He dreamt that once again he could feel the sensation of the cool water from his old town’s well, passing through his dried up body, at least allowing him to sweat under this treacherous heat, which has emptied him of every drop of fluid, but his thin blood passing through his now weak heart.

As the strong winds passed, the smell of the dead corpses assaults his senses. Ahead of him, he could see his nation’s people marching to their deaths in a straight line, as if they were boxcars emptied of their baggage, and the next stop for the train was the last. Only this train would not make a second trip the next day. The child had been left behind because he could not continue on, dragging his legs in the boiling, blood tainted sand. He had come a long way. As he stood in a trance, he remembered the happiness of his family. His mother was pregnant, and the joy they were all in was unexplainable, but this happiness turned to pain without warning. With his small, innocent eyes, he saw his pregnant mother raped and killed, and his father butchered of his head by the death soldiers. He was left alone on the land, which once was the Garden of Eden, but now had become the depths of hell.

He noticed the line of people had gotten very far by now, and was disappearing into the steam, leaving behind more groups of corpses on its way. He turned, looked back, and he saw his fate. He saw people slowly, and painfully moving to their deaths, lifeless bodies lying on the sand never to be buried, children crying with nobody to stand by them, and the old mourning with nobody to console them. As death lingered over the child, he came to his knees, and with his last breath he prayed the prayer his mother had taught him to say every night before he went to sleep. Only here there was no pillow, there was no bed, there was no mother to tuck him in…

As he closed his eyes, the weakened sun settled behind the blood wrenched sands, burying the dead with darkness, but there was always hope for another day.
Working...
X