Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Profession without Money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profession without Money?

Being the nostalgic creature that I am, I thought it'd be appropriate to create this thread, and if you think it's lame, I don't give a rat's ass.

Anyway, we've all been asked the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" For some, our answers might still be the same as when we were 7, but for others, such as myself, the answer has changed for one reason or another.

When I was younger, being the tomboy that I was, I always wanted to be a cop, or most importantly, a pilot. Oh how I dreamt of being able to fly, to experience the freedom that flight rewards you with.

Unfortunately, my plans have changed, for being a pilot requires perfect vision - something I lack. I can only imagine flying around and going, "Mayday! Mayday! My contact popped out!" Hahaha. But fear not, for I may be healing some of you in the future (so be nice, hahaha).

If you didn't figure it out, my plans have changed to becoming a doc (hopefully).

So what's YOUR story?

Hey flames, what kind of Doc?

I never considered being a doctor, I think everything is nasty.

and I don't like touching people I don't know.

Comment

Well, for a while, I contemplated the idea of being a plastic surgeon - that way, I could be an artist and a physician at the same time. But then I saw these fake-boobed, stuck-up bimbos, and my morals got the best of me. So I thought, maybe I'll stick to reconstructive plastic surgery, for burn victims and such, but then that's just creepy (I saw some pictures, and I just about had a heart attack). I've not had very much experience with cadavers, so I have yet to tap into my tolerance level of what I can and cannot endure. If everything works out, I might still go with surgery, but probably not plastic. If all else fails, I'll stick with general practice. Even then, I can still help humanity in some way (sounds cheesy, I know).

Comment

When I was growing up I wanted to be just like Lenin and my second choice was to be an astronaut as a result of Soviet conditioning. Ironically I grew up to be a Capitalist.

Flames, how about a brain surgeon and whatever happened to the dream of being a singer?

Comment

I usto wannabe the President, then i wanted to be a doctor then a lawyer then a psycologist and now my dream is to be a Federal Court Judge, appointed for life.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve When I was growing up I wanted to be just like Lenin and my second choice was to be an astronaut as a result of Soviet conditioning. Ironically I grew up to be a Capitalist.

Flames, how about a brain surgeon and whatever happened to the dream of being a singer?
            You are not a capitalist in the true sense of the word.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

When I was growing up I wanted to be a lawyer, but now I am studying the history of squirrels to become a historian of the squirrels.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse You are not a capitalist in the true sense of the word.
                Truth does not breed in your nature, thus your claim of a definition is invalid on its own.

Originally posted by Anonymouse now I am studying the history of squirrels to become a historian of the squirrels
                And what a noble profession indeed, to study your relatives. Squirrels and mice are rodents that typically infest homes, have you studied the methods of exterminating them? Perhaps you should experiment on yourself first and we’ll see which methods work.

Comment

When I was young (well, younger), I wanted to be the star goalie of the Montreal Canadiens (hockey team, for all you non-sportsy people). Eventually, due to the constant brainwashing caused by all my relatives calling me "pasdapan", I figured I might as well be a lawyer. 2 or 3 years ago, however, I made the switch to politics, and that is the sphere I want to be in right now.

And oh yes, sporadic outbursts of "I want to be a secret agent" were quite frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve Flames, how about a brain surgeon and whatever happened to the dream of being a singer?
                    A brain surgeon...hmmmmm.....

Anyone care to be my guinea pig? Hehehee

As far as that goes, I am still exploring the exact path of medicine that I am going to take. Believe me you, I have PLENTY of time to do that...I'm only a junior in undergrad.

As far as being a singer, I haven't given up on the idea just yet. I still love to sing (haven't done much recently with school), but since I miss it so much, it's only a matter of time before I get back to it. I was thinking of joining an ensemble at school for next semester - I'll be auditioning. Maybe that'll help me manage my time better . The high that I got when I was up on stage is indescribable. Who knows, maybe I'll be a doc with being a singer on the side (defying the rules of time, hahha).

Comment

Working...
                    X