Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Tarkan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jilbagh
    he tries to cover his gayness behind his gay music...him and joseph kirkorian which i still think someone should hook them up together and ship them to gitmo
    krikorian has that 'look of sex' on his face! it's sooo gross *throws up* he's NOT sexy nor seductive! he's more lascivious than anything else! yukkkkk

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88John
      I dont know about Tarkan and his Kiss Kiss...but İbrahim Tatlıses is real good, and the fact that they are turkish does not really bother me, because what happened back then has nothing to do with the turks today...true they still claim nothing ever happened, but thats their problem not ours....as long as we know it happened and the greatest mack of all does, god than everything is cool.....sooo ya..lol
      disliking turkish music simply because it's turkish is one of the dumbest things somebody can do... Ibrahim Tatlises puts ANY armenian pop singer to shame these days, without even breaking a sweat. despite their ruthless & careless past, turks take their music VERY seriously & there isnt a single armenian band on the planet that even comes remotely close to any of the world's top turkish musicians..... sad but true.

its sad because armenian music is fundamentally much more beautiful (in my opinion) than turkish music is. i have studied many many different styles of music of many different cultures & none come close to the emotional & dynamic range that armenian music covers. the saddest songs ive ever heard are armenian. the happiest also & when u listen to some of the grotesque lyrics in a lot of heghapokhagan songs, so are the angriest.

I will prove to you the definition of music, is a greek.

Most Armenian music is originally Turkish, Greek or Arabic. Most Turkish music is originally Arabic or Greek. So most songs are Arabic or Greek.

There you have it, music / greek...music is greek!
      jilbagh, that formula made no sense whatsoever... & thats besides the fact that even if it did, it's still false.

most armenian music is not originally turkish, greek or arabic.. at least not traditionally... traditional armenian, greek, arabic & persian music have coexisted since way too far back to be able to distinguish which did what first, where each instrument originated or where certain musical elements such as scales, rhythms, tuning systems & melodic vocabulary were created. turkish music (& all turkish culture in general) is like the bastard offspring of a mix of all these cultures. they've come a long way in a few hundred years, because now, a lot of armenian pop songs are taken from greek, arabic & turkish songs, & in that sense, jilbagh, u are correct. this is unfortunate, because armenian music is actually fundamentally a lot more rich than any of these other styles, as far as im concerned.

-----

speaking of which, i just discovered a freakin AWESOME band. they're called "LAÇO TAYFA", they are a Turkish-Fusion band... the instrumentation is really interesting: clarinet, baglama (saz), kanun, violin, drumset, percussion, electric bass & keyboards. there are so many elements in this music: from traditional turkish tunes, 'mawal's & hicaz, to jazz, fusion, funk, & even some Latin influence!! im really tripping out HARD on this band lately, u guys should check it out.

Comment

oh yea, by the way.....

Tarkan actually IS gay & that's why he didnt do his army duty & thats why he got his butt kicked out of turkey for a while (i dont know if he was ever able to go back)

i cant really tell if he's a decent singer or not because ive never heard his natural voice, unaltered by all those studio miracle-machines, compressors, limiters & automatic pitch-correctors.... but considering he cant do without these gadgets, i think i can safely say he's a pretty cr@ppy singer & his voice is the only thing thats actually worse than his music.

tarkan is a very bad example of turkish music. listen to ibrahim tatlises & name me 3 armenian singers who, combined, might come close to making one Ibo.

Comment

jilbagh, that formula made no sense whatsoever... & thats besides the fact that even if it did, it's still false.
          Ever seen my Big Fat Greek Wedding?...but i'm talking about the popular music. It's TRUE The popular and the (scares me to say this word) rabiz are either Turkish, Greek sometimes Russian (even though they should really slow down--ok laugh, joke- hi!)

a lot of armenian pop songs are taken from greek, arabic & turkish songs, & in that sense, jilbagh, u are correct.
          HA! I knew it!!! hehehe

this is unfortunate, because armenian music is actually fundamentally a lot more rich than any of these other styles, as far as im concerned.
          Thats why I like the traditional songs that sound more modern, but still have the same instruments....like Aravod.

Comment

oh yea, by the way.....

Tarkan actually IS gay & that's why he didnt do his army duty & thats why he got his butt kicked out of turkey for a while (i dont know if he was ever able to go back)
            SEEEEEE I Told y'all!!! He's gonna sing "It's Rainin' Men'' transelated into Turkish as his next single

Comment

SEEEEEE I Told y'all!!! He's gonna sing "It's Rainin' Men'' transelated into Turkish as his next single

Comment

Originally posted by ardenik
                oh yea, by the way.....

i cant really tell if he's a decent singer or not because ive never heard his natural voice, unaltered by all those studio miracle-machines, compressors, limiters & automatic pitch-correctors.... but considering he cant do without these gadgets, i think i can safely say he's a pretty cr@ppy singer & his voice is the only thing thats actually worse than his music.

tarkan is a very bad example of turkish music. listen to ibrahim tatlises & name me 3 armenian singers who, combined, might come close to making one Ibo.
                he is bisexual (he confirmed this after someone broke into his home and stole compromising photos of him naked with another man on a beach) he didnt do the full service with the army, but he did pay for it to be cutt short. they wouldnt allow him to step foot in turkey any more(tour) unless he did his service to turkey. They offer a deal to people : either pay up or serve. So he paid and was able to do a shorter term then most men who cannot afford to pay that fee. So instead he did a few months vs. a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by MeesterFly
                  he is bisexual (he confirmed this after someone broke into his home and stole compromising photos of him naked with another man on a beach) he didnt do the full service with the army, but he did pay for it to be cutt short. they wouldnt allow him to step foot in turkey any more(tour) unless he did his service to turkey. They offer a deal to people : either pay up or serve. So he paid and was able to do a shorter term then most men who cannot afford to pay that fee. So instead he did a few months vs. a few years.
                  that sounds about right. thank you.

Comment

For some reason this discussion reminded me of a CD i saw in my friend Manuk's car once... "Very Best of Turkish pop mix 2001" ... I'm serious.
                    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
                      For some reason this discussion reminded me of a CD i saw in my friend Manuk's car once... "Very Best of Turkish pop mix 2001" ... I'm serious.
                      why wouldnt u be serious?

Comment

Working...
                      X