Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Tarkan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ardenik
    why wouldnt u be serious?
    Cause that's the stupidest goddamn title for a CD I've ever heard. When I think of Turks, I don't think of pop music. I think of bad movies... like Turkish Starwars
    Last edited by HyeJinx1984; 07-27-2004, 11:56 AM.
    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
      Cause that's the stupidest goddamn title for a CD I've ever heard. When I think of Turks, I don't think of pop music. I think of bad movies... like Turkish Starwars
      yea turkish pop music is pretty sh!tty... but thats only because i think a lot of pop music is sh!tty, regardless of where it's from. non-pop turkish music, on the other hand, is often fantastic.

that movie looks hilarious, i gotta see it!! the fact that its not meant to be a comedy just makes it MORE hilarious!! hahaha

Comment

sorry to say- i hate anything thats turkish- their music, their movies... and their stupid turbins- or however the hell you spell that- after reading alot more about the genocide- especially armenian books about them- i hate them even more for what theyve done...

Comment

Originally posted by angelik22
          sorry to say- i hate anything thats turkish- their music, their movies... and their stupid turbins- or however the hell you spell that- after reading alot more about the genocide- especially armenian books about them- i hate them even more for what theyve done...
          ahhh ull get over it......

u might live ur entire life surrounded by armenians, keeping ur armenian vs. odar friends ratio above 80% throughout ur life & never REALLY talk to a turk (about anything other than the Genocide & silly historical "i'm right, u're wrong"isms) in which case u would be depriving urself of literally an entire world of wonders & beauties, but u will be naively happy. & will eternally love hating turks. proud to be armenian, u will manifest that pride among other armenians in such conversations as this: "hayere katch en!" "ayo!" "hayere hbard en!" "ayo!!" "hayere amena lavern en!!" "AYO!!!" oh my, how enlightening...

but if u decide to treat urself by expanding & multi-culturalizing ur surroundings, u will realize that there are many beautiful things in the world which are not necessarily armenian (dont panic if u feel , its normal at first!!) it will shock u at first to discover that most turks DONT wear turbans & they are indeed capable of creating beauty, as much as they were once-upon-a-time capable of creating total destruction. stay PROUD to be armenian, but manifest that pride of heritage among people who might be enlightened to learn about our beautiful culture.

however for the latter statement to turn out to be true, we must first get over our unconditional hatred for all that is turkish & distinguish historical & political issues (nonetheless important on a global scale) from unfounded personal grudges.

think about it.... there's a world of wonders out there!

(...) after reading alot more about the genocide- especially armenian books about them- (...)
          u DO realize that armenian books are also one-sided stories.......
          Last edited by ardenik; 07-27-2004, 01:03 PM.

Comment

let them live there life with there eyes closed. they wont enjoy all of lifes fruits that way its there loss not ours.

Comment

What a naive way to look at things Ardenik. I for one agree with Angelik, and although you may consider me "close minded" as well let me assure you that I am not. I actually have ZERO close Armenian friends outside of family, in fact almost 90% of my friends are Israeli Jews. My favorite music is Black gangster rap, my favorite food is sushi, I've worked for a Turk on a movie set and I've dated many girls outside my culture... I am hardly "sheltered" or "unknowledgable" about other races and cultures around me, yet I hold the same exact beliefs as Angelik.

In fact, the more I read about our history the less important the Genocide in and of itself becomes (sorry if that sounds callous, but a lot more xxxx has happened in our 2000 years than just that), but still turks are our number one enemy not just because of what they've done, but what they are still doing. Destroying the remains of our historical landmarks? Refusing to nullify an immoral treaty? denying massacres (as well as and other than genocide)? Educating their citizens in a way that makes them hate us and consider us whiners when we actually have valid claims? I'm sorry, Turks have done nothing to get into my good graces, or any other of ours.

Besides, their language sounds like xxxx to me anyway.

I'm not saying you have to stop listening to Turkish music, or stop watching Turkish movies, or like certain artistic parts of the Turkish culture.. more power to you, have fun.. all I'm saying is don't suddenly judge other Armenians for their opinions on Turks. Don't assume you know how "stupid" or "sheltered" we are. Our feelings are valid, respect that.
              Last edited by HyeJinx1984; 07-27-2004, 11:05 PM.

Comment

lettttt my peopllleeee goooooo

Comment

What a naive way to look at things Ardenik. I for one agree with Angelik, and although you may consider me "close minded" as well let me assure you that I am not. I actually have ZERO close Armenian friends outside of family, in fact almost 90% of my friends are Israeli Jews. My favorite music is Black gangster rap, my favorite food is sushi, I've worked for a Turk on a movie set and I've dated many girls outside my culture... I am hardly "sheltered" or "unknowledgable" about other races and cultures around me, yet I hold the same exact beliefs as Angelik.

In fact, the more I read about our history the less important the Genocide in and of itself becomes (sorry if that sounds callous, but a lot more xxxx has happened in our 2000 years than just that), but still turks are our number one enemy not just because of what they've done, but what they are still doing. Destroying the remains of our historical landmarks? Refusing to nullify an immoral treaty? denying massacres (as well as and other than genocide)? Educating their citizens in a way that makes them hate us and consider us whiners when we actually have valid claims? I'm sorry, Turks have done nothing to get into my good graces, or any other of ours.

I'm not saying you have to stop listening to Turkish music, or stop watching Turkish movies, or like certain artistic parts of the Turkish culture.. more power to you, have fun.. all I'm saying is don't suddenly judge other Armenians for their opinions on Turks. Don't assume you know how "stupid" or "sheltered" we are. Our feelings are valid, respect that.
                  I see your point Hyejinx and Ardeniks point and I agree with both to some degree.

My take on it is that regardless of what the Turks have done, I only listen to their music casually. Not as much as Armenian, but i don't close my eyes when it comes to artistic expressions regardless of where it's from. That doesn't mean that I except the Turkish culture as part of my life, but I don't disregard it either.

No matter what culture it is in this world, I'm sure something can be learned from each of their artistic expressions whether its film, music, dancing, or art.

At the same time, it is ok not to except their artistic views either, because you don't have to necessarily be "stupid" or "sheltered". Those who choose not to listen or watch their artistic talents is fine.

Bottom line: Art has no boundaries. Music is universal. Don't let the history of the past dictate the taste you acquire for tommorow. Keep your mind open, listen to it and if you don't like it after listening to the music, or watching the dances, artwork, or films... fine. Forget about it and move on. At least you can say that you have experienced it and do not like it, rather than just bluntly disliking it from the historical past.

Comment

Oh, I can't argue with you Pac... *gives big hug*

Comment

In fact, the more I read about our history the less important the Genocide in and of itself becomes (sorry if that sounds callous, but a lot more xxxx has happened in our 2000 years than just that),(...)
                      we have existed since much longer than 2000 years ago, im not exactly sure so dont quote me on this, but i'd say maybe about 5000.

but still turks are our number one enemy not just because of what they've done, but what they are still doing.
                      in the current state of things, i would be more inclined to say that turks are not our number one enemy, we are our own number one enemy. nobody has done more to hold the armenian race back from advancing in every field than armenians & their stubbornness, jealousy & obsession with leadership (to the point that we have more leaders than followers) when one organization takes on an armenian-related project, not only does another organization refuse to join in & help make it a more pan-armenian project, but they actually do everything within their power & more to make sure that it turns out to be a horrible failure.

Destroying the remains of our historical landmarks? Refusing to nullify an immoral treaty? denying massacres (as well as and other than genocide)?
                      & the turkish public & community is responsible for this how?

Educating their citizens in a way that makes them hate us and consider us whiners when we actually have valid claims?
                      have u ever even been to turkey?? have u ever really been among a group of turks or even just hung out with one? the VAST majority of turks dont hate armenians. except of course for those armenians who harrass them & vandalize their property in retaliation for crimes they personally did not commit or condone in any way. u say u've worked for a turk, did HE hate u?? i mean, he hired u, didnt he? maybe he hired u with the secret intent to send u off on a death march thru the desert to die of starvation, exhaustion & fatal wounds... hmm.. maybe................ or maybe NOT!

i used to think like u.. i used to hate anything thats turkish. i used to throw fits whenever my grandparents spoke turkish. until i grew out of it & realized theres more to life.. & theres more to turks than barbaric murderous behaviour. & then i went to turkey. i saw it with my own eyes. if some random guy in the street sees a kid who looks lost, they will most likely be concerned for him/her & will help find the parents or whatnot... which is more than we can say about americans, now isnt it?

I'm sorry, Turks have done nothing to get into my good graces,
                      u havent exactly done anything to give them a chance, now have u?

(...)or any other of ours.
                      that is not necessary. speak for urself.

yea, its a pretty bobo language, ill give u that much.... but it sounds kinda nice when its spoken properly.

i dont judge, especially not "suddenly". i never called anybody "stupid". but u should really explore their people & culture before u dismiss them as ugly, mean, barbaric killing machines.

as for music, art & whatnot.. they are not meant to be bound by the barriers that society is bound by. dismissing art based on the nationality of its creator is ridiculous.. according to u, all jews must hate beethoven, bach, & all the other german masters. do u see now how absurd that is??

anyways, i shouldnt argue with u now.. there was no way in hell u coulda changed my mind a coupla years ago & here i am now, a different person & im much happier this way. its hard to be happy when ure full of hatred. it really really really is.......

take care, buddy

Comment

Working...
                      X