Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversation

I had an interesting talk with one of my friends today. I offer this story up without any moral judging one way or another... just sharing it.

I hang out with a group of friends between classes at Valley college, most of which are either filapino or hispanic, with one Itlaian guy. Me and the Italian guy have been talking a little more recently.

Somehow today the topic of Ex-Girlfriends came up and we started talking. I brought up the fact that I was sorta forced into hanging out with myu Ex-Girlfriend last night because even though we broke up, we have the same group of friends. Considering how much I don't like my ex-girlfriend, I'll be honest and admit I reffered to her as "an annoying xxxxx" from time to time in the conversation. As a side note, no, my ex is not Armenian.

Since we were on the subject, my friend (more like aquiantence) decided to share his own ex-girlfriend story. Apparently, his Ex-girlfriend was Armenian. As expected, the red flags went up in my mind. However, wasn't I just talking about a girl who was of a different race as well? As we kept talking, we reffered to her as a "xxxxx" a couple of times. More red flags... I don't even know this girl, but knowing she's an Armenian girl and hearing an odar-male calling her a piss got me revved up. But.... didn't I just call my ex-girlfriend a xxxxx too?

Then the real bomb hit... he'd gotten her pregnant. I really had to force myself from flipping out. Not to sound racist, but one of the things that always comforted me and made us different from other minorities such as Hispanics or Blacks is that our girls for the most part don't get pregnant out of wedlock. However, I offered up my own story... about how I'd gotten MY ex-girlfriend pregnant as well. Thankfully (as sad as it may sound) in both cases, his and mine, the girlfriend's had gotten an abortion. I guess this sort of made us brothers in a weird way.. we had something in common, a fetusin the grave. Still... I wanted to tear his head off. this wop got one of our precious Hye-Ahchiks pregnant? But........ didn't I do the same thing?

Now I know at this point (if you've bothered reading this far) are saying "why didn't you just put this in the interacial relationships thread"... I guess that's part of it. But what I'm really focusing on here is how we're similar.. but whereas up until now I've never really thought about it in SUCH negative terms, hearing it from someone else and seeing how it infuriated me sure opened my eyes.

This Italian guy had gotten an Armenian girl pregnant. For this I should hate him... but aren't I guilty of the same crime? This IS about interacial relationships... but what it's really about is looking in a mirror. From the way he desribed it, they were really in love... just as I was really in love with my odar.

Again, I don't really know where I'm going with this story, and I honestly don't have any particular point I wanna make, just sharing something that really, really made me think.
    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

I don't think that's a bunny. It looks like a mouse or something. Oh well, still so so cute.

Hyejinx, I think you're being hypocritical and I don't blame you. I'm too tired to continue typing though. *yawn*
      I see...

Comment

you're not babbling and it makes a lot of sense what you say; by some divine force you were put in the position of a judge and a defendent at the same time and how great it is to read that you chose to look at him as a brother and not some 'evil guy who got an armenian girl pregnant'; 'let him without a sin cast the first stone'~~ thanks for sharing that we all make choices in life and who's to say that they are more righteous than their neighbor and their friend?~~ the whole purpose of life IS to live moments like that; where we realize that we are all equal! even those who have committed horrible crimes and are paying for it with a life sentence or even death! we are all one under God, however, our differences lie in the choices we make, and how conscious we are of the consequences of our actions, and how much conscience we have (how connected we are with the universe and how much reverence we have for life)....while it may be easy to judge a bum on the street, think!! if you and i were born in a different time, in a different place, in a different family, with different circumstances, we too might be sitting on the side of that curb trying to feed ourselves for the day.

Comment

Good post...

Hmph... why are you making me like you again?

Comment

cuz you never stopped liking snow white

Comment

You just hurt my feelings is all... *sniff*

Comment

Honestly Hyejinx.... we're all human beings.

I have gotten past the fact of looking at people and categorizing them by culture all the time. I look at them on a humanistic level. Before, I would've gotten pissed off as well just like you... but you know what? We as an Armenian race are not so innocent either.

Yea, the girl was Armenian and it's frustrating to hear about that story... but that doesn't matter. Everyone is a human being in this life who's capable of making choices for their own and living with the consequences or the rewards of the choices. Apples and Oranges might not mix, but in the end we're all a fruit right?

So... I guess.... essentially, you and him are not guilty at all for calling them b*tches because that's the way you expressed your feelings towards your ex's.... not the race as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
                  I had an interesting talk with one of my friends today. I offer this story up without any moral judging one way or another... just sharing it.

I hang out with a group of friends between classes at Valley college, most of which are either filapino or hispanic, with one Itlaian guy. Me and the Italian guy have been talking a little more recently.

Somehow today the topic of Ex-Girlfriends came up and we started talking. I brought up the fact that I was sorta forced into hanging out with myu Ex-Girlfriend last night because even though we broke up, we have the same group of friends. Considering how much I don't like my ex-girlfriend, I'll be honest and admit I reffered to her as "an annoying xxxxx" from time to time in the conversation. As a side note, no, my ex is not Armenian.

Since we were on the subject, my friend (more like aquiantence) decided to share his own ex-girlfriend story. Apparently, his Ex-girlfriend was Armenian. As expected, the red flags went up in my mind. However, wasn't I just talking about a girl who was of a different race as well? As we kept talking, we reffered to her as a "xxxxx" a couple of times. More red flags... I don't even know this girl, but knowing she's an Armenian girl and hearing an odar-male calling her a piss got me revved up. But.... didn't I just call my ex-girlfriend a xxxxx too?

Then the real bomb hit... he'd gotten her pregnant. I really had to force myself from flipping out. Not to sound racist, but one of the things that always comforted me and made us different from other minorities such as Hispanics or Blacks is that our girls for the most part don't get pregnant out of wedlock. However, I offered up my own story... about how I'd gotten MY ex-girlfriend pregnant as well. Thankfully (as sad as it may sound) in both cases, his and mine, the girlfriend's had gotten an abortion. I guess this sort of made us brothers in a weird way.. we had something in common, a fetusin the grave. Still... I wanted to tear his head off. this wop got one of our precious Hye-Ahchiks pregnant? But........ didn't I do the same thing?

Now I know at this point (if you've bothered reading this far) are saying "why didn't you just put this in the interacial relationships thread"... I guess that's part of it. But what I'm really focusing on here is how we're similar.. but whereas up until now I've never really thought about it in SUCH negative terms, hearing it from someone else and seeing how it infuriated me sure opened my eyes.

This Italian guy had gotten an Armenian girl pregnant. For this I should hate him... but aren't I guilty of the same crime? This IS about interacial relationships... but what it's really about is looking in a mirror. From the way he desribed it, they were really in love... just as I was really in love with my odar.

Again, I don't really know where I'm going with this story, and I honestly don't have any particular point I wanna make, just sharing something that really, really made me think.
                  I think you have a hang up with this false image that Armenian girls cant be ho bags. Let it go, life will be much more simple, then you can come down from Babylon and join us for some Mr. Pibb and Hot Pockets!
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    I think you have a hang up with this false image that Armenian girls cant be ho bags. Let it go, life will be much more simple, then you can come down from Babylon and join us for some Mr. Pibb and Hot Pockets!
                    Exactly, well put.

By the way.... Mr. Pibb rules.

Comment

Working...
                    X