Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Why Turkey will never be admitted into the European Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News From Lebanon

Turks seethe over German resolution
    Erdogan rejects as 'ugly' the decision to investigate massacres and expulsion of Armenians a century ago

By Rym Ghazal
    Daily Star staff

BEIRUT: Just days after Lebanese Armenians protested in Beirut during Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's visit, German Parliament passed a resolution on Thursday asking Turkey to re-examine its role in the "Armenian massacre" a century ago and take "responsibility," sparking great anger from Turkish officials.

German lawmakers adopted a cross-party resolution asking the Berlin government to press Turkey to investigate the "organized expulsion and destruction of the Armenians" and foster reconciliation, a motion passed "with votes from the whole house," announced parliamentary Vice President Antje Vollmer after a show of hands.

Turkish Premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan reacted by calling the decision "wrong" and "ugly" upon returning from Lebanon.

Erdogan said it was "wrong that the Federal German Parliament has, without discussing or negotiating the issue, sacrificed it to the demands of simple [Armenian] lobbies. Beyond it being wrong, it is ugly."

An official statement from the Turkish Embassy in Lebanon said: "This resolution is regrettable and we strongly condemn it. There is no evidence for the Genocide claims up to this day and it should be left to the historians to decide, not by parliamentarians." Meanwhile the Tashnag Party, the largest Armenian party in Lebanon, released a statement that said: "The Armenians all around the world are truly grateful for this courageous step."

The statement also noted that resolution fell short of using the word "genocide," using instead "killings" and "massacres" in reference to the mass killings, and added that "if Turkey had similar courage and dared to deal with the dark side of its past, the Armenian quest would have been resolved a long time ago." Lebanon is home to the largest Armenian community in the Arab world, made up of descendants of survivors of the 1915-17 massacres in Turkey.

Armenians have been accusing Turkey of genocide for the past 100 years, where the community annually protests against Turkey's mass killings of 1.5 million Armenians as part of what they claim a 1915-23 Turkish campaign to force Armenians out of eastern Anatolia. At the time, Armenia was part of the Ottoman Empire. Turkey remains extremely sensitive over this issue, denying the killings and stating the death count is inflated and that Armenians were killed or displaced along with others as the empire tried to quell civil unrest.

While the motion didn't mention Turkey's bid to join the EU, it did say that the Armenian issue is an example of how Turkey needs to "guarantee freedom of speech," an area where Ankara has been told it must improve if it is to join the EU. Germany's Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder has been one of Turkey's strongest backers in its membership bid.

In addition, the motion included recognizing a limited German role in the massacre as Germany was Ottoman Turkey's main ally during World War I and failed to stop it, with the German Parliament asking "the Armenian people for their forgiveness."

Source: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article....ticle_id=16040
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
      What Kaka-kitab is spewing is not a nationalistic myths - they are absurd jokes.

Any one, even with half a brain, realizes that:

Turkey is a artificially faricated nation based upon the bones of millions of aboriginal Christians.

Turkey is hated virtually by all its neighbors, Syrian, Armenia, Greece, Iran, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Serbia, Russia.

Turkey, although located within the finest region of the world with regards to geographic situation, economics, tourism, is perhaps one of the most backward nations on earth.

Turkey has an internal cancer, namely the kurds, that will destroy it one day.

The whole world except, Turks and Jews, realizes these peculiar aspects of Turkish reality. The European Union is very mindful of this as well. Europe needs Turkey on their south eastern flank for economic reasons. However, the EU will never allow such an abomination, as in the state of Turkey, to join the western world.

Turks are living in an absurd fantasy world.

The only reason why we Armenians keep discussing Turkey today is because we Armenians have a lot of unfinished business - land, money and blood.

I realize that there will be Armenians who will go along with money and Land reparations, but will oppose blood revenge. Those Armenians need to realize that they can't change human nature. If a criminal killed most of your family members, it is quite natural and quite human to seek revenge.

Thus, there will be Armenian who would seek turkish blood. Best Armenian *Hippys* can do it to simply get out of their way when the day comes.

Turkey will fall whether or not we Armenians fire a shot. Thus, all Armenians need to be ready for that inevitable day, the day when we can have our glorious tricolors flying upon the magnificent ruins of Ani, the ancient citadel of Van and our holy mountain of Ararat.

Armenians have been around for four thousand five hundred years. Long after the last turk disappears into the pages of history - we will still be around.
      Well, there is no way of making a communication with your kind since whatever I say can not change your "thoughts" which you parrot. You are really sick people and seem so miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Brigade
        this one is class

Let this poor man believe to his nationalistic myths.
        If you have an opposition to what I said, state it clearly. Otherwise I have nothing to say to you anymore since you seem already miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
          you would make a great Turkish facist chasing minorities around ...
          "Karakitap" and "Armenian" are two sides of the same soon to be demonetized coin.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
            "Karakitap" and "Armenian" are two sides of the same soon to be demonetized coin.
            Come on, this is simply an unjusted comment. I am the good guy.
            Can you show my any single word which racistly or in a facsist way of insulting Armenians?

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
              Says who???

An idiot who thinks he is a cat?

Its been a year and I am still waiting for you to say something smart. I can't wait any longer, I give up. Therefore, you must be an idiot. My suggestion for you is to get a life or simply - get lost. What's with your obsession with Armenians anyway? Can't you find yourself some English websites to ennoy?

Damn, you and these turks around here are like guests form hell! You folks simply don't know when to leave.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

i think it would be very boring if we were not around...

Comment

I agree, a dialogue for example:
                  M: Hi Levon, how are you today?
                  L: Fine Mari, I was just serching about Turkish history as usual. Do you know that Turks were making soup from human blood?
                  M: ah yes, for sure they are evil isn't it Hrant?
                  H: Yes and they are bastard, too. Hey look Kirkor is online, too. Hi Kirkor, what did you do about Turks today?
                  K: Hi everybody, well, nothing, I just searched google and find some articles, do you know that inflation rate is rised 2% last month.
                  H: really? so Turkey has some economic problems, that's a wonderful news. Hey look Ohannes is online too, Hi Ohannes!
                  O: Hi everybody.
                  M: So Ohannes what did you do about Tutkey today.
                  O:Well, unfortunately nothing. I was lazy today. I just go to the church and prayed for god to destroy Turkey.
                  K: Just that? Oh I read an article about them today. Do you know that they were eating new born Armenian children during Ramadan?
                  M: I did not surprised, youn know they are Turks.
                  K: Yes, murderers.
                  O: Evils.
                  L: And they are eastern you know, not European like us.
                  M: OK, so see you tomorrow. What will you do tomorrow Ohannes?
                  O: Well I just continue to write my new book. It's name is "Why we have to terminate Turkey?"
                  K: Hmm OK, so see you tomorrow.
                  L:Bye...
                  O:

Comment

Originally posted by karakitap
                    I agree, a dialogue for example:
                    M: Hi Levon, how are you today?
                    L: Fine Mari, I was just serching about Turkish history as usual. Do you know that Turks were making soup from human blood?
                    M: ah yes, for sure they are evil isn't it Hrant?
                    H: Yes and they are bastard, too. Hey look Kirkor is online, too. Hi Kirkor, what did you do about Turks today?
                    K: Hi everybody, well, nothing, I just searched google and find some articles, do you know that inflation rate is rised 2% last month.
                    H: really? so Turkey has some economic problems, that's a wonderful news. Hey look Ohannes is online too, Hi Ohannes!
                    O: Hi everybody.
                    M: So Ohannes what did you do about Tutkey today.
                    O:Well, unfortunately nothing. I was lazy today. I just go to the church and prayed for god to destroy Turkey.
                    K: Just that? Oh I read an article about them today. Do you know that they were eating new born Armenian children during Ramadan?
                    M: I did not surprised, youn know they are Turks.
                    K: Yes, murderers.
                    O: Evils.
                    L: And they are eastern you know, not European like us.
                    M: OK, so see you tomorrow. What will you do tomorrow Ohannes?
                    O: Well I just continue to write my new book. It's name is "Why we have to terminate Turkey?"
                    K: Hmm OK, so see you tomorrow.
                    L:Bye...
                    O:
                    Hey, that reminds me, isn't it the national "Insult a Turk" month today. I almost forgot. Well here it goes:

-"Hey Turk, why don't you stick you head up your ass, see if you find Ataturk and Suleiman up there, you necrophiliac bastard".

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                      you necrophiliac bastard".
                      You forgot livestockphiliac

Now, does anybody have a smart commnent to make about the topic of this thread?

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X