Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Why Turkey will never be admitted into the European Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wonder what the festivals look like on that day.... parades? costumes and all... it must be an internatonal day i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
      You forgot livestockphiliac

Now, does anybody have a smart commnent to make about the topic of this thread?
      smart? comment? you?

Comment

The subject of the thread itself is not smart.

Comment

Says who???
          Says me!

An idiot who thinks he is a cat?
          This from an idiot that self-styles himself the "Armenian" (presumably because you think all the other Armenians here are not worthy of the name) and awards himself medals.

Its been a year and I am still waiting for you to say something smart.
          Proof that pearls are wasted on swine.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

You forgot livestockphiliac

Now, does anybody have a smart commnent to make about the topic of this thread?
            Well, personally I think the topic is useless. First of all we know the reasons why Turkey shouldn't be accepted into EU. They're very straightforward reasons. But you never know what Europeans will do. They might accept Turkey, you can never tell. When it comes down to it, all Europeans will care about is self-benefit rather than ethical or moral considerations. And Turkey does have an important geopolitical locale, which they're squizing for all it's worth.

Comment

Hmmmm....

Let me see : 3 million turks in Germany. The Bulgarians are "slavified turks" - and 10% are non-slavified turks, so 500.000 normal turks there. In Albania, Macedonia and Bosnia there are roughly 2 million ethnic turks. In France, Scandinavia etc. you will find another 200.000 turks. The Hungarians are a turkic nation (the children of Atilla the Hun - a turkick tribal leader).

So... to add up: There are at least already 6 million turks inside Europe.

Who cares if the EU wants to allow Turkey to enter ? It's all a matter of time. These 6 million will have children that enter politics, businesses etc. It just a matter of time......

The Turk

Comment

Armenians have been around for four thousand five hundred years. Long after the last turk disappears into the pages of history - we will still be around.

Wow... i thought you guys were turks that converted to Christianity! I mean all your freakin surnames mean something in turkish : Bardakciyan means son of the glassmaker, Kocaryan means son of the sheep herder, Kuyumcian means son of the goldsmith etc. etc.

So tell me : If you are such an ancient people, how come you have turkish surnames ?

Comment

yes, it is interesting that most of Armenians have Turkish surnames.
                  demirjian, deukmejian, semerjian, pamoukjian, nisanjian, terzian, sepetjian, chobanian,...

Comment

Originally posted by TheTurk
                    Wow... i thought you guys were turks that converted to Christianity! I mean all your freakin surnames mean something in turkish : Bardakciyan means son of the glassmaker, Kocaryan means son of the sheep herder, Kuyumcian means son of the goldsmith etc. etc.

So tell me : If you are such an ancient people, how come you have turkish surnames ?
                    That's a very good point. The reason is simple. It is a well known fact, that Turks are and have been since their arrival incapable of acquiring most basic trades and skills. This is both due to nature - Turkic genes hold no intellectual promise and the well of Turkish intellectual capacity has never held a drop - and nurture - their nomadic, live by the sword, make war not culture ways have defined a people incapable of creation and progress. So, how were Turks able to survive all those centuries. Why simple, on the backs of countless skilled and resourceful minorities, who besides acting as the workhorses of the oppresing country brought their distinct culture and arts to define the culture and arts of Turks. You should read what US embassador to Turkey, Henry Morgenthau thought about this exact point. Even the most famous Turkish mosque, the jewel of Istanbul, is a changed-over church. Even Sufism, which takes center stage when Turkish culture is discusses and showcased is a gift from Persians, including Shams of Tabriz, Rumi who was born in Afghanistan and others.

So to answer your question, Armenians and other minorities were the only goldsmiths, taylors, accountants, etc etc etc. With time, the last names were changed to make the brainless cattle that made up the majority of the country easily understand which Armenian to turn to for essential services.
                    Last edited by karoaper; 07-01-2005, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTurk

Btw, what a poor effort to rouse some reaction from Armenians. Really you needn't try. We already hate your ilk whether you insult us or not. Infinity + 100 still equals Infinity. You however seem incredibly bothered by our take on you. I don't know why. If a person is beaten, his food is stolen, his temple is destroyed, his parents are murdered, his sister is raped, who in their right state of mind would question the motives for his hate, and furthermore what can demented comments do to further his animosity towards the culprit.

Comment

Working...
                      X