Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Why Turkey will never be admitted into the European Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karoaper
    That's a very good point. The reason is simple. It is a well known fact, that Turks are and have been since their arrival incapable of acquiring most basic trades and skills. This is both due to nature - Turkic genes hold no intellectual promise and the well of Turkish intellectual capacity has never held a drop - and nurture - their nomadic, live by the sword, make war not culture ways have defined a people incapable of creation and progress. So, how were Turks able to survive all those centuries. Why simple, on the backs of countless skilled and resourceful minorities, who besides acting as the workhorses of the oppresing country brought their distinct culture and arts to define the culture and arts of Turks. Even the most famous Turkish mosque, the jewel of Istanbul, is a changed-over church.

So to answer your question, Armenians and other minorities were the only goldsmiths, taylors, accountants, etc etc etc. With time, the last names were changed to make the brainless cattle that made up the majority of the country easily understand which Armenian to turn to for essential services.
    "hay@ g'shine, turk@ g'ple" as the saying goes (the armenian creates, the turk destroys). TheTurk, please educate yourself:

karakitap, you forgot our earlier conversations?(http://forum.armenianclub.com/showpo...0&postcount=85)

It is not hard to understand your feelings since you lost all your past suddenly and when you are gone, we lost our past, too. We lost all that colorful society, our talented craftsman, tradesman, succesful people and Turkey became a narrow cultured place. When I click your link of Efkere and see the village with the big church I can better see how a colorful country has turned to modern Turkey. Youg generation is unaware of living together with Armenians buth the old generation miss you. I believe that most of the ordinary people were not responsible what you faced at 1915 and sorry for this. Nothing can bring the past and to say sorry is also meaningless, too.
    BTW, where is your family originally from?
    and another thing, your compatriot thinks that armenians are originally turks who converted to christianity?!! is this a sick joke? or is this what people actually think in your country? first turks are related to sumerians, and now armenians are really turks? you have to admit you have some psychological problems. when even the most basic facts of history are distorted to this degree, how can there be an honest discussion of 1915?
    Last edited by bezjian; 07-01-2005, 12:31 PM.

Comment

your compatriot thinks that armenians are originally turks who converted to christianity
      Sometimes these turks are really hilarious and make you laugh

The things they come up with......
      If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
      -George Orwell
      Thus the highest realization of warfare is to attack the enemy's plans; next is to attack their alliances;
      -Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by anoush719
        Sometimes these turks are really hilarious and make you laugh

The things they come up with......
        Sure... Turks are hilarious. I think everybody "laughed" when we conquered the Balkans, Northern Africa, Caucasia, the arab peninsula and more. Everybody "laughed" when we introduced religious freedom in 1853 long before any nation in the World history. Everybody laughed when we used gunpowder long before any other nation knew anything about it. I assume everybody laughed in 1650 when turkish elite forced used wooden missiles in warfare long before the germans in WWII made their missiles.

The only one being hilarous and laughable in here are you - since you know so little of history and of the turks. All you know, is to hate us. I pitty you.

The Turk

Comment

Originally posted by TheTurk
          Sure... Turks are hilarious. I think everybody "laughed" when we conquered the Balkans, Northern Africa, Caucasia, the arab peninsula and more. Everybody "laughed" when we introduced religious freedom in 1853 long before any nation in the World history. Everybody laughed when we used gunpowder long before any other nation knew anything about it. I assume everybody laughed in 1650 when turkish elite forced used wooden missiles in warfare long before the germans in WWII made their missiles.

The only one being hilarous and laughable in here are you - since you know so little of history and of the turks. All you know, is to hate us. I pitty you.

The Turk
          Funny how every achievment of yours is about destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Brigade
            Funny how every achievment of yours is about destruction.

Great point.

Comment

Everybody "laughed" when we introduced religious freedom in 1853 long before any nation in the World history.
              Religious freedom. Why of course, converting countless churches into mosques is a great way to celebrate your Chirstian minorities. Do you know how many eye-witness testimonies exist of life-for-conversion offers, how many young Armenian maidens chose to commit suicide by jumping off clifs rather than be married to a Turk or a Kurd as sign of accepting Islam. How many priests were murdered for sermons emphasizing Armenian faith and freedom. Go ask a Greek, Assyrian, Bulgarian, and many others what they think about your nation's religious freedom.

Comment

The Turk
                i see, you are the experts in history and armenians know nothing about history and the turks. do you realize some of the earliest information the world has about turks comes from armenian historians?

tell us what you know about the history of armenians then. give us a brief survey of armenian history, from the ethnogenesis to the present.

Comment

Everybody "laughed" when we introduced religious freedom in 1853 long before any nation in the World history.
                  By the way Turks didn't introduced religious freedom in world history for the first time , simply because at 313 AD , Great Constantine of Rome anounced that freedom of religions is possible ,in his Empire.

Comment

The Turk
                    Have to add this too...

The Chinese were the first to use gunpowder. They used it for celebration though and that use eventually led to fireworks as we know them now. They did also first use them as weapons by making it with more nitrate and using them in metal barrels. They developed firearms and I think even cannons.

Their use spread to Europe.

Turks were among the first nations to use it. Perhaps because they had the "need" first, but they don't appear to have been the first to develop it or use it.

Yet you say we lack knowledge of history. How many of your statements need to shown to be false?
                    Maybe we should add a new reason to laugh at you... you're incredibly gullible. Don't believe everything you're told. Try to research things hmm? Oh, and not only in Turkish sources. Take a look at what the most reputable historians or even most historians say.
                    Last edited by Siggie; 07-05-2005, 03:13 PM.
                    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Re: Why Turkey will never be admitted into the European Union

France Abuses Armenian Issue to Prevent Turkey's EU Membership

By Jan Soykok, JTW

ANKARA - Turkish political scientists argue that France abuses the Armenian issue in order to prevent Turkey's EU membership. Sedat Laciner, Director of Ankara-based Turkish think tank USAK says that "the anti-Turkish circles in France are so strong and they abuses the Cyprus and Armenian issues to halt the Turks." Dr. Laciner further said:

"Christian fundamentalists, ultra-nationalist Armenians, and other anti-Turkish lobby have done anyting possible to prevent Turkey's EU bid. Turkey is now in memberhip negotiations with the EU. Turkey's economy and human rights records fulfill the EU criteria. As a matter of fact that there is no excuse to put the Turks in cold. That's why the anti-Turkish groups look for new excuses. France is not sincere in dealing with the Armenian issue. The Paris Government abuses the problems between the Turks and Armenians instead of helping them in solving the disputes. Both Armenia and Turkey need French help in reconciliation, yet the French politicians undermine the dialogue environment."

Similarly Dr. Halil Ibrahim Bahar argued that each country should focus on its own dark pages in the past. "The Algerian days are the darkest pages in French history" he told the JTW. Dr. Nilgun Gulcan labels the French Rule in Algeria 'genocide'. She said that "French rulers killed more than 1,5 million people in Algeria".

Link: http://www.turkishweekly.net/news.php?id=31431
                      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X