Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Pontiac trans am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get the summarized version of that post? I have a max, two small paragraph limit when it comes to reading forum posts.

Comment

AHAHa your hilarious Seapahn...And by the way...I love the movie...its just awesome.

And cause I'm in the car forum at the moment....I like to wave hiiiii to all the boys..... ....OOhh..and I'm going to be a good sport and say the car is cute...but dont listen to me...I dont know anything about cars.
      You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

You called the Pontiac TA "cute". You know that won't settle well with Mr. Glow over there. He may reply back with yet another page of posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
          Far from being ugly, I think that that era TA is one of the greatest automotive works of art to ever to have been created. Unlike most cars, there isn't a single god damn thing I'd change on it. Just my $1.8 million in put.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow

As to why they aren't being made anymore, I certainly hope you're not implying that it had anything to do with the looks.
            It probably wasn't just because of the looks but looks played a major part in my opinion

So why'd they stop make it while the Mustang goes on? Simple. For starters, the executives at GM are retards.
            They stop making cars because people stop buying them not because they are retarded. I say its quite the opposite. You would have to be retarded to keep producing a car that nobody buys

Also, the Mustang out sold the Camaro/TA for one simple reason: girls.
            Your joking right?? I bet there are 10x more Male mustang enthusiasts.
            (p.s. im not a mustang fan)

To understand why, one needs only sit in both types of cars. The F-bodies seat low to the ground, and in a slightly laid back position, much like a muscle/sports car should. While not completely up right, the Mustang seats (and has an over all stance) a hell of a lot more like a "normal" car (all be it a small one),
            Yes I agree the mustung is more like a normal car

It sure as hell wasn't for its performance, as that "competitor" didn't have a 300 hp V8 until the release of this new one, and their V6s far outsold their V8s.
            But the V8's still outsold the Pontiacs

I think its idiotic to argue over whether a car is ugly or not because people have different tastes. But common it was so bad that they stopped making it
            Last edited by Harut82; 11-01-2004, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NarEkoO
              F-Bodies are awsome.
              hahaha....you're xxxxtin me right?...haha...im with Glow on this one..

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
                It probably wasn't just because of the looks but looks played a major part in my opinion
                There's no need for opinions. If you'd do some research, you'd see never once was the subject of its looks brought up during all the discussions of its discontinuation, other then to comment how much the writers/magazines were going to miss its kick ass looks and demeanor. And since I highly doubt most people on this board know much about domestics, lets not go around forumlating opinions. I more then likely am the most knowledgeable about domestics on AC club (seeing as to how most members here live in south Cali, and have therefore been "yellow-washed". GO VAN DIESEL! ), so I know a thing or two about such subjects, as I'm part of MANY domestic car clubs, both on and off line.

They stop making cars because people stop buying them not because they are retarded. I say its quite the opposite. You would have to be retarded to keep producing a car that nobody buys.
                I'm not arguing that sales weren't down. I'm saying the styling had nothing to do with it. Remember, this "ugly" style sold VERY well for many years before its slow decline towards the end. Are you honestly telling me they got rid of this "ugly" TA only to introduce the.....GTO?? *shutters* That blows your whole ugly theory right there. Major corporations make boneheaded decisions all the time. Take for example the fact that American car companies have this ideal that hp and torque should be held back on their engines (F-bodies had identical motors to 'Vettes) so that you have to spring for their most expensive, cream of the crop vehicles in order to get the maximum stock performance. Meanwhile, imports try to offer as much as possible in ALL their models (save for the really cheap-o, econo boxes). Now...does this not strike you as a tad bit retarded on the American management's part? A couple of my cars are an odd ball Pontiac with AWD that 90% of mechanics today don't even know existed. Why? GM made a whopping 1,376 of them only in '89 (well...an entire 124 of them in '88, too) with this set-up. They spent a small fortune coming up with the drive-train, but did very little to push or promote them. I have every single magazine related article on them that I could find. When asked in those mags why the production number was so low, GM said "we're waiting to see what the public demand is for AWD". ????? How the f*ck is there going to be demand for a car if it has such low production numbers and lack of advertising that nobody even knows it's available??? And so, of course, it was discontinued the following year. BRILLIANT!

You see, I know domestic cars pretty well. I'm not calling myself an expert by any means, but when I make statements, I'm not going off personal opinion. I'm going off events in their history. I could list many such instances I'm aware of. Thus, when I say a lot of the decisions that these domestic corporate managements make is retarded, I'm going off more then blind personal opinion.

Your joking right?? I bet there are 10x more Male mustang enthusiasts.(p.s. im not a mustang fan)
                Did I say the female enthusiasts out weigh the males? Read carefully. I said the female market was the deciding factor in which one out-sold the other. The discrepancy between male Camaro/Firebird buyers and male Mustang buyers was never significantly big. It's the 16-30 year old female buyers that put the Mustang over the top. I'm not stating opinions, I read lots about such things when the end of the F-body was approaching, and there was much talk about the whys.

Yes I agree the mustung is more like a normal car
                Thus, it has no business being in the muscle car category. I mean, they came in your choice of a 5.0 V8, or ....a freaking FOUR banger back in the fox body days for christ's sakes (mid '80s to early '90s). There was also the issue of the mysteriously missing 20 hp on the '99 Cobra. And I still can't get over the fact that they're bragging about finally hitting the 300 hp marker for the GTs this year. The only good 'Stangs are the old Boss and Shelbys. Mmmmmm.....'67 Shelby GT 500.......

I think its idiotic to argue over whether a car is ugly or not because people have different tastes. But common it was so bad that they stopped making it
                True, arguing over whether a car is aesthetically pleasing, or not, may be a bit trivial. But I'm only taken aback because I've never heard a derogatory comment about the F-bodies, not even from the most import loving, domestic hating ricers who would have every motive to say they thought it was ugly, even if they actually liked it. As for your second sentence there, no offense, but if you honestly believe the looks of the F-body had anything to do with its demise, you have no business discussing cars. Whether you personally liked the over all styling, or not, to believe that was an underlying reason is beyond retarded. I've listed a hand full of the actually reasons why sales declined, and others still apply (i.e. the issue that they were asking for way more money then their targeted consumer age group could afford, and it ended up being middle aged, mid-life crisis men that bought most of them), but no true car enthusiast with a shred of knowledge would honestly make such a comment as "they stopped making the Firebird because it was ugly". Sure, guy. It took them over 4 decades to figure this out? Wow, they must have been competing with the Turks to see how long they can keep up denial. Guess the Turks won.

Comment

Originally posted by NarEkoO
                  hahaha....you're xxxxtin me right?...haha...im with Glow on this one..
                  So why'd you get a C class if the F bodies were so great?

Comment

You see, I know domestic cars pretty well. I'm not calling myself an expert by any means, but when I make statements, I'm not going off personal opinion. I'm going off events in their history. I could list many such instances I'm aware of. Thus, when I say a lot of the decisions that these domestic corporate managements make is retarded, I'm going off more then blind personal opinion.
                    I'm not questioning your konwledge of domestic cars.

Did I say the female enthusiasts out weigh the males? Read carefully. I said the female market was the deciding factor in which one out-sold the other. The discrepancy between male Camaro/Firebird buyers and male Mustang buyers was never significantly big.
                    I know exactly what your saying, but your wrong

I'll comment about the rest when I get more time.

Just out of curiocity What do you drive?

Comment

So why'd you get a C class if the F bodies were so great?
                      German/European engineering>American engineering>other engineering

Comment

Working...
                      X