Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Share your photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a SAAB?

Comment

mercades E class turbo desiel??

Comment

1995 Chrysler Lebaron??

Comment

*buzz buzz buzz buzz*

Ohhhhhh, I'm sorry. You've all over bid. Start again, with the highest bid being below 1994.

J/K

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE McLaren Turbo

Only 1,000 produced, and only in '90 in the STE trim. The only thing that sets it apart from regular STEs on the outside are the massive hood lovers, and the badge that says TURBO, of course.

This one's not mine, but I had no shots of the back. This one's sporting the '94-'96 5-spoke wheels I want for mine. They look MUCH much MUCH much better!

3 out of my 4 cars came off eBay, and this is one of them. I paid $600 to have it shipped to me from VA to IL. It went pretty damn cheap (very few people are aware of the 4-door version, thus, don't look for them), and I figured.....what the hell. I'm due for a turbo charged car.

I JUST got the repaired crossover pipe for it and Taylor 8mm wires (the wires will be going on my 2-door Turbo Grand Prix). Bought it for a steal off a member on the TGP club who was parting out his car. I'm excited, because that pipe is the cause for some serious drivibility problems, as well as SEVERELY handicapping acceleration. I've already replaced the throttle position sensor, the ignition coils, ignition control module, spark plugs w/Delco Rapidfires #8 (the old school, non-platinum kind; platinum is a no-no on forced induction cars), and got rid of the god aweful, restrictive air intake, replacing it with just a K&N directly on the turbo. I know this isn't the best set up due to the hot air it's sucking in, but it beats the hell out of the OEM designed system. In the next couple of weeks, I'm pulling the intake plenum off to: Remove the injectors (getting them cleaned/balanced/flow tested), replace the fuel pressure regulator, and clean the throttle. If I have time, I'd also like to polish the plenum and valve covers. I need a BOV on there, too. I'm also replacing the oil return line, putting in a 160° thermostat, getting rid of that junk Bosche O2 sensor for a Delco one, putting on the MSD Helicore 8mm wires, and installing the Jeff M Top Gun 160 chip. I have yet to order an underdrive pulley from Fast Forward Performance, KYB GR2 struts all the way around, and I'm adding HUD (heads up display) which was standard only on the 2-doors in '89/'90. This is going to be a pain staking, pain in the ass procedure of matching up wires (speedo for speedo, turn signal for turn signal etc) from the HUD itself, to the gauge cluster, than splicing them together. But it will be well worth it when I'm done. I've always wanted a car with HUD, and god damn it, I'm going to make it happen. But yeah.....so that's a start with what this car is in for, and what it's all about.
          Last edited by Crimson Glow; 11-18-2004, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Looks like something my grandpa would drive

How fast is it? got any 1/4 mile times?

Comment

I've posted it before, but here is a picture of my car

Last edited by Harut82; 11-18-2004, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I'm curious since I'm not really in this tuning trend: How do people know when do the front and back bumbers touch the ground? I mean, those cars look beautiful but if there's a tiny rock, here goes your bumbers...

Once in the city, I saw a car like this parked near the pavements with a wheel on it. The driver got inside and as soon as the wheel got of the pavement, all the bottom of his front bumber scratched the road....aïe
                No one is scared of that?

Comment

My car isn't as that bad. It looks very low in the picture because of the angle of the driveway.

Originally posted by !EEK
                  I'm curious since I'm not really in this tuning trend: How do people know when do the front and back bumbers touch the ground?
                  When it was new I was very carefull when going up driveways, but I have 60,000 on the car and I can tell wether its going to rub or not. If the driveway is steep I go up at an angle and I't doesnt rub

Comment

My car's on coilovers so I can raise and lower the height as I see fit. But generally you get the sense of what types of inclines and declines your car's front bumper can clear. Also you pass through areas like that by driving at an angle.

Some cheap bumpers (fiberglass) will break apart from constant scratching but polyurethane usually handles it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
                      My car isn't as that bad. It looks very low in the picture because of the angle of the driveway.

When it was new I was very carefull when going up driveways, but I have 60,000 on the car and I can tell wether its going to rub or not. If the driveway is steep I go up at an angle and I't doesnt rub
                      whats 60.000 on the car? Money?

Comment

Working...
                      X