Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Share your photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

wonder where you found that picture I know the thread sais share your photos but this is the car forum

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
        wonder where you found that picture I know the thread sais share your photos but this is the car forum
        Oh then I assume you clearly see a link bewteen this image and shyness hhuh ?

no one messes with my threads!

Comment

Well if you must know the guy in the picture is also very shy

Comment

ahem. Are we posting photos of cars and discussing them or not?
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by gevo
              I love y truck, turnedout better than i expected.. only thing i constantly complain about is the lame 15 mpg i get (ok, i admit it may be because of my driving, but its all time 4 wheel!!)
              Maybe it's because of the hitch ball you're dragging on the ground

A few weeks ago I was offroading with a group in Indiana and there was a guy that came with his lifted yallow Dakota (V8). At some point going up a loose hill he lost traction and got a bit too aggressive with the gas ... well the driver side rear suddently caught traction and sent the back of the truck flying sidways into the hill. It was pretty fun to watch!

... but not so fun after he saw this ... later that day he broke all the blades on his fan when he was going through a mud pit and a few other small dings and scartches here and there so he had a fun day I'm sure.
              Last edited by Sip; 11-19-2004, 12:11 PM.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Seapahn
                Maybe it's because of the hitch ball you're dragging on the ground

A few weeks ago I was offroading with a group in Indiana and there was a guy that came with his lifted yallow Dakota (V8). At some point going up a loose hill he lost traction and got a bit too aggressive with the gas ... well the driver side rear suddently caught traction and sent the back of the truck flying sidways into the hill. It was pretty fun to watch!

... but not so fun after he saw this ... later that day he broke all the blades on his fan when he was going through a mud pit and a few other small dings and scartches here and there so he had a fun day I'm sure.
                dang.. looks expensive... lol..

How did he get his blades messed up? how low did he go in the mud/water? I think your engine will shut out before your blades get messed up, im not sure how that can happen (unless you have a snorkel) do you know how stuff got in the fan blade area? sounds weird.. but then again.. anythign can happen.. lol..
                How do you hurt a masochist?
                -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Looks like something my grandpa would drive

I've posted it before, but here is a picture of my car
                  Looks like something my girlfriend would drive

But seriously.....maybe the 2-door version is more to your taste.....

These are prime examples of well maintained, extremely low mileaged TGPs. These are the kinds where the owners won't touch them due to collectibility issues. Mine is going to need full restoration to look that good, but by god, it will!!

How fast is it? got any 1/4 mile times?
                  Stock times are not that impressive. After all, we're talking about 15 year old technolodgy in a 3,500 lb car. The odd part is, the best a magazine could pull off was 15.3, yet here we are, 15 years and over 100K miles later, and one 4-door pulled of a 15.0 stock, and another pulled a 14.96 (which obviously means they could have done even better than that, new), proving once again that magazine times mean nothing. Just a general ballpark figure. But the majority, due to age and mostly moronic previous owners, run mid 15's.

Anyway, it takes one Jeff M Top Gun 160 chip to get the car consistently into the high to mid 14's (some even better, depending on over-all condition of the car). Typicaly, a chip alone doesn't make that big of an impact, but it is a unique situation with this car. GM literally gave McLaren 2 weeks to program a chip on the totally new turbo set-up that McLaren designed for this car, which is ridiculous by anyone's standards. There are too many variables to test in order to spit out a perfectly functioning chip in that kind of time frame. So, due to the little testing and wanting to be on the safe side, the result is some driveability issues, and the power REALLY on the conservative side and WAY down from what they could have run (to make sure the turbo didn't blow any motors or trannys). It's really too bad, because this car had so much potential from the factory. There is a magazine article for a prototype they test drove which had 305 hp, and a flat 14 second 1/4 mile (bigger injectors and turbo), which they obviously watered down for the production model. Enter the Jeff M chip, which takes the boost from 7.5 to 11 psi, & starts that boost earlier, while keeping the peak hp and torque longer. Result? Usually a good, full second knocked off the 1/4 mile time, and many drivability issues worked out.

Add a better exhaust & intake, and an FFP underdrive pully, and you're in the mid to low 14's. That is about the extent of modding that 90% of the owners have done (remember, very very few were built to begin with, and not many left. Out of those that are left, not many owners realize what they're driving, and out of those that know, not too many want to mod them. Out of those that mod, not all of them are on the net/part of the club). One kid did a 3100 top end swap on his TSTE (which is the newer, updated 3.1), and that and the chip alone got his car to 13.9. Not too bad for a 3,500 lb car still running on stock, 15 year old injectors, sensors, fuel pump, etc. So far, the fastest time is 13.5, but this is out of like 15 total cars that we have records for. The major thing crippling these cars from being much faster, is McLaren's choice of going with a Garrett T-25 for the turbo. Way, WAY too small of a turbo for this sized engine. McLaren said they wanted to "eliminate turbo lag", but come on, man. A T-25??? And the flange from the crossover pipe to the turbo is unlike anything I've ever seen, so a bigger turbo will NOT be a simple bolt on. Some fabrication of the pipe will be necessary. But it might become easy very shortly......

...Our hopes rest on Jeff M, who designs the chips, and a much better quality crossover pipe (if you recall in my first post, I said these pipes are a major issue as they ALL break due to cheap flex joint bellow materials) for these cars, and supposedly has a package deal coming soon with a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, and chip to run everything. He's also going to be putting out better flowing heads and crank (the crank's another weak spot, as they put the n/a one in there stock, instead of something better matched for a turbo). We're excited. The guy isn't some newbie kid. He's around 50 and ownes J & M auto studios. He's got an 11 second Syclone, and 2 TGPs (2-door Turbo Grand Prix), and one TSTE (4-door Turbo Grand Prix STE) among many other cars. In his signature on the club, the TSTE says 350 hp and his TGP says.....450 hp

I don't know how nutty I want to get with my turbos, yet. If I can concretely hit mid 13's, I'll be happy. Of course, I'm sure I say that now, but will only enjoy it for a short while, than quickly get bored and want more. We shall see.

Comment

ah what the hell....here are some pics of my dad's Audi TT quattro roadster....some mod's..dont remmeber what stage Turbo, but it's got new exhaust, suspension, cross drilled breaks and some other things..

>> http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/album381

Comment

Upgrading the turbocharger is tricky business. My 99 eclipse also came with the T-25 turbo. In my hunger to get more power out of the 2.0L DOHC motor, I upgraded the turbocharger with an XS Engineering 16gKiller Kit with a full ballbearing turbocharger. (Ballbearing = less turbo lag in comparison to sleeve chargers). The old T-25 was spooling up around 2500-2700 rpm. The XS spools up around 3k. The factory eclipse is rated 205hp to the flywheel and about 167-170 to the wheels. With a stock motor, front mount intercooler intake/exhaust (the catalytic converter still ON the car), a boost controller, and Apexi SAFC to control the air/fuel ratio, it put down 212hp to the wheels at 1bar = 14.7psi. Then we added some larger blitz injectors and tweeked the curve, at 1.2bar it put out 232. Adjusted the boost to 1.5bars = close to 22psi. It put down 264hp to the wheels. This was on factory cat, automatic tranny, and 18" wheels. Remove those 3 obstacles, and it would easily push around 310 to the wheels, not bad for a dinky 2.0L.

Later on, I had to get a new radiator and better fans to handle the extra heat generated by the larger turbocharger. Now I have a cracked rear engine mount. Unless I get a Evo8MR or a TwinT Supra for my next car, I'm not messin around with aftermarket parts anymore.
                      Last edited by GSTracer05; 11-20-2004, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X