Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Share your photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
    :

But seriously.....maybe the 2-door version is more to your taste.....

Umm.. Sorry It's still the same car with 2 less doors.

As far as the 1/4 mile times they are not impressive at all. Mid 15's for a turbochaged car?

Comment

Originally posted by NarEkoO
      ah what the hell....here are some pics of my dad's Audi TT quattro roadster....some mod's..dont remmeber what stage Turbo, but it's got new exhaust, suspension, cross drilled breaks and some other things..

>> http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/album381

nice pictures .

Comment

GSTracer05: You only need 1 bar for 14.7? Interesting. All forced induction GMs come with 2 bars. Yeah, that's the problem when you start getting into this. When you modify one thing, you have to make sure EVERYthing else can accomodate those mods. Too big of a turbo without big enough injectors/programmed to dump more fuel = lean out/melted pistons etc. Thus why I said I'm not sure how nuts I want to get with this stuff, yet. Right now, I'm just watching and learning from what other TGP owners are doing. I'll take what they've done, learn from their mistakes, and use the positives.

Harut82: Do you actually read everything I write before you respond? Yes, as I told you, the stock times are not impressive. But, I write out this long explaination as to why, and all you can respond with is mid 15s isn't impressive for a turboed car? For starters, read what I wrote. Secondly, be fair to the era (~'89/'90):

Saab 900 Turbo: ~16.8
        Mitsu Eclipse GS Turbo: ~15.8
        Nissan 300ZX Turbo: ~15.7
        Porsche 928S 4: ~14.5
        Pontiac Turbo GP: ~15.3

Not bad considering it was a 3,500 passenger vehicle, not a hardcore sports car. Hmmm.....one chip, and we're keeping up with a Porsche 928S. And quicker than the beloved 300ZX stock!

As for your comments on the looks, I'll give you the 4-door, it wasn't much of a looker. It was meant to be a touring sedan (STE = Special Touring Edition). But the 2-door?? Ahhh, just forget it. After seeing your car, I can see what the problem is, and I'd rather not get into the bias of your perspective.

Well...at the very least...I get to say I own 2 McLarens. Oh, and this "old man's car" was the official pace car of the Feb. 19, 1989 Daytona 500 (you can actually see it in Days of Thunder!)

Gevo: Nice truck, man! I think I mentioned this once before to you, but my sister was actually looking into getting one of those for her first vehicle. That was a few years back, and they were out of her price range, so she went with something else. But she'd still like to get an R/T 5.9 one of these days. She loves the way those trucks look, and I'd have to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
          nice pictures .
          thanks, by next weeek hopefully i'll have some witht he Nikon

Comment

Harut82: But, I write out this long explaination as to why,
            That was the problem it was long. why would you need a long essay to defend your car. Numbers speak for themselves. I honestly dont know what your talking about. Care to say it more clearly in fewer words?

As for your comments on the looks, I'll give you the 4-door, it wasn't much of a looker. It was meant to be a touring sedan (STE = Special Touring Edition). But the 2-door?? Ahhh, just forget it. After seeing your car, I can see what the problem is, and I'd rather not get into the bias of your perspective.
            Everyone has their opionion on looks so I'm not going to argue, I'm just giving my honest opinion, I'm not trying to convince you that its ugly.

Comment

my babies

coule of homies rides

just to keep this thread going

Comment

nice clan!........nice bikes....and at least you have 2 cars that worth it

Comment

Ya good stuff, like the bikes a lot.

Comment

GSTracer05: You only need 1 bar for 14.7? Interesting. All forced induction GMs come with 2 bars..
                    Maybe we just misunderstood each other. By 1 bar I mean 1.0 kg/cm2 boost pressure. This equals approx 14.7 PSI pounds of boost. 2.0kg/cm2 = approx 30psi which is not possible on a GM street car. Most factory cars boost between 9PSI to 14PSI. I believe the new EVOs and STIs may be boosting more. (16PSI or so).

Comment

my TT

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X