Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Jews Arm African blacks To Fight France in Ivory Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jews Arm African blacks To Fight France in Ivory Coast

Analysis: Israel hand seen in Ivorian clash
    By Martin Sieff
    UPI Senior News Analyst
    Published November 17, 2004

WASHINGTON -- New allegations that Israeli arms dealers helped the army of Ivory Coast attack a French military base look likely to reignite long-tense relations between Israel and France.

"Israeli mercenaries assisting the Ivory Coast army operated unmanned aircraft that aided the aerial bombing of a French base in the country on Nov.9," France's TF-1 television station reported Wednesday.

Also Wednesday, the respected Paris newspaper Le Monde reported that a group of 46 Israeli advisers were running an electronic-surveillance center for the Ivory Coast army, which has turned on French peacekeepers invited in by the government two years ago.

Israel Radio cited an Israeli defense source as denying the reports. The attacks on French bases cost the lives of at least nine French soldiers.

"Israel is unaware of such a thing," the Jerusalem Post quoted the Israeli Foreign Ministry saying.

Earlier, French troops at Abidjan airport in Ivory Coast, now Cote D'Ivoire, seized an Israeli-built drone, or unmanned-surveillance aircraft. In September, France called on Israel to clarify its role in Ivory Coast.

On Nov. 9, the Israeli Defense Ministry's Director General Amos Yaron promised to stop supplying military equipment to the army in the poor West African nation.

"The decision was made in the light of recent developments in this country and at the request of the French government," a Defense Ministry statement said. "It will remain in effect until the situation in that country becomes clear."

The allegations are political dynamite for many reasons. France was so incensed by the deadly Nov.9 air attack on its troops it responded with overwhelming force, wiping out the entire Ivory Coast air force. In retaliation, enraged mobs attacked French troops and citizens in the former French colony and France evacuated more than 5,000 Westerners in the country.

The U.N. Security Council Monday approved an arms embargo on Ivory Coast, a move that was a blow to President Laurent Gbagbo, who had pledged to rebuild the air force. On Wednesday, the African Union called for an urgent meeting of its Peace and Security Council to prevent Ivory Coast from collapsing into full-scale civil war like its West African neighbors, Liberia and Sierra Leone. The AU issued a statement that called for "the early convening" of the PSC "to review developments in Ivory Coast and agree on steps to be taken to contribute tot eh restoration of lasting peace and security."

France has significant economic interests in Ivory Coast as well long-time ties to the country, but in recent months its 2002 intervention there has become a hot potato and President Jacques Chirac might well want to divert popular attention from the casualties that French troops have suffered.

Israel makes some of the most advanced unmanned drone surveillance aircraft in the world and has been a significant arms exporter to sub-Saharan Africa for more than 35 years. But the Israelis are not eager to infuriate the French government or rally the French public around Chirac who has often clashed with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon on many issues. France is one of the most powerful nations in the 25-country European Union. It also has the largest Jewish community in Europe and one that has been targeted by Islamist extremists from the country's Algerian-Muslim community. The last thing French Jews would want is for Israel, and by implication them, to be scapegoats for mainstream French nationalists because of the deaths of French troops in Ivory Coast.

Tensions between Israel and France are based on serious policy differences between the governments but there is much more personal animus to them than between Israel and most other members of the EU. A few years ago at a large dinner, France's ambassador to Britain was reported as having described Israel as "a xxxxty little country." More recently, Sharon enraged the French government and many Frenchmen by calling on French Jews to immigrate to Israel for their own safety. Few took his advice.

The tensions are particularly ironic as no nation did more to help Israel during the first and most dangerous 20 years of its struggle for existence than France. Under both the Fourth and Fifth Republics, Israel received more important weapons for its army and air force from France than from any other country. Israel won the 1967 Six Day War with then state-of-the-art Mirage fighter-bombers supplied by France when neither the United States nor any other European nation would or could supply comparable weapons.

Ivory Coast is the largest cocoa exporting nation in the world and its resources have long made it a magnet for Westerners eager to do business. But Israel is now finding out, as France already has, that the messy complications involved may not be worth it.

Once again Jews and blacks unite! Just like in the sixties. I wonder what those Black Panther dudes REALLY thought of those Yippies that got involved. What can I say, people just don't learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkator
      http://www.wpherald.com/Africa/story...7-021251-9832r

Earlier, French troops at Abidjan airport in Ivory Coast, now Cote D'Ivoire, .

It was always called Cote d'Ivoire in French...and basically it's "Ivory coast" in English.... is wpherald ignorant?

Comment

If Hitler was visiting this thread, he would surely PM Valkator.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Don't you just love crusaders? Since when is Le Monde a respected newspaper, by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
            Le Monde a respected newspaper, by the way?

It is one of the most neutral newspaper of europe and it's thus more respected than lousy politicaly motivated newspapers

Comment

I'm not going to claim I have a great deal of knowledge regarding what they print, but I do recall the editor-in-chief castigating the US media for not doing more to help Kerry get elected. If that is what passes for neutrality in France, I'd hate to see the biased papers.

Comment

I'm not going to claim I have a great deal of knowledge regarding what they print, but I do recall the editor-in-chief castigating the US media for not doing more to help Kerry get elected. If that is what passes for neutrality in France, I'd hate to see the biased papers.

Maybe he said that but I really doubt it it figured on the newspaper. For instance, this kind of things are only heard in the US. It's the same here, we hear stuff you have no idea...altough we don't know if they r true

Comment

During times of despair, have no more, for Hitler loves you!
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

and my response to Rabbi Hitler's PM would be:

'Your material, racial characteristics cannot save you from physical entropy and spiritual death, nor are you special in your Fallen condition. Are you Jewish, sir?'

Comment

Working...
                    X