Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

France wants Turkey to acknowledge Armenia genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France wants Turkey to acknowledge Armenia genocide

France wants Turkey to acknowledge Armenia genocide
    AFP:x12/13/2004

BRUSSELS, Dec 13 (AFP) - France wants Turkey to acknowledge the World War I massacre of Armenians during negotiations on its membership of the European Union, Foreign Minister Michel Barnier said Monday.

"It is a request that France will make, to recognize the tragedy from the start of the century .... Turkey must carry out this task as a memorial," he told reporters after talks with his EU counterparts in Brussels.

France's Armenian community has vowed to press President Jacques Chirac to prevent negotiations on Turkish membership of the European Union until Turkey acknowledged responsibility for the massacre.

EU leaders are expected to give Turkey a conditional green light at a summit this week to start membership talks with the bloc, while setting a series of strict conditions and warning the whole process could take at least a decade.

The Armenian massacre has been a bone of contention for nearly nine decades, with Turkey consistently refusing to acknowledge that genocide in 1915-1917, when up to 1.5 million Armenians died.

Turkey says that between 250,000 and 500,000 Armenians and thousands of Turks were killed in civil strife during World War I, when the Armenians rose up against their Ottoman rulers.

The French parliament passed legislation in 2001 stating that genocide had occurred, thereby causing hard feelings in relations with Turkey.

12/13/2004 16:25 GMT - AFP

I just heard that at the news too....

THe reply of the Turkish Prime minister was something like "We should leave this to the historians, the armenian concern is not anymore a present issue"....

Tomorrow I'll post the link of the news video

Comment

I think this is great for us. France is a big part of the EU, so this is a pretty big road block in Turkey's way. I am happy about this
      "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

once more, how will this benifit us? Armenia is still going to be in economic trouble and Armenians are still going to leave the country. This is more useless stuff, the entire Armenian Genocide in itself will not help us...this is just good material to stop Turkey's entry into the EU, however I see no way Armenia or Armenians benifiting.

Comment

That's great... I wish Bush at least had half of Chirac's balls! LOL

Comment

so going against the UN's decision and attacking Iraq means having no balls?

France? France can not even go to war in neighboring countries...they are weak militarily and their country is FULL of immigrants that just feed off of the social system...screw france...

Comment

Originally posted by Hayq
              France? France can not even go to war in neighboring countries...they are weak militarily
              Are you on crack? France can level Turkey and virtually any other country in the world in a day.

France is the THIRD top nuclear armed nation the world.
              1.United States
              2.Russia
              3.France
              4.China
              5.United Kingdom

Their special forces are the best in Europe as well.

and their country is FULL of immigrants that just feed off of the social system...screw france...
              True. These muds will be the downall of Western civilization in Europe unless something is done about this infestation asap.

Comment

Voila, go there:http://videojts.france2.fr/

Click on "Voir la video " of "Journal de 20 heures"

And the stuff about Turkia and armo genocide is at the 17.15th minute exactly

Date: 13/12/04

Comment

Originally posted by CatWoman
                  That's great... I wish Bush at least had half of Chirac's balls! LOL
                  Hahahah, actually Chirac is not an advocate of blocking Turkey's EU entry without genocide recognition, and also did not want to sign the 2001 Genocide bill either but basically had to. Sounds a lot more Bushy than ballsy!

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranes
                    True. These muds will be the downall of Western civilization in Europe unless something is done about this infestation asap.
                    And these Armenians from Little Armenia that try to emulate blacks or Hispanic thugs and make stupid images of Grand Theft Auto are like a pimple that is way overdue to be popped.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                    X