Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

NO MORE Nazi, Jew, Zionist, etc, talk

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO MORE Nazi, Jew, Zionist, etc, talk

We've asked a number of times already for this discussion to either be civil or to stop. Since, no one is able to be civil and it has not stopped...
    I'm going to ask only one final time. Please stop it.
    The moderators and Administrators will discuss this and let you know what we decide asap. In the meantime, please stop posting on this topic. This means all of you... Wino, Anon, Pamooshjian, Anoush, etc.
    Please be patient because we all have different schedules and we will try our best to make a decision regarding how to proceed on this topic in as expedient manner as we're able to.

We strive to make this a forum where Armenians can feel welcome to interact with one another. This fighting has produced an environment in which this isn't possible.

I must ask that at this time discussions on this matter stop. Anyone posting regarding this topic or this request will be suspended for 7 days. I hope that it does not come to this. We are all mature adults and should be able to conduct ourselves accordingly.

note - Any threads that are no longer visible have been removed temporarily from the main forum while we decide how to proceed on this matter.

Please use a private message to communicate any questions or comments.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Okay, discussions of the xxxish involvement in the Genocide are not allowed. Many of the posts and texts that have been posted have been regarded by many members as anti-sematic and hateful.
    As our forum rules indicate, the posting of hateful material is not allowed.

This is creating a very unfriendly environment here and seeing as discussion or debate of this topic doesn't seem to be possible without it progressing into arguments, we simply won't discuss it here at this forum.

This decision is firm and is not up for discussion either. We have received all of the private messages, heard the opinions of both sides, and considered both.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Satenig
      MODERATORS, please wake up.
      You know what, I have spent 50% of my day, when not working, looking at this website and trying to clean up the utter and complete senseless, mindless, unintelligent crap all of you keep spouting to each other left and right. EXCUSE ME for turning away from the computer and actually doing work for a minute. Being a moderator here is not a paid job you know, it is a volunteer position and it takes a lot for me not to just come in and close every single thread such brilliant minds manage to turn into a 2 year olds bickering playground within minutes. GROW UP. PLEASE. I am sick of all the reported posts in my inbox, I sick of deleting every other word in a post or every other post or every other thread. STOP IT ALREADY or else I'll just ban everyone and pray for maybe a more grown up and civil group of people to join.

You know, I always thought Armenians were better than everyone else. I had such a high opinion of myself and most other Armenians and usually put us 'above all that' when it comes to almost everything that human beings are flawed at. This forum has really taught me a thing or three about not expecting too much from people, even Armenians.
      Last edited by ckBejug; 08-05-2005, 09:14 AM.
      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
        You know what, I have spent 50% of my day, when not working, looking at this website and trying to clean up the utter and complete senseless, mindless, unintelligent crap all of you keep spouting to each other left and right. EXCUSE ME for turning away from the computer and actually doing work for a minute. Being a moderator here is not a paid job you know, it is a volunteer position and it takes a lot for me not to just come in and close every single thread such brilliant minds manage to turn into a 2 year olds bickering playground within minutes. GROW UP. PLEASE. I am sick of all the reported posts in my inbox, I sick of deleting every other word in a post or every other post or every other thread. STOP IT ALREADY or else I'll just ban everyone and pray for maybe a more grown up and civil group of people to join.

As for your complaint, I really think if you found it so vile and offensive, you wouldn't have rewritten it yourself, since it would be too disgusting.

You know, I always thought Armenians were better than everyone else. I had such a high opinion of myself and most other Armenians and usually put us 'above all that' when it comes to almost everything that human beings are flawed at. This forum has really taught me a thing or three about not expecting too much from people, even Armenians.
        I read the insults against another poster that you just deleted. This guy is out of control. If he has problems with alcohol, he should take it elsewhere. He is on a non-stop rampage. Why is he not banned? He needs a permanent vacation. Let him get help for his drinking problem.

If a poster finds something offensive are they not supposed to say anything?
        I dare ask, "If the enemy is numerous, disciplined, and about to advance, how should we respond to them? I would say, first seize something they love for then they will listen to you...attack what they love first."
        -Sun Tzu

Comment

Since adult conversation minus insults is apparently WAY TOO HARD to comprehend around here, I am going to close yet another thread. For the time being DO NOT START ANY THREAD or post any kind of excerpts/definitions/quotes/stories from other sources that say ANYTHING in regards to the Jews, Jewish Holocaust, Antisemitism, Nazi's, Germans, Jews and the Armenian Genocide, etc. NOTHING. Ok? Sorry if that gives you NOTHING ELSE to talk about, but for now you all can just sign off and go have ice cream or something and get over it while I try to figure out what we can do to stop this whole thing from happening again.

Because this topic is TOO DIFFICULT to discuss, now it's not going to be discussed AT ALL.
          Last edited by ckBejug; 08-04-2005, 04:25 PM.
          The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

FROM NOW ON IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO START ANY KIND OF CONVERSATION OR ARGUMENT REGARDING THESE TOPICS, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:

GET OUT OF THIS FORUM AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND GO CREATE A BLOG OR YOUR OWN PERSONAL DISCUSSION SPACE WHERE YOU CAN ARGUE AND ARGUE AND ARGUE AND COMPLAIN AND GET MAD AT EACH OTHER AND WATSE YOUR TIME POSTING THINGS OTHER PEOPLE HAVE WRITTEN AS A FORM OF ARGUMENT BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FORM INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION ALL BY YOURSELF. DO NOT WASTE MY TIME AND THAT OF OTHER MODERATORS AND ADMIN BY POSTING THINGS THAT I WILL DEFINITELY DELETE AS SOON AS I SEE YOU HAVE POSTED THEM AND BAN YOU FOREVER FOR DOING IT.

THANK YOU!
            Last edited by ckBejug; 08-05-2005, 09:38 AM.

Comment

What about Turks? You didn't say anything about Turks. Are turks allowed to be discussed? If yes, then I'm sure there's not gonna be too many nice things said about them and we will look like a bunch of hateful racists. You know how Turks get offended when Armenians accuse them of a genocide and you know that most turks are decent people like everyone else and we shouldn't hate them all just because of a few bad apples. So in all fairness, there shouldn't be any talk about Turks either.
              "that was the renegade Hebrew (donmeh) of Salonika, Talaat, the principal organizer of the massacres and deportations," Rafael De Nogales. Four Years Beneath the Crescent. 1926. p.27

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderella
                What about Turks? You didn't say anything about Turks. Are turks allowed to be discussed? If yes, then I'm sure there's not gonna be too many nice things said about them and we will look like a bunch of hateful racists. You know how Turks get offended when Armenians accuse them of a genocide and you know that most turks are decent people like everyone else and we shouldn't hate them all just because of a few bad apples. So in all fairness, there shouldn't be any talk about Turks either.
                If you think that people around here are too immature to discuss that topic, or any topic, then I suggest you refrain from talking about it. Any Turks that have come in here with hateful comments have already been banned and will continue to be banned. Contrary to popular belief, we have had Turks come in here and have conversations without being hateful. If and when negatively inclined Turkish comments do appear, keep your cool and take the higher road by not resorting to their level. Do not lower yourself to the level of anyone in here who decides to use insults and play dirty rather than be a smart, mature adult and not a lowlife who thinks insults are the way to gain respect.

Comment

Am I to take it that you are banning all discussion regarding the Armenian Genocide on this forum? I think you need to be a bit more clear here. edit - actually upon re-read i think this was just a misread of the catagories mentioned on my part - sorry...

I would also like to add that certain individuals posting in this forum under new logons have in fact already been banned and have continued to start posts and such exactly along the lines that you mention.
                  Last edited by winoman; 08-05-2005, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I agree with the moderators.Enough is enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X