Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

One armenians view on interracial marriages:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stark Evade
    Better yet: here.
    We are using definition 1.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
      We are using definition 1.
      And you're also saying people should not use the others. If an Armenian marries a Swede it can be considered an interracial marriage and it would be incorrect to say it is a misuse.

Comment

[QUOTE=Stark EvadeIf an Armenian marries a Swede it can be considered an interracial marriage and it would be incorrect to say it is a misuse.[/QUOTE]

Some might say that it is a misuse of a Swede.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

All I meant was that it is extreamly hard to convince an armenian to marry a non armenian even if they themselves want too. They are always so worried about what their family will think and continueing their traditions amongst many other things.

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
            All I meant was that it is extreamly hard to convince an armenian to marry a non armenian even if they themselves want too. They are always so worried about what their family will think and continueing their traditions amongst many other things.
            Not all Armenians are like this though. Many happily marry Otars and never look back.

My uncle is married to a Russian woman (my God Mother), and my bf's mother is French. Both of these women are sweeter than their Armenian husbands and fit into their families very well, which leads me to conclude: why put so much focus on such details as long as they are similar enough to have a successful family? Let them be happy with the one they chose.

There is the question of genetics, and I can understand the desire to keep the Armenian genes unmixed any more than they already have been. At the same time, I have to say, a halfie can be just as Armenian as a "pureblood" and a "pureblood" can be just as antiArmenian as a Turk (yes, I wouldnt have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes). So really... its all in the way the couple raises their children - not in the genes.

Those of you who have read my posts on this before may be surprised, but if you read carefully you will see that I still feel the same way personally. Ive just become more open minded about the issue. I have not strayed.

Rachel, Im sorry you got so unlucky in this aspect. There are Armenians who are more open to marrying Otars. If you really want to marry an Armenian, its very possible. If its only your bf you want, and he cant marry you because youre not Armenian living in Canada in the year 2005... I really hope you find someone else and forget this one. Its very sad...

Comment

I tried, Armobarbie. I have sacraficed alot for him but it was never enough. Last month I was in Edmonton AB visitng my mother who has cancer and was recieveing treatments at the time. While down there, Levon cheated on me. He used the excuse that he was drunk and that he felt so bad about doing it afterwards. After much much debation I chose to stay with him, but hehe.............he wasnt sure if that was what he wanted anymore. I couldent believe it. After everything I have done for him, he hurt me and then decided that maybe he didnt want to be with me anymore. We were friends for a while, but I informed him today that I do have a new boyfriend. He didnt want me as his girlfriend anymore but he didnt want me to be with anyone else so he wasnt happy. I didnt want to tell him but he told me that he would want to know and now he is being cold towards me. He openly admits that he is jelouse but if I was ever as important to him as he claimed he would never hurt me and I not let me go. It was an ongoing battle with him. I loved him enough to endure through whatever bad time he was going through and stood by his side even though he did bad things to me. I wont say that he isnt a good guy, he is a great person, just lost somehow. I do love him still and will always hold him warmly in my heart...

I do know that some armenians marry an otar. One armenian here did. Its all about compatibiliy. If you can see yourself having a good life with that individual and that he or she "fits" well with you then it can work. But the problem is is that it takes two to tango so to speak. One can love and commit but the other may not. In my case me and Levon ended our realtionship little less than a month ago I was ready to commit but he wasnt although I was supposingly was the right girl for him. He chose preserving the armenian culture by being with an armenian. By agreeing to marrying an armenian girl. I think that two people can be together no matter what the circumstances, it all depends on the will of the individual. I will never understand his views on that but I have learned to accept it. He is a beautiful person and I have gained many many lovely sweet memmories that I will cherish for the rest of my life and I wish him the happiest in his life.

Anywayyyys, I will stay amongst you lovely armenians as I still love your culture...and the food....and the dancing....and the jokes.

Cheers!

Comment

Im sorry you fell in love with an unworthy man. I did it myself as a teen, thank god I was smart enough to get out in time. I wish you luck with your new relationship, and I am glad to hear that Levon is out of the picture. Dont think that its good to be friends with him either. A jerk is a jerk. It was really a spit on love the way he treated you. I really recommend that you spend your love on someone of quality.

Comment

I have decided that I am right.

Comment

Originally posted by Stark Evade
                    I have decided that I am right.
                    I have decided to agree.
                    Saves some unnecessary usage of words such as that which has occured in this sentence.
                    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I've always been actively involved in Armenian community. I always thougt i'd marry an Armenian. But I fell in love ourside my ethnicity. There was a lot of bickering and dissing, threats and fights. And that's when I realized that trying to please people who think they're the keepers of culture I lose my own identity. Ethnic identity is important, but we often draw it to such extremes that the identity of an individual in our society is lost completely. I realized that individualism, in any way that you might think of it, is something that's rarely ever appreciated in our culture. Every white raven is looked upon like they're sick or something. We as a nation are very concerned by keeping our national identity, but what about personal identity, should we all be exactly alike?
                      So here's to the crazy ones, the ones that dare to shine, the ones that dare to keep their individuality and look at things from other prospective. It's always hard, but it's harder to do in our culture.

Comment

Working...
                      X