Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

One armenians view on interracial marriages:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Until recently I was unaware of the richness of the Armenian culture and the sense of unity that is present within their communities. I was made aware of all of this due to an amazing woman who I met and since have fallen in love with. She has made it clear however that her parents do not approve since I am caucasian which at first I did not understand. After a consdierable amount of reading on this subject I now can better grasp why her parents are opposed to the idea of her being with a non-Armenian. However I am determined not to let my ethnicity be a problem and am trying to do everything in my power to better learn about the Armenian culture and am trying to learn the language as well. I want to try to win her parents acceptance (since I'm sure approval is only a pipe dream) and am desperately trying to find any resources that will allow me to better educate myself on Armenian culture. I am unsure what kind of reception I will receive on these forums but I refuse to lose the woman who makes me happier than anyone ever has simply because of my ethnicity. Thank you all in advance.

Comment

i would have no problem with dating and or marrying a non-armenian. hell im only half armenian myself.
      im currently dating a syrian girl, my family isnt what you would call supportive but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by indalamar
        She has made it clear however that her parents do not approve since I am caucasian which at first I did not understand. After a consdierable amount of reading on this subject I now can better grasp why her parents are opposed to the idea of her being with a non-Armenian.
        I think both you and they need to get some education on what the word "caucasian" means.

Sorry to have to break the news to you - but neither you, nor your desired one are actually "Caucasian" unless your or her ancestors have had some Circassian / Abkhazian, Abassian / Mingrelian / etc. blood somewhere down the line. And, given the proximity of Armenia to those nations, she is more likely to have some Caucasian ancestors than you are! However, it hardly matters, since Armenians are "Caucasian" according to the bizzare usage of that word in America.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
          I think both you and they need to get some education on what the word "caucasian" means.

Sorry to have to break the news to you - but neither you, nor your desired one are actually "Caucasian" unless your or her ancestors have had some Circassian / Abkhazian, Abassian / Mingrelian / etc. blood somewhere down the line. And, given the proximity of Armenia to those nations, she is more likely to have some Caucasian ancestors than you are! However, it hardly matters, since Armenians are "Caucasian" according to the bizzare usage of that word in America.
          Aight no caucasian, I'm white. So care to give any input on the that topic? =)

Comment

i couldn't care less about the person nationality/race. I hate to say it but of the armenian women i have met have been snobbish, ghetto, or cared about material possations to damn much. Iam not saying all armenian women are like this, because i know its not true. The only other armenian in my school is a women and i honestly cant stand her. I want to throw something heavy at her head sometimes.

Comment

so thats where caucasian comes from. also, your right in the US caucasian is any white person.
              & on that whole interracial thing this is my opinion a armenian=white so if that armenian marries like a french person or whatever its not interracial because that french person is white, also its nobodies business who u marry as long u love that person! also 1 of my friends has 1 of his parents being of mexican descent & the other was of armenian descent, thats an interracial marriage, but who cares!
              (me=american w/ 1 parent of armenian descent & 1 parent of irish descent)

Comment

Hello, very nice web site!!! My name is Yanira, I born in Puerto rico , I'm not Armenian!!! I'm divorce and from that marrage my baby girl born, she will be 3 years old soon!!! ok my point here is that now i have a Armenian boyfriend how i love very much and we both want to be married to each other very soon , but the problem here is that his Armenians parents dont agree because i have a baby girl and i'm not Armenian..I'm a nice person my boyfriend too and his parents!!! I dont know what to say to them or what to do!!! my e-mail is [email protected] Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Yanira
                  Hello, very nice web site!!! My name is Yanira, I born in Puerto rico , I'm not Armenian!!! I'm divorce and from that marrage my baby girl born, she will be 3 years old soon!!! ok my point here is that now i have a Armenian boyfriend how i love very much and we both want to be married to each other very soon , but the problem here is that his Armenians parents dont agree because i have a baby girl and i'm not Armenian..I'm a nice person my boyfriend too and his parents!!! I dont know what to say to them or what to do!!! my e-mail is [email protected] Thanks
                  Are you related to the guy from Bahrain?
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Hello, ANONYMOUSE I'm not related the guy from bahrain!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yanira
                      They think its wrong because most Armenian parents agree that the bride should be a virgin. And only devote herself to one man her entire life (in that husband-wife way).

I agree with all of that. Western society looks at marriage too lightly, the thought of divorce is so common that marriage has become a guess and check kind of thing.

"If he's not right for me, I CAN ALWAYS DIVORCE HIM."

Comment

Working...
                      X