Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

BMW Z4 Roadster vs Porsche Cayman S!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Z4 Roadster vs Porsche Cayman S!

Two very sexy cars, (I think) that will match up well, both from experienced German Car makers who know what there doing!!!

on the Concept BMW Z4:
    "The Z4 Coupé Concept Car makes the heart of the sports car enthusiast quite literally skip a beat, right from the start whetting your appetite to go out there on the road: extremely driver-oriented in every respect and designed without the slightest compromise for agility and dynamic performance, the Z4 Coupé appeals to all your emotions"-seriouswheels.com

and on the production Cayman S:
    Cayman S – this is the name of Porsche’s new Sports Coupé based on the Boxster model series. Ranking between the Boxster S and the 911 Carrera, this truly unique mid-engined two-seater sports car is powered by a 3.4-litre 295 bhp horizontally-opposed six-cylinder accelerating the Cayman S to 100 km/h in 5.4 seconds and providing a top speed of 275 km/h or 183 mph.-seriouswheels.com
    I definately can see a compare coming in the future!
    go check it out for yourself!

Porsche Cayman S:http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-200...Production.htm

BMW Z4 Concept:http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-200...pe-Concept.htm

what would you choose?
    I'm taking the Porsche because its faster (and its a porsche) and because of its mid-engine design!

The Porsche hands down is the better one. Much classier and richer interior. And the body just looks like a drop of water where the BMW is boxy. The only thing is that it looks like the same old Porsche except for few small changes. Spec wise, the Porsche wins in HP and torque. Even if it didn't, it's amazing how much it can accomplish with the available HP.

Comment

It's a no brainer since the Porsche is a production version. Anyone can come up with a cool concept ... but not too many have the ballz to produce it.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Yeah, the Porsche's design just sort of flows in a way I can't resist!
        I love the way the rear sweeps down, creating a gergious dip and topped-off with twin tailpipes.
        This may be one of the best cars ever made from Porsche, because its almost-911 performace numbers, it mid-engine layout and its relitivly cheap price! ($59,000 with many avalible options to raise the $$!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
          It's a no brainer since the Porsche is a production version. Anyone can come up with a cool concept ... but not too many have the ballz to produce it.
          actually what you see is going to be a production model next year, BMW has already hinted at this car coming in to production very soo, and as long as the Cayman is out there, the sooner the better for BMW!

Comment

The Porsche is great. I don't much like the Z4 - its a step backword IMO from the nice Z3 (and most excellent M version - perhaps my favorite modern BMW). Funny - a boxterS had a major wipeout today on the autocross circut - ran off the course after failing to correct a nasty fishtale/wobble and ran over a wooden post - tore up his radiator and had to be trucked out. A Mazdaspeed Miata also did a spinneroo and took out the finish line sensors and such - ...no one was hurt. And on Friday I really took it to a Boxster S in my Audi - he wanted it - zipped around me (where I knew a light would change just ahead so I could pull along side)...after thrashing him once (of course once I leveled off/slowed down he had to power by me) - I hung back a bit then just dusted his A good! (my kids really enjoyed the whole thing - cheering us on and deriding my opponent!....hardly had to break a sweat doing it...but I really did power around him good there at the end). Anyway - finished out a day where I dusted both a (recent) M3 and a (late model) corvette....all in my little blue (soccer mom like) wagon! lol I've taken a new Carrera S recently as well (thoguh no one believes he was really trying...but I know that he was - as he cut in front of me quite rudely right before the light...and he powered down - just not as well as I did!)...at least with the AWD he could still run with me in inclement weather - unlike most all other cars (though I've proven to beat STis and EVOs in both the dry and the wet)...so far no ricer types have ever taken me (some close ones certainly) - just the big V8s - top end Corvettes and Mustang Cobras...(again thats in the dry - in wet/snow - I rule! And its great fun...)...also had fun riding shotgon with a bud who recently ran #5 against the pros in the Autocross nationals for his category (he drives hnda CRXs and such) - we rode in someone elses little mini S - awesome thrill ride - did several runs...even let my eldest boy go with him for a few - though after doing it myself I almost forbade him! He loved it and my bud actually did a record run for the day with my kid in shotgun!
            Attached Files

Comment

did you say you had a Audi??
              Which one/year?
              must be pretty quick to have beaten those cars, or your a good driver, or both.
              Take on those Ricers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Porsche
                did you say you had a Audi??
                Which one/year?
                must be pretty quick to have beaten those cars, or your a good driver, or both.
                Take on those Ricers!!!
                all of the above

Its a modded S4 (2001 - bi turbo V6 Avant) - lots of hp - gobs more torque - way fast - believe me - and its a station wagon! - lol (I love that...) - I'm in the process of upgrading - very soon I think - I will be pushing 450hp and nearly 500 lb/ft of torque...yeah - fast...i'll say....

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
                  all of the above

Its a modded S4 (2001 - bi turbo V6 Avant) - lots of hp - gobs more torque - way fast - believe me - and its a station wagon! - lol (I love that...) - I'm in the process of upgrading - very soon I think - I will be pushing 450hp and nearly 500 lb/ft of torque...yeah - fast...i'll say....
                  nice.
                  Yeah, I'd consider that nice, your almost up to the new Z06's hp numbers!!
                  Well, halfway, actually.
                  But still.....
                  Before, I did'nt quite understand how you could smoke so many cars, with just a standard audi, but now that I now its modded, it all makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
                    all of the above

Do you have any pics
                    Just wondering....

Comment

Working...
                    X