Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Boxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boxing

3rd Title Defense for Arthur. 6th victory in a row, and 9th victory in 10 fights since comeback. He's now at 42-4 for his career

Arthur Abraham vs. Paul Smith: Winner, Scorecard and Reaction

Arthur Abraham (42-4-0, 28 KO) retained his WBO world super middleweight title on Saturday night, defeating Paul Smith (36-5-0, 20 KO) via unanimous decision over 12 thrilling rounds from the O2 Arena in Berlin, Germany.

The judges scored the bout 117-112, 117-112, 116-112 in Abraham's favor, a fitting result for a match that provided all of the thrills of their first encounter five months prior, but without the scoring controversy.

Abraham won that September 2014 bout on points by a fairly wide margin, but one could have made a decent case that Smith looked more the part of a champion that night.

Regarding the September result, Smith said prior to Saturday that it was "an injustice that I need to put right," per Michael McKenna of the Liverpool Echo, and it was clear from the opening bell just how determined he was to right a perceived wrong.

Smith was the aggressor in the first round, utilizing his jab early and often in an attempt to break down Abraham's high guard. The champion's reluctance to open his hands at the start was perhaps by design, as he blocked many of Smith's punches and eventually tagged the challenger with a couple of hard shots very late in the round.

The second and third rounds saw plenty of movement from both fighters, with Smith dictating the pace for the most part. The hometown crowd greeted every stinging punch Abraham landed with a roaring response, and he did well to target Smith's chin early on with his jab and right straight.

Abraham turned the early tide of the fight in the fourth, finally lining up Smith and landing a few ripping combinations when he managed to corner the Merseyside challenger on the ropes. His best flurry of the round came with 30 seconds left in the fourth, as he caught Smith flush on the face several times with either hand.

The 35-year-old Armenian dished out even more punishment in the fifth. Smith held his ground valiantly and even managed to connect on a barrage of body shots midway through the round, but it only drew apparent derision from Abraham, who dropped his hands briefly and invited Smith to come forward.

A powerful body shot from Smith rocked Abraham in the sixth round and stifled the latter's momentum a bit, but the rebound round wasn't enough for Smith to reverse the course of the bout.

Abraham came roaring back in the seventh and eighth rounds, breaking through Smith's slack defense with his jab and rocking his chin with right straights and left hooks.

The ninth proved to be another rollicking round from Abraham, one that saw him land a crushing right early on in the frame. He was proving his worth as a titleholder, seemingly drawing energy from the raucous crowd at O2 Arena.

Indeed, the jab-and-move proved to be an ineffective tactic, especially later in the fight, but no one can question Smith's heart and tenacity.

Other than a brief surge at the end of the 10th, Abraham coolly controlled the final three rounds. He saved energy by hiding comfortably behind his rigid high guard and pressed forward whenever Smith relented. The challenger attacked vigorously in the final round, when only a knockout could save him, but his brave offensive was not enough to bring Abraham down. The champion countered with several crushing blows of his own, earning a well-deserved win in the process.

Smith may have come away empty-handed once again on Saturday, but he has proved over these past two bouts he's one of the toughest fighters in the super middleweight ranks.

Abraham deservedly holds onto his title, and at his advanced age he will likely be careful to pick and choose his challengers from here on out. There likely won't be a third match between these two considering Abraham has won the first two, but boxing fans will be looking for more from these two exciting fighters.

Arthur Abraham (42-4-0, 28 KO) retained his WBO world super middleweight title on Saturday night, defeating Paul Smith (36-5-0, 20 KO) via unanimous decision over 12 thrilling rounds from the O2 Arena in Berlin, Germany...

Comment

I am glad Arthur won a decisive victory because he needed one badly. I was at his fight here in Detroit and that was a very tight fight.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        I am glad Arthur won a decisive victory because he needed one badly. I was at his fight here in Detroit and that was a very tight fight.
        I remember that fight. It was such a unfair way to lose a fight. At that point he was 31-0 undefeated, & 4th longest defending middleweight champion in history. After that he sort of had a downward spiral. He's made a real impressive comeback though having a very respectful finish to his career. Though he didn't turn out to be a global superstar, he leaves behind a very respectable legacy.

Comment

"KILLER QUEEN" RETAINS WBA WORLD FLYWEIGHT TITLE

World Boxing Association
          Oct 4 2015

By Robert Ecksel 04/10/2015

Friday night at Inselparkhalle in Wilhelmsburg, Hamburg, Germany, Susi
          "Killer Queen" Kentikian (35-2, 17 KOs), from Hamburg, Germany, by
          way of Yerevan, Armenia, decisioned Susana Cruz Perez (17-7, 8 KOs),
          from Tlalnepantla, Mexico, by scores of 97-94, 97-93 and 98-93 to
          retain her WBA World female flyweight title.

Fighting out of the red corner, Kentikian showed some ring rust after
          11 months of inactivity due to issues with her former promoter. An
          accidental headbutt early in round two drew first blood from above
          her right eye. Despite the ministrations of her cutman between rounds,
          the blood was a distraction.

"That was a headbutt," said Kentikian. "That's what happens."

Perez, fighting out of the blue corner, was tougher than the champion
          expected. Her willingness to take two punches, or three or four
          punches, to land one of her own forced Kentikian to dig deep. Perez
          may lack Susi's superb footwork and combination punching, but she
          has heart and a rock-solid chin.

"She was tough," said Kentikian. "I did not think that she would
          constantly march forward. She is a warrior."

The "Killer Queen" definitely won the fight, wearing down her opponent
          as the rounds progressed, but it might have been closer than the
          scores suggested.

"That was literally a battle," she said. "I honestly did not expect
          this."

Regina Halmich, the legendary flyweight who retired in 2007 with a
          record of 54-1-1, was handling color commentary for German TV. She
          expressed her admiration for Susi going out on her own and creating
          Kentikian Promotions, but felt it might have been a disruption, putting
          on a nine-fight card, in addition to training for a championship fight.

"I felt how excited Susi was," said Halmich. "That she has not her
          old form was clear to see. She had to carry a huge burden and is on
          the right track. "

To some extent Susi agrees.

"I had to look after everything myself," she said. "My mind was not
          free for boxing. Under these conditions, I am satisfied with the
          result. But the preparation was not as it should have been. Next
          time I'll do it much better. I want no more long pauses. That is not
          good for me. I'm just happy that I won the fight. It was a battle,
          because my opponent was much tougher than I had expected. Luckily I
          could fight until the end."

Friday night at Inselparkhalle in Wilhelmsburg, Hamburg, Germany, Susi “Killer Queen” Kentikian (35-2, 17 KOs), from Hamburg, Germany, by way...
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            "KILLER QUEEN" RETAINS WBA WORLD FLYWEIGHT TITLE

World Boxing Association
            Oct 4 2015

By Robert Ecksel 04/10/2015

Friday night at Inselparkhalle in Wilhelmsburg, Hamburg, Germany, Susi
            "Killer Queen" Kentikian (35-2, 17 KOs), from Hamburg, Germany, by
            way of Yerevan, Armenia, decisioned Susana Cruz Perez (17-7, 8 KOs),
            from Tlalnepantla, Mexico, by scores of 97-94, 97-93 and 98-93 to
            retain her WBA World female flyweight title.

Fighting out of the red corner, Kentikian showed some ring rust after
            11 months of inactivity due to issues with her former promoter. An
            accidental headbutt early in round two drew first blood from above
            her right eye. Despite the ministrations of her cutman between rounds,
            the blood was a distraction.

"That was a headbutt," said Kentikian. "That's what happens."

Perez, fighting out of the blue corner, was tougher than the champion
            expected. Her willingness to take two punches, or three or four
            punches, to land one of her own forced Kentikian to dig deep. Perez
            may lack Susi's superb footwork and combination punching, but she
            has heart and a rock-solid chin.

"She was tough," said Kentikian. "I did not think that she would
            constantly march forward. She is a warrior."

The "Killer Queen" definitely won the fight, wearing down her opponent
            as the rounds progressed, but it might have been closer than the
            scores suggested.

"That was literally a battle," she said. "I honestly did not expect
            this."

Regina Halmich, the legendary flyweight who retired in 2007 with a
            record of 54-1-1, was handling color commentary for German TV. She
            expressed her admiration for Susi going out on her own and creating
            Kentikian Promotions, but felt it might have been a disruption, putting
            on a nine-fight card, in addition to training for a championship fight.

"I felt how excited Susi was," said Halmich. "That she has not her
            old form was clear to see. She had to carry a huge burden and is on
            the right track. "

To some extent Susi agrees.

"I had to look after everything myself," she said. "My mind was not
            free for boxing. Under these conditions, I am satisfied with the
            result. But the preparation was not as it should have been. Next
            time I'll do it much better. I want no more long pauses. That is not
            good for me. I'm just happy that I won the fight. It was a battle,
            because my opponent was much tougher than I had expected. Luckily I
            could fight until the end."

http://www.wbanews.com/boxing-news/k...ba-world-title
            First I've heard of her. Just watched some of her past fights... she deserves the nick name killer queen.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Normally I would spam social media about Vanes's fight tomorrow...but I can't support him after learning tsolvera In his earlier years I would attend his fights with my entire family decked out with Flags.

Could have married an Armenian and gave a great life to a few armenian kids and taught them to keep our culture alive.. but as they say, another one bites the dust.

In other news, Darchinyan is headed to Artsakh!

Արմեդիա» ՏՎԳ-ն ներկայացնում է բացառիկ հարցազրույց հայ պրոֆեսիոնալ բռնցքամարտիկ, նախկին WBA, WBC և IBF վարկածներով աշխարհի չեմպիոն Վիկ Դարչինյանի հետ:

– Պարո´ն Դարչինյան, հայտարարել եք, որ մի քանի օրից մեկնելու եք Արցախ: Ո՞րն է Ձեր այցի նպատակը:

– Մեկնում եմ Արցախ հանդիպելու մեր զինվորներին, քաջալերելու նրանց՝ ասելու, որ նրանք կռվում, պայքարում են մեր հայրենիքի համար և պետք է պինդ մնան:

– Ապրիլյան սրացումների ժամանակ Դուք գտնվում էիք Հայաստանից դուրս: Ի՞նչ զգացողություններ ունեիք: Արդյո՞ք այդ ժամանակ նկատվում էր Հայաստան-Արցախ-Սփյուռք միասնության ոգին:

– Այո´, Ավստրալիայում այն ակնհայտ էր: Մենք բոլորս էլ փորձում էինք ինչով կարող էինք օգտակար լինել. ոմանք գումար էին հավաքում, ոմանք ինչ-որ բաներ էին ուղարկում:

Իհարկե, բոլորս էլ գիտեինք, թե ինչ է կատարվում, որ ունենք զոհեր: Ես ինքս չէի կարող չգալ և տեղում չտեսնել, թե ինչ է կատարվում: Իհարկե, ես դիպուկահար չեմ, չեմ կարողանում կրակել և այս առումով զինվորներին օգնել չեմ կարող, բայց ուզում էի անպայման լինել զինվորների կողքին, քաջալերել նրանց, ասել, որ զգույշ լինեն, որ փամփուշտներից գլուխները ցածր պահեն:

Բառեր չեմ գտնում ասելու: Մենք շատ զոհ ենք տվել: Բոլորը երիտասարդ տղաներ… Ուզում եմ, որ ավելի զգույշ լինեն:

Հարցազրույցն ամբողջությամբ` կարդացեք սկզբնաղբյուր կայքում:
              Last edited by Shant03; 05-20-2016, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X