Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Problems With My Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems With My Manager

When your at work, ignore everybody & everything just do what you got to do & leave when its time for you to go, people dont need extra drama in there lives. We have enough drama as it is.
    Which Way is the Right Way?

Comment

Originally posted by HyeWayCop
      When your at work, ignore everybody & everything just do what you got to do & leave when its time for you to go, people dont need extra drama in there lives. We have enough drama as it is.
      I wouldn't go quite that far (but my kind of work is work that people would do without pay, anyway.) So, should people in other fields people should follow that advice?

Still, basic things (kindness, honesty and etc.) should hold true. Managers shouldn't really act like dictators in business--or they'll destroy the business.
      Last edited by Anahita; 06-28-2006, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Anahita yes courtesy is diffrent than having drama. For example you go in to work when you see someone you be polite but dont let your job interfere with your personal life... thats what I was trying to say.
        Which Way is the Right Way?

Comment

You guys won't believe what happened. It actually went down today. Here's what happened.

I was at work today, and I had called a junkyard for a part on a car we had in the shop. The guy told me it costed $200. I told my manager and my uncle, and they just said okay. I went inside my uncle's office to write a check, so I could leave to go pick-up some tires. While I was in there, my manager walked in and said, "That place you found the part for $200. Call them back and order it." I went back, placed the order, and I was about to leave the store. I turned to my manager and said, "You guys wanted me to order the part without calling the customer and asking if he wanted it?" And my manager turned to me and said, "I thought you guys told him he needed it. When you come back, call the customer." I said back, "I didn't call him. Can you call? I'm about to go pick-up tires." He said, "No. Pick-up the tires, then call him. I said back, "Can't you just call him right now? What's the difference?"

Right there, he snapped. The thing is, I wrote the customer up. And at work, I guess they're really uptight about that. I think I've mentioned it before. He went crazy and told me, "You wrote him up! He's your customer! You need to take care of it!" So, we yelled for a little bit, then all of a sudden, he said, "You're causing to many problems!" I told him he was the cause of every problem, and he told me if there was a problem, would he like us to call my uncle and have a talk with him. I said sure, so he went to call my uncle.

At that second, I was a little worried. He was really heated up, and he was calling my uncle, so we three could fix this problem. And I knew everything was going to come out in the open, so I had to think it through for a minute. So, my uncle came and we all walked in the office. He didn't know what was up, so he asked what was wrong, and my manager closed the door. He said something like, "If you want everything to run smooth here, you need to talk with Armen!" All of a sudden, he started yelling. He started saying things like, "Everytime! He doesn't follow-up on his customers AT ALL! I need to do everything for him!" I told him, "Why would you tell me to order the part, if you hadn't talked to the customer?" He told me it was my customer and he thought I had talked with him, that's why. Now, the whole day, we all had been running around, so when talk rose about this part, I had no clue of it. Again, they made me call the part store, then they told me to order it, so I, too, assumed they had spoke with the customer.

I was standing there for a few minutes as my manager yelled at me, and on purpose, didn't reply back. He kept getting louder, and I just didn't reply. Then, my uncle jumped in and said, "Look. I don't appreciate your attitude. The way you're talking isn't nice at all." My manager then said, "I don't have an attitude! It's all him! I have to look over him for everything. He can't do anything alone!" And at that second my uncle said something that hit the nail on the head. He said, "Armen is new here. He's supposed to look over things, but you're the manager, you're supposed to look over EVERYTHING, including him." And I was like, "That's the whole point, Mr. Mananger!"

Now, they steered the conversation to the direction of the mechanics being too lazy to work, then my manager said, "Last night, Armen was sitting down WITH the mechanics while a car wasn't being worked on!" And that REALLY pissed me off, because it's not true, and I feel bad for not saying anything in front of my uncle. Then he yelled at me and said, "Is it the mechanics that piss you off? Is it because they never work?"

And honestly, I already had enough of being quiet, and I was getting a little teary-eyed. I don't know why. I had held everything in. So right there, I jumped back and said, "You know what Avo? You know what pisses me off? YOU piss me off. It's you and your attitude." And the only bad part is, I almost cried saying that. I was all choked up, with tears about to roll down my face. I'm pretty sure you have a picture of what I'm talking about. I feel like a bitch for saying it like that and crying, but I couldn't help it. It had been held in me for too long, and I couldn't control it.

After that, we just broke it up. My uncle got mad at me for now following up on cars, but I'm sure he's mad at my manager for showing us an attitude. When I'm alone with my uncle next time, I'm going to apologize for not working 100%, but I'm gonna tell him more about the manager's behavior. I didn't want him to find out like this, but it's too late now.

Also, there was talk about controlling anger, and my manager asked me if I could control my attitude, and I said something like, "Don't tell me about controlling an attitude. You're the one around here who has the attitude." And it just kept making him snap at me. Ugh. Picturing him yelling and me taking that shit pisses me off more.

Also, today he actually asked me to cover for him tomorrow. He has an engagement to go to, and he asked me to cover! My uncle and I are both off tomorrow, so he's the only one. My uncle came up to me today, to make sure I was coming in tomorrow, and I said, "No. I don't know if I can come in." Come on, what the hell. I covered for him last Sunday, because he faked sick to watch the WORLD CUP! What kind of manager is that?! How many times do I have to cover for him?! First time so he could watch Soccer, and this time so he can party. BULLSHIT! I shouldn't even be working right now, my fucking wisdom teeth are giving me a headache, but I'm still working just because I already missed too many days. And I don't want my uncle to go in tomorrow, so I'm forced to work. Fucking bullshit, man. I can't believe the way I'm getting treated!

Comment

If it has not already been mentioned, show your uncle this thread. Show him the dates things were posted so he doesn't just think this was something that sprang from today.

Comment

If I talk it out with him and tell him what's wrong, he'll understand and believe me. Showing him a thread about me talking about this with a bunch of people I've never met might have him worried, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way
                If I talk it out with him and tell him what's wrong, he'll understand and believe me. Showing him a thread about me talking about this with a bunch of people I've never met might have him worried, lol.

you could copy what you wrote so far on here and then paste all that into word or something with the dates that you wrote each message and then print that for him to see. then he wouldnt know that you posted this, but did keep track of what happened.

Comment

After my last post, I talked this through with my family, and we got in an argument. They think I was stupid for sitting back and letting them talk to me, and I should've spoken up even earlier. I'm just going to talk alone with my uncle tomorrow and tell him everything. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

I had a little talk with my uncle today, and everything is "whatever" for the moment.

Comment

i hope 'whatever' continues to get better. better to get stuff out sooner than later

Comment

Working...
                      X