Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenia 2010

Armenia has a real chance to have a decent team in 2010. There are five young players that are playing on well known clubs worldwide.

Alecko Eskandarian -24 years old
    DC United

Yura Movsisyan -23 years old
    Kansas City (MLS)

Edgar Manucharian -19 years old
    Ajax

Zhora Hovhannisyan -19 years old
    Olympiacos

Andranik Teymourian -23 years old
    Bolton(soon to be)

There are other Armenians that play on pro clubs but these are the youngsters that would still be in their prime when 2010 rolls around.

In the early to mid 70's, we had our greatest teams which challenged for the UEFA Cup. In the 90's We had Youri Djorkaeff(still plays pro ball) and Alain Boghosian who won the World Cup for France. Eric Assadourian also played pro soccer in France for Lyon during the 90's.

We also have one of the best coach's in the world. Sergio Markarian is the head coach of Pananthiakos in Greece. He used to be the head coach of Paraguay when they were in the World Cup 8 years ago.

Re: Armenia 2010

ahhaha we have a long way to go

Comment

It is a long time to wait. If we could convince Eskandarian, Movsisyan, and Teymourian to play for us, it would give us a very strong core group of players. Besides playing for your country, I don't know what incentive they would have to play for Armenia.

There are other tournaments before 2010 but we need all the help we can get.

Comment

I wanna get drafted!

Comment

Teymourian cannot play for Armenia.

Comment

you dont grab players from other countries dude lol

i dont know armenian soccer much so i cant say whats wrong with it but you need to

1. Get the correct management team, everything starts from the top
            2. build your local league up
            3. make sure you get a top international coach
            4. and put money in to grass roots football

look into what australia has done in the past 2 years and you guys will freak out

Comment

we would probably make the cup if we were in the asian confederation but then again europe is where the money and talent is
              Last edited by Ari; 07-07-2006, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D3ADSY
                Teymourian cannot play for Armenia.
                As long as Armenia grants him citizenship, he could.

Teymourian was not very happy with Iran. First, they were not going to even allow him on the team because he is Armenian.

Secondly, he was not set to start until the guy ahead of him got injured. I don't feel like looking up the name right now but the guy who was going to start ahead of Teymourian was one of the best players on the team and the same age as Teymourian.

Third (just speculation), Iran can't be very happy with him when he was shown on TV making a cross.

Look at Mexico, a quarter of their team is not even Mexican. I not saying lets go out and recruit the best players in the world. I'm just trying to state that there are world class Armenian soccer players out their and it would be great if they could come together and make a run.

As far as developing our own league in Armenia, you are correct. That would be the first place to start the foundation. Until then, it would be invaluable for our own players to gain experience with major soccer clubs.
                Last edited by simonig; 07-07-2006, 10:30 AM.

Comment

first and foremost. Teymourian cannot play for Armenia, he has played for Iran and more than once at that and FIFA regulations state that once you have played on a countries NT, even in reserve, you can never play for a different country.

As for Eskanderian he has also played for the U-21 squad of the US, that also rules him out.

Movsisian is a possibility but the AFF has to get to him quick and do what they can to get him to play for us.

Now, you cant try to strenghten your national league and get players valuable experience at the same time. If you want better experienced and trained players you have to let them get snapped up by big European clubs, as soon as a player makes an impact he gets taken up. Even if Armenian clubs had the money to keep good players in Armenia it wouldnt make sense as they would simply not get the experience, coaching and training that they can in big foreign clubs and thus your national team would suffer as a result. Its a bit of a paradox but clearly the National Team is a priority as you cant expect Armenian clubs with an absolut maximum 10 million worldwide and 3 million local fanbase to compete against teams like Manchester United or Real or Barcelona who have a huge fanbase at home, millions upon millions of dollars and fans all across the world who funnel more money through merchandise and whatnot.

Comment

I didn't read the whatever is written above, but I read some parts... I find some stuff funny..
                    a person said that Armenia can get the Asian cup if they were in Asia.. are you joking? There is Japan, Saudi Arabia, Korea, ... think well then talk...
                    Not that I'm against Armenian Soccer (I used to watch the games but I got bored from the league)...
                    Another thing, I won't consider the MLS as a good soccer league so you can take 2 of the above players off the list...

Edgar Manucharian -19 years old
                    Ajax

Zhora Hovhannisyan -19 years old
                    Olympiacos

Andranik Teymourian -23 years old
                    Bolton(soon to be)
                    these are left.. as they said Teymourian can't play from Armenia since he has a played from Iran.. Armenians could have thought about it fast and gave him an armenian nationality and before he played from Iran, he could have played from Armenia and never reach a world cup ... so Teymourian is out of the list..

I don't watch dutch or greek league but if Ten Cate (Ajax coach) makes Edgar Manucharian from the first 11 or even make him sit in the substitute and make him play from the team as a substitute once in while.. he'll get good and could support Armenian National team but till now i haven't seen him play...

So we can still dream about reaching World Cup 2010!

Comment

Working...
                    X