Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Where Do You Work? What Do You Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Do You Work? What Do You Do?

Share with us where you work, what city/state, and what you do at your job. Also, ask questions to other members, if you wish, so we could all share our job experiences.

I work at Discount Tire Centers in Simi Valley, soon moving to Five Star Tires in Los Angeles.

I'm a Salesmen, and my job is to sell the store's services. At Discount Tire Centers, we sell tires, wheels, and do mechanical work. I mostly help customers decide on which service they'll need, pick-up/drop-off tires and customers, and work throughout the shop. I've been working there for 2 and a half months, and I've learned enough that my uncle, the owner, trusts me enough to let me run the store alone on some days. It's a good experience because I'm learning a lot about cars, things I didn't even know.

Re: Where Do You Work? What Do You Do?

Well im from Montreal, Canada and I work in a company called Linen Chest.I've been working for them for almost 6 years now and im a head cashier.I'm basically at the cash serving clients and i make sure all the cashiers are well trained.Also when someone does a mistake, i have to fix them lol (pain in the ass).I'm a part timer cuz i'm still in school.I'll be graduating in a year from Concordia University!

Comment

Isn’t that what you’ve taught him? To be extremely frank?
      I love little boys more than girls, they are much more funny and more unpredictable than girls.

I don’t work because I haven’t been able to find a part time job, I go every day to university, starting from today except for Thursdays and Fridays, and I’ll be graduating from university in one year and then I’m hoping to pass an important exam in order to be able to continue it.

Comment

Originally posted by ARK
        I love little boys more than girls, they are much more funny and more unpredictable than girls.
        Unpredictable...that's the best word to describe boys...if you gather 3 of them, expect trouble...it seems like they are born to be naughty...girls are a lot more mellow...at least, with them I can have a break every once in a while, since they enjoy doing art work and stuff that doesn't require that much energy...boys is all about playing outside and running around...I was never able to get a boy to sit down with me for more than 10 mins and concentrate on only one thing, like a board game...it's like they have ants in their pants...

Comment

Computer crap..."IT consulting"

Comment

Originally posted by ARK
            We probably sit on diametrically opposite sides of the "human playground;" in fact, I usually say:
            "I love little girls more than boys, they are much more funny and more unpredictable than girls."

My perception is that boys are as predictable, obnoxious and boring as dogs and girls are as unpredictable, graceful, mischievous and funny as cats.

Originally posted by JenMinassian
            it seems like they are born to be naughty
            If "naughty" means mischievous, then I would disagree. If it means obnoxious, then I would agree.

Of course, there are exceptions and the above is - to a certain degree - an exaggeration.
            Last edited by Siamanto; 09-27-2006, 02:02 PM.
            What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto
              We probably sit on diametrically opposite sides of the "human playground;" in fact, I usually say:
              "I love little girls more than boys, they are much more funny and more unpredictable than girls."

My perception is that boys are as predictable, obnoxious and boring as dogs and girls are as unpredictable, graceful, mischievous and funny as cats.

If "naughty" means mischievous, then I would disagree. If it means obnoxious, then I would agree.

Of course, there are exceptions and the above is - to a certain degree - an exaggeration.

For me, boys and girls are equally fun, engaging and challenging but in different ways. Little girls are great because they bring out the more protective and tender part of you, which is fun to experience especially if you don't have children of your own. Also the girls' smiles are much more disarming than boys'. A boy though lets you be much more physical in playing. I can pick up a boy and throw him up or twirl him around and just enjoy physical activities, which a girl wouldn't think was much fun.

As far as how mischevious or creative or fun kids are, I think gender is irrelevant. The difference is just that boys are more aggresive and loud by nature, but that's the challenge with them to control that and use it towards fun and learning.

Comment

ahhh I Love kids, of course as long as they are other peoples becuase I can hand them back to the parents when they start getting too much hahaha

this said, I have promised my cusins kids to take them to the movies for the school hollidays. which is next week (I almost regret it) taking out a 9 year old, and two 6 year olds at the same time?? not sure how it'll go. But I love them, everytime I see them I forget about the crap day I've had

Oh yea, as for work, I work in Facilities Management industry. We do the facilities maintenance/management for the Immigration Detention Centres. so All you illigal immigrants in Australia better watch out LOL

I am also a fashion designer and working on my own fashion label, so hopefully will have something up and running in a few years. Karo promised to be my model

Comment

Originally posted by Crissy
                  ahhh I Love kids, of course as long as they are other peoples becuase I can hand them back to the parents when they start getting too much hahaha

this said, I have promised my cusins kids to take them to the movies for the school hollidays. which is next week (I almost regret it) taking out a 9 year old, and two 6 year olds at the same time?? not sure how it'll go. But I love them, everytime I see them I forget about the crap day I've had

Oh yea, as for work, I work in Facilities Management industry. We do the facilities maintenance/management for the Immigration Detention Centres. so All you illigal immigrants in Australia better watch out LOL

I am also a fashion designer and working on my own fashion label, so hopefully will have something up and running in a few years. Karo promised to be my model
                  Yes, we've talked about me modeling for Crissy's new plunging neckline strapless designs. Problem is I'm too skiny and Crissy is spearheading the campaign against skinny models. lol

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                    Yes, we've talked about me modeling for Crissy's new plunging neckline strapless designs. Problem is I'm too skiny and Crissy is spearheading the campaign against skinny models. lol
                    It's ok Kar jan I worked it out, I just got to add more frills etc to make you look normal weight hahaha

don't forget the lacey number with the gergerachext hahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X