Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Liberation of Western Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Liberation of Western Armenia

It gets really hard deleting posts that deviate from the issue and focus on insulting one another especially since some of us have school or work and cannot be in front of this all day. I know discussions can get very personal because ultimately it comes down to our beliefs and alot of the topics are important and personal and everyone wants to make the best of it and I am sure everyone has the best intentions, but there must be more content than insult.

Even if you reply to someone in a vindictive manner or somewhat condescending, but at the same time still try to make your argument and create and keep content to be 70% of your reply, I and other moderators have been very liberal in letting the things flow. Just continuous insults only ruin the value, candor and appeal of the thread. Instead of the argument and the issues taking up the majority of the posts, people become the issues.

UPDATE: The thread has been significantly cleaned up. I don't think I missed anything, unless I'm wrong. However, please post in a cordial fashion. If you disagree fine, make it known, yell to the world you disagree and you think the other side is wrong. However, to go beyond that, and I am not even talking about insults, and make actual threats and intimidation, that is taken seriously and you will be banned for that.
    Last edited by Anonymouse; 07-31-2006, 05:52 PM.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Thank God we still have men like the Armenian, I hope he is having many sons.

Yeghbayr Armenian

Thank you for the posts about western Armenia, and what we can become.
      I and many other Hay men and women support your words. I thought they were very positive and think that any true Hay Nationalist would agree.

I have lived for many years and have come to the conclusion that a strong and larger Armenia and a much larger population in Hayastan is the best chance of Armenians surviving. I think a one world government is a bad idea.

I am glad that some of the people who feel so differently are not my children.
      You have my support. If we Hay's don't stand together as one we may perish.

God Bless

Avak Melikian

Comment

Being nationalistic and patriotic and waving the Armenian tricolour is great and all, but where is the realistic outlook, the the kind of concerned thought that comes with genuinely caring for something, whether people or a country?
        I will just put things bluntly, since arguments seem to flare easily and get nowhere fast on the interwebs.
        Armenian Armed Forces do not come close to matching, let alone surpassing, Turkish Armed Forces on the ground, in the air or at sea (non-existant). The fight over Nagorno-Karabakh in comparison was between two more or less evenly matched sides who used the same equipment.
        Ofcourse it does not all come down to military might, but in this case I don't see any other alternative and I think when you speak of "liberation" you do not mean by round table talks and diplomatic handshaking. I really don't want to drag this out, the Turkish Air Force is one of the oldest in the world, with nealy 100 years of history behind it, and close to 300 F-16s alone. You can count what the Armenian air force has on one hand. How can you launch an offensive against someone who has complete air superiority, and vastly superior numbers on the ground, on his own ground.
        Instead of talking about some false hope that somewhere down the track, somehow, Armenia's military will transform into something that can match that of Turkey's perhaps there should be more realistic approaches to the issue.
        The very fact that you state such a thing as "may or may not happen within our lifetime", talk of nuclear bombs and ill informed statements like "Turkish military hardware is not modern, its about 20-30 years old" underline how delusional and dangerous this whole thing is. But ofcourse, I and others like me, are the problem, the ones who are holding back Armenia! Yet it is your delusions of grandeur that will cause a repeat of history, not mine. Speaking of history, isn't it about time we learned from it?
        Armenia is surrounded by hostile and semi-hostile nations, we have no direct link with Russia and Iran is hardly a true ally the last thing we need are suicidal dreams.
        Last edited by D3ADSY; 08-01-2006, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Miayn Zenqov Ka Hayin Prkutiun!!!
          "Before all else, be armed."
          Machiavelli

Comment

Ari, check out this link there is a message for you, mate.

"Before all else, be armed."
            Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by melikianAvak
              Thank God we still have men like the Armenian, I hope he is having many sons.

Yeghbayr Armenian

Thank you for the posts about western Armenia, and what we can become.
              I and many other Hay men and women support your words. I thought they were very positive and think that any true Hay Nationalist would agree.

I have lived for many years and have come to the conclusion that a strong and larger Armenia and a much larger population in Hayastan is the best chance of Armenians surviving. I think a one world government is a bad idea.

I am glad that some of the people who feel so differently are not my children.
              You have my support. If we Hay's don't stand together as one we may perish.

God Bless

Avak Melikian
              Noren shnorhakalutyun enker. Its good to hear from again.
              Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by D3ADSY
                Being nationalistic and patriotic and waving the Armenian tricolour is great and all
                Moreover, it is also an essential ingredient in the preservation of our national and cultural values in the face of a loosing war against assimilation.

Armenian Armed Forces do not come close to matching, let alone surpassing, Turkish Armed Forces on the ground, in the air or at sea (non-existant).
                Such factors as superiority in numbers and arms do not automatically translate into military success and I think you've got much research to do before you present yourself as being some military analyst.

The fight over Nagorno-Karabakh in comparison was between two more or less evenly matched sides who used the same equipment.
                The fight for the liberation of Mountainous Artsakh was hardly "between two more or less evenly matched sides." The Artsakhsis hardly had the numberical advantage over the Azeris, and for the most part they fought with what they captured from the enemy.

The Armenians did NOT have planes or an air force, the Azeris did. Moreover, the Azerbaijanis had hired thousands of Mujahadeen, Chechen, Russian and Ukranian merceneries.... while the Armenians had barely enough money for bread. The situation was A LOT more despair in Armenia than Azerbaijan. Moreover, the Azeris were advized by NATO Turkish Generals on military tactics and supplied NATO arms to Azerbaijan for use against Armenians.

There, the Armenians were overwhelming outnumbered, outgunned and only a braindead baffoon would see this brilliant, glourious victory as an "even match".

Ofcourse it does not all come down to military might, but in this case I don't see any other alternative and I think when you speak of "liberation" you do not mean by round table talks and diplomatic handshaking. I really don't want to drag this out, the Turkish Air Force is one of the oldest in the world, with nealy 100 years of history behind it, and close to 300 F-16s alone.
                At the present time noone in Armenia is preparing for an invasion of Turkey. We are speaking of our long-term, strategic goals. Geopolitics change all the time. Who knows, one day the Americans may just need to use our territory to attack turkey. It wasn't too long ago when the US was "chums" with Iran.

You can count what the Armenian air force has on one hand.
                what type of a mutated freak are you? how many fingers have you got?

How can you launch an offensive against someone who has complete air superiority, and vastly superior numbers on the ground, on his own ground.
                Instead of talking about some false hope that somewhere down the track, somehow, Armenia's military will transform into something that can match that of Turkey's perhaps there should be more realistic approaches to the issue.
                During the first republic, in the immediate aftermath of the genocide, the republic, drained of all resources, was able to push into turkey and liberate kars and ardahan and nakhijevan and expand the boundries of the first armenian republic that was drawn up by the treaty of batum that made armenia 4500 sq miles. if we could do that then, we can do it again. If our people could throw out the all might red army from our soil under Garegin Njdeh and establish an independent lerna hayastan--we can do it again. Armenians have a glorious record as brilliant fighters and fierce warriors.Turks, on the other hand, have a record for annihilating their own civilian, unarmed population. Back then it was the Armenian, greek, and assyrian citizens of the ottomoan empire. Today, it is the kurdish citizens of Turkey.

Moreover, you are assuming that the only way to liberation of our lands is only between a war strictly b/w armenia and turkey. forgetting geopolitics? forgetting sponsorship of great powers?

Armenia is surrounded by hostile and semi-hostile nations, we have no direct link with Russia and Iran is hardly a true ally the last thing we need are suicidal dreams.
                precisely, and that is why we have and must maintain the strongest army in the caucasus region. As for iran, they are the closest ethnic relatives of Armenians and the best friend and neighbor we have.
                Last edited by Artsakh; 08-01-2006, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Thank you enker Artsakh.

I had stopped reading that annoying person's comments. Most probably he is a "Polsahai" who has been watching a lot of Rambo films and reading GI Joe magazines. So now he wants to show us how much of a military expert he has become.

Please ignore him from now on, when you reply to him its like hitting a wasps nest.
                  Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Our military analyst also seems to forget that in the spring of 1991, the leaders of the Azerbaijani regime, ONLY and ONLY with the assistance of the Soviet Army, was able to organize the depopulation of the Armenian regions of Northern Artsakh and the deportation of the Armenian population of Nagorny Karabakh and the surrounding regions.

Our friend is also forgetting the fact that despite our small numbers, we only lost 6 to 7 thousand soldiers, while Azerbaijanis lost 24-29 thousand soldiers despite their overwhelming superiority in numbers, arms, ground troops, and air and sea forces (non existant in Armenia at the time).

The majority of political and military analysts (Non-Armenian) agree and have written in their accounts that this was a major upset victory against all odds.

But your right, such simpletons who come forth with such absurd assertions are not worthy of a response.
                    Last edited by Artsakh; 08-02-2006, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D3ADSY
                      the last thing we need are suicidal dreams.
                      Though if those who have these suicidal dreams would just avail themselves of the suicide route to a happier live, then it would be better for the sane amongst us.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X