Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

new audi commin your way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new audi commin your way!

"It" quit.

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
      What are you, rich?
      To the answer to your question yes my family is Well off. My moms the head of Law Firm and my dad is an Investment Banker. Along my parents my extended family being well off comes arrogance, rudeness stuff that I hate, I try to get away from it like going to Spain or something for a break. I dont like it, I want my parents to stop being like that and my extended family are arrogant arggh I wana get away from it.
      Last edited by JohnCanadian; 04-28-2009, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Nice cars John
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCanadian View Post
          This is my dads car:

You sure your dad has the Hybrid? Last I heard, those were pushed back until 2010.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreat View Post
            That is also correct, but overall German cars are the best and that is why their industry is not at all as serverly damaged as for example American GM is today.
            German cars are far from the best. Their craftsmanship is phenomenal, but their reliability has ALWAYS been in question. They're well known for electrical issues. Let's look at BMWs alone. They are notorious for brake rotor warping within 30-50k miles of being new. A customer of our store just got rid of an X5 because it had electrical problems the dealer couldn't figure out, the speakers stopped working on the stereo, and a slew of other problems. He swore off ever buying a luxury foreign car again. I have several friends who have had the same issue, while others don't care what their cars put them through, so long as they can say they're driving a high end status symbol.

The German car industry isn't damaged like the American ones because the bulk of their profits have nothing to do with sales in the US. Remember, while the Japs were on top of the US automotive industry, even Toyota and Honda have taken a hard nose dive here, loosing even MORE than American car companies in several of the last 6 or so months. If the American car companies are hurting, it has a lot more to do with the American economy than the cars themselves. Scratch that, it has to do with the asinine way they have run those companies the last 30 years. Unions have DESTROYED the big 3 with their RIDICULOUS salary, benefits and retirement demands for these low grade, no education required, blue collared jobs.

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
            Japanese cars are also dependable.
            but American cars are trash
            Please actually know something about cars before commenting on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow View Post
              Let's look at BMWs alone. They are notorious for brake rotor warping within 30-50k miles of being new. A customer of our store just got rid of an X5 because it had electrical problems the dealer couldn't figure out, the speakers stopped working on the stereo, and a slew of other problems. He swore off ever buying a luxury foreign car again. I have several friends who have had the same issue, while others don't care what their cars put them through, so long as they can say they're driving a high end status symbol.
              Well, the BMW X5 IS built in the USA.... there are no longer boundaries for cars anymore. Every car is made from parts from all over the world. So if one supplier manufactures faulty parts, it could potentially end up along many different platforms. Its sort of like pieces of the puzzle that are shipped from multiple suppliers and the final assembly is done in one location. For example, Chrysler can puts engines that are designed/built in South Korea into their vehicles. In fact, the quality of your car sometimes depends on whether or not the guy on the assembly line was drunk/high
              Last edited by KanadaHye; 04-29-2009, 04:35 PM.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Japanese cars are also dependable.
                but American cars are trash

Last edited by Guest; 04-18-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

German cars are certainly NOT the best. BMW is decent but way overpriced. AUDI has great performance cars but again, not very affordable and certainly not when it comes to maintenance. VW ... well ... do you really want to argue there are "best" in anything? Seems to me they produce average cars that really don't have much benefit to offer over all other cars. Reliability wise, they have not had the best record either (not even close).

Daimler had a chance to do something with Chrysler here in the US but that went completely bust. They are probably the most overpriced among all German cars. So if cost weren't an issue in the US, German cars may have a chance of being worth considering in terms of their "quality" but once you factor cost into the equation, they pretty much give you very little bang for the buck.

Porsche has always been an exception in my mind but even they are having some identity crisis right now. I mean a 4-door sedan? Really? What's next, the minivan and a pickup truck? Well they got pretty close to the minivan category with the Cayenne but that's another topic.

Now this brings us to American cars. How can you claim American cars are "trash"? On what basis? What cars are you talking about? Certainly in terms of SUVs, Trucks, and offroaders, US still hugely dominates the rest of the world. In terms of sports cars, the Corvette (when considering its cost) can certainly hold its own against any import (unless you want to count some super fancy cars that are beyond this discussion). With GM, Ford, and Chrysler now offering more and more great muscle cars (just look at the success of the mustang and camaro), the US again has a very solid stake in the muscle car department.

In terms of fuel efficient commuters, US has great offerings but still Toyota is the leader here with the Prius. With Mazda going electric and with Ford and GM closely behind, it is still a big race but again, US is far from "trash" here.
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

U.S. cars are hit and miss, it's just due to the way the U.S. auto manufacturers do business. Japanese manufacturers don't change a component and reinvent the wheel every model year, instead they work to perfect and then maintain that component throughout their product line. With the Big 3, it's more about catering to suppliers and brown nosing executives and CEOs.

As far as going electric... I'd rather move my house next to work than be caught dead driving an electric car for the sake of "pollution". Urban sprawl is due to human greed and I shouldn't be made to feel guilty for driving a gas powered vehicle if I don't drive nearly as much as the commuter who lives 1-2 hours from work because they choose to live in a bigger box.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                      With the Big 3, it's more about catering to suppliers and brown nosing executives and CEOs.
                      I don't think that's true with GM at least. GM's biggest problem has been costs ... mostly in pensions and health benefits for the retirees. It was something like $1600 per car which is a pretty big number. If GM could somehow cut these massive costs that is holding it back, and somehow secure a much more affordable labor force (outside the US), it could do great things I think. But as it is, GM has become very stale and even though they are not producing "junk", they do need a complete overhaul of their offerings I think.

Ford already has done that and you can see they are doing great in terms of sales too (and consumer confidence since their cars are much more reliable than the junk they were putting out in the 90s).

Of course I am not saying the Big 3 have reached the Japanese caliber in terms of the quality of their supplies. That is still unmatched
                      Last edited by Sip; 04-04-2011, 04:45 PM.
                      this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                      X