Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How much have you changed since..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much have you changed since..

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun. Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
    - Pink Floyd

OK, I have a terrible flu for the past couple of days and I am wedged in my house, bored & nothing to do, which is what tempted me to return here. Anyway, there is no interesting discussion going on so I started digging up my old post. Once I saw myself, I couldn't believe that was me. I mean, I used to say a lot things that nowadays I consider just stupid.

My point is that: I have changed.

So the gist of the thread is: Do you remember how you were when you first entered here? Your behaviour, your beliefs etc. Good. How much have you changed since then? And do you think you have become better or worst?
    Last edited by Կարմիր Բ; 03-04-2007, 03:19 PM.

Re: How much have you changed since..

I change a lot. Long time ago, I used to be much more patient with various people and various ideas. I used to think everyone should have a right to their opinion and saying things etc. I used to be "open minded" about religion, politics, science, and other topics. Now, I have slowly changed to a point where I really believe not everyone's thoughts and ideas are equally interesting. Some are just plain wrong, some are just dumb and stupid, some really don't want to see the truth, while there are others that are definitely brilliant and very smart.

I have a lot less tolerance for those who think they know it all. I can't really stand those that think they are better than everyone else because God talks to them, or somehow they just "know" things. I especially have a short fuse with those that just repeat the "status quo" types of things (like "US is evil"), or fully buy into completely unfounded conspiracy theories like "we didn't land on the moon", or the "earth is flat", "Holocaust is a lie", "Armenian Genocide was civil war", "Bush organized 9/11", etc.

So yah, I've changed a lot and I continue to change. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for worse.
    Last edited by Sip; 03-04-2007, 03:17 PM.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

I think I used to be somewhat cyclothymic when I first entered. I am definitely more patient and tolerant now, I don't really see a point in getting angry anymore, its useless. When I hear things that I would characterize ''stupid'', I just ignore them.

However when I get angry, its just not controllable. I want to smash the monitor. But its too expensive lol. I usually get angry on issues like injustice, racism, authority & double standards. These sort of staff.

But generally, I could say that I don't let my emotions to affect my judgement.

Last, the thing in which I had a 180 degree turn is that I am MOOOOOOREEEE sexually liberated and emotionally mature right now. I mean there is no comparison. That's the ''stupid stuff'' I was referring to in my first post. Jeez, I can't believe I actually wrote such nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Կարմիր Բ
        [I]
        I used to say a lot things that nowadays I consider just stupid.

My point is that: I have changed.
        At the time being it wasn't stupid at all. It just that as days pass we learn more and more about the world around us.

But I agree, we change...and change is good.

Comment

I first started writing that I thought overall I had changed towards worse. But, I realize I meant to say I've changed towards being less pure, in the sense that as life goes on, you get hurt, you get panic-stricken, you get less healthy (physically and mentally). Naturally, your outlook and idealism changes.

One huge thing that has changed is that I'm quite weary of talking and, as they say, hearing my own voice. I used to be almost a perfect extrovert. Now, I'm a lot more introverted. I guess drowning your problems and concerns in mindless/empty talk at some point seizes to be a solution.

Certain things have also taken place in the last few years that have made me value above all health, clarity of mind, and, to a degree, self-preservation.

Neat topic btw.

Comment

I remember when I first joined. I didnt know if I would be accepted into the forum or not because I am not armenian. But everyone here was really kind and gave me a warm welcome. Hahaha. I hated anonymouse, I thought he was being ignorant to me. But now, reading most of his posts I see that he wasnt, and I was just being paranoid like usual. He spoke to me like he speaks to everyone else.

I used to be quite more active in the forum. I pratically lived on here. Now, I poke my nose in here and there to see whats new. I see there are a quite a few new members.

I think I have become a little colder, Im not as friendly.

Comment

I was childish and immature. Those who I thought were assholes are now looked at as the intelligent ones. Those who I got along with are now looked at as idiots.

Comment

I hit puberty.

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
                  Hahaha. I hated anonymouse, I thought he was being ignorant to me. But now, reading most of his posts I see that he wasnt, and I was just being paranoid like usual. He spoke to me like he speaks to everyone else.
                  Which is like ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way
                    I was childish and immature. Those who I thought were assholes are now looked at as the intelligent ones. Those who I got along with are now looked at as idiots.
                    So you grew out of it but they didn't

Comment

Working...
                    X