Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hidden "Armenians" in Turkey....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hidden "Armenians" in Turkey....

Originally posted by Selpak View Post
    No Turks remains in Armenia. Armenians of Turkey have schools, churches,...etc, even an island. Some of them act like cancer. ...
    Remember the Treaty of Lausanne? The one you always bring up when Armenians speak of Western Armenia? In it, your leaders agreed to respect the rights of Turkey's minorities. So I'm sorry it bothers you that the Armenian community of Turkey, now reduced to a few schools, churches and perhaps an island in Istanbul, is still there.

Turks in Armenia? What about Armenians in Anatolia? Thanks for preserving a few thousand in Istanbul as a showcase of your country's tolerance. Though after recent events such as Hrant Dink's assassination, and keeping in mind the fate of the historic Greek community, their days might be numbered.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
      Hidden 'Armenians' in Turkey...

I don’t know what you guys think of the clip and the people there( some of you might be tearful), but personally I have no pity for these Armenians, they are an utter embarrassment to our nation...
      There's no easy answer to your question: do you take the chance to reintegrate within the Armenian Nation or do you let History take its course and complete the assimilation process into the *urkish Nation?

The issue of the Hamshens is more difficult for two reasons:
      1- They are aware of their Armenian past and do not necessarily hide it
      2- They are much greater in number
      3- They are Muslim
      4- It's a well defined - organized or not - denomination or community

Considering that, in TEMPORARILY SO CALLED Turkey, Armenian or *urkish is not necessarily a genetic or racial denomination, then I can't consider them as Armenians because, ethnically, they either are not - or, in the best case, may not be.

Why not reintegrate them into the Armenian Nations? On the positive side, not only we would grow in number, but we would also "have a foot" in Western Armenia. On the negative side, there may be a risk of contamination of Armenian values and mindset by *urkish ones.
      In any case, it is a complex question and the above is just an oversimplified discussion.

Note: I have chosen to auto censor the words "*urk," "*urkish" or *urkic" because it is commonly perceived as unpleasant and offending, evokes unpleasant emotions and imagery and is pregnant with immoral and evil connotations
      What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
        In TEMPORARILY SO CALLED Turkey, Armenian, Greek or *urkish is not necessarily a genetic or racial denomination, the difference is of ethnic nature. *urks, not only have stolen the ancestral lands of the natives, they have also stolen the genetic heritage and physical appearance- as if to create the illusion of being the rightful owners of the stolen lands.
        Wow! This was the strongest hatred message I have ever seen here. Wow, you really literally hate Turks.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
          I have no problem with Armenians hating the nationalist and racist Turks, I'll join you on that one. But you guys don't seem to understand that generalizing an entire people makes them stand united against us. Don't push the liberal Turks into the same camp as the nationalists. Making more people hate us = Bad politics.
          This is a really good point that I agree as a Turk. Your radical hatred make the problem unsolved. If you stop this Turks are bla bl bla sh.t, then we may struggle against the idiotic nationalist Turks here in Turkey But your diaspora make everything worse. It is nice that one Armenian, finally, at least, come to this point.

Comment

In TEMPORARILY SO CALLED Turkey,
            I read again and again. What temporarily bla bla bla...is this Angry girl Siamanto! Just so funny really

Comment

ArmSurvival who can you talk about friendship between armenian and turks? how can we be friends with people that still denie what there antcestors have done to us and the reason that most armenians hate turks is for what they have done in the past and what they are doing now
              Siamanto you're right their is no easy awnsor for their problem but their is one thing that they need to do and that is never forgot who they are and where they are from this is something evrey Hay that doesn't live in Armenia needs to do so that we never are going to be assemilated(sp?)

Karo

Comment

There's no easy answer to your question: do you take the chance to reintegrate within the Armenian Nation or do you let History take its course and complete the assimilation process into the *urkish Nation?

3- They are Muslim

Considering that, in TEMPORARILY SO CALLED Turkey, Armenian or *urkish is not necessarily a genetic or racial denomination, then I can't consider them as Armenians because, ethnically, they either are not - or, in the best case, may not be.

Why not reintegrate them into the Armenian Nations? On the positive side, not only we would grow in number, but we would also "have a foot" in Western Armenia. On the negative side, there may be a risk of contamination of Armenian values and mindset by *urkish ones.
                In any case, it is a complex question and the above is just an oversimplified discussion.

Note: I have chosen to auto censor the words "*urk," "*urkish" or *urkic" because it is commonly perceived as unpleasant and offending, evokes unpleasant emotions and imagery and is pregnant with immoral and evil connotations

My talk was not referred to our Hamshen Armenians (who live in western Armenia) but the people in the clip (who were from a village near Constantinople) and some polsahays… who choose to hide their identity, deny what happened to our ancestors, badmouth other Armenians, as long as their business is on track.
                Regarding hamshentis, I agree with you on their reintegration in the future, although I don't know how their Islam would be dealt ...

Comment

Originally posted by Selpak View Post
                  No Turks remains in Armenia. Armenians of Turkey have schools, churches,...etc, even an island. Some of them act like cancer. ...
                  what deos it mean,who acts like cancer?
                  anyway hidden Armenians are really hidden because most orphan children's name were changed and they were given to turkish families.Ya,Armenians have schools,churches,...etc.even an island,but just in Istanbul.Tom is right,what about Anatolian Armenians?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                    3- They are Muslim

My talk was not referred to our Hamshen Armenians (who live in western Armenia) but the people in the clip (who were from a village near Constantinople) and some polsahays… who choose to hide their identity, deny what happened to our ancestors, badmouth other Armenians, as long as their business is on track.

Yes, you were limiting yourself to Hidden Armenians and I was aware of it; I just did not express myself clearly. I apologize for the confusion.
                    Maybe, I should have said:
                    "The issue is somehow similar to that of the Hamshens, but the latter [the issue of the Hamshens] is more difficult for the following reasons:"
                    LOL Also, I see that I said "two reasons" but listed four! It was past 2 AM and I was preparing to go to bed.

By the way, it also applies to some of those who claim to be Armenians....for instance, Mesrob Scum Mutafian.
                    What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Remember the Treaty of Lausanne?
                      Turks were erased from Caucasian before Treaty of Lausanne.

your leaders agreed to respect the rights of Turkey's minorities.
                      Our leaders forced to respect the rights of Turkey's chiristian minorities. They had an agenda.

Armenian community of Turkey, now reduced to a few schools, churches and perhaps an island in Istanbul, is still there.
                      Armenian schools and churches percentage still more than turkish ones. I mean exp.: 1 Armenian school for 200 Armenians, 1 Turkish school for 1500 Turks

Turks in Armenia? What about Armenians in Anatolia? Thanks for preserving a few thousand in Istanbul as a showcase of your country's tolerance. Though after recent events such as Hrant Dink's assassination, and keeping in mind the fate of the historic Greek community, their days might be numbered.
                      Hrant Dink was from Malatya, not istanbul. He went to istanbul like you went to US. Forceing people to leave their land and killing them is not same with imigration, isn't it? Any way, there is no Turks in Armenia.

istanbul pogrom is one of the dark page of Turkish Republic. I won't support it. But try to compare it with Cyprus. Btw, how many greeks died during pogrom 5, 15, you can not say more than 15. Just check Cyprus.

what deos it mean,who acts like cancer?
                      The people who suports Sevr.

Tom is right,what about Anatolian Armenians?
                      Some of them died on Russian side with turkish weapons; some of them died during relocation, some of them died in French uniforms, some of them died in Greek uniforms, some of them escaped with Greeks from izmir, some of them still live in Anatolia, some of them went to istanbul, some of them imigrate to other countries, some of them lives in ME, some of them became turkish, some of them converted to Turk... Where is Caucasian Turks?

Comment

Working...
                      X