Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hidden "Armenians" in Turkey....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hidden "Armenians" in Turkey....

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
    There are a lot of Turks who think the genocide should be recognized (mostly Turks outside of Turkey, but there are a growing number inside Turkey). My point is if we declare some kind of hatred or disassociation with Turks in general, then those who are for recognizing the genocide will be stuck between racist Armenians and those who are fanatics in their own society. Not all Turks have the same opinion.
    Dude, respectfully, I didn't write the passage you quoted.

Comment

As far as these Hidden Armenians. I would like to state that the path chosen by the man in the video, who figured out that living in a denial and fear is no way to live, is a move in the right direction. Congrats to him. Marrying a native Armenian speaker and raising your children as Christian Armenians will go a long way to cleansing his spirit and psyche of the turkish influence. Now, he just needs to pack up and leave. As far as the rest of his family, I have the hardest time imagining what's it like to live a fake fear-ridden life. The only explanation I can come up with is that these people are institutionalized (remember from Shawshank Redemption), which is what prisoners go through after long incarceration. They've known self-instilled fear and deception all their life, probably passed on generation-to-generation, and sadly passing it on to their children. And now, that fear and deception have become their culture, their tradition. They're not Armenians, not Christians. I know that sounds bad, but they've replaced their ancient culture and traditions with fear and deception. The good news is that they can slowly cultivate the Armenian roots, if only they could break free from that.

By the way, saying that these people are an example of similarities between turks and Armenians is quite silly. These people have taken several generations of making themselves appear Muslim and kurdish/turkish. They are the least likely candidate for comparing Armenians and turks. Note, that a similar thing can be said about turks from the West of turkey. These regions are populated by a huge European-derived genetic component, thanks to turkish "classic" practices of wife-stealing, baby-stealing, etc., all because of the need to change their native East-Asian traces.
      Last edited by karoaper; 05-05-2007, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper View Post
        As far as these Hidden Armenians. I would like to state that the path chosen by the man in the video, who figured out that living in a denial and fear is no way to live, is a move in the right direction. Congrats to him. Marrying a native Armenian speaker and raising your children as Christian Armenians will go a long way to cleansing his spirit and psyche of the turkish influence. Now, he just needs to pack up and leave. As far as the rest of his family, I have the hardest time imagining what's it like to live a fake fear-ridden life. The only explanation I can come up with is that these people are institutionalized (remember from Shawshank Redemption), which is what prisoners go through after long incarceration. They've known self-instilled fear and deception all their life, probably passed on generation-to-generation, and sadly passing it on to their children. And now, that fear and deception have become their culture, their tradition. They're not Armenians, not Christians. I know that sounds bad, but they've replaced their ancient culture and traditions with fear and deception. The good news is that they can slowly cultivate the Armenian roots, if only they could break free from that.

By the way, saying that these people are an example of similarities between turks and Armenians is quite silly. These people have taken several generations of making themselves appear Muslim and kurdish/turkish. They are the least likely candidate for comparing Armenians and turks. Note, that a similar thing can be said about turks from the West of turkey. These regions are populated by a huge European-derived genetic component, thanks to turkish "classic" practices of wife-stealing, baby-stealing, etc., all because of the need to change their native East-Asian traces.
        hmmm...You say turks mixed with populations because of the need to change their native East-Asian traces :S then this means you accuse the babies>>which is probably high proportion of modern turks<<< for being stolen???
        You cant blame the children of those mums that you call "stolen wives". They have no responsibilty of what happened in the past...

Finally, you as an armenian should be proud of those "hidden" armenians who are still holding on to life no matter what. Its easy for you to say "they should all move to armenia". Maybe they need more support from armenians, maybe they like to stay in turkey. These people are having "identity crisis" and their offsprings will have it too...Come on people, put your hand to your heart and especially Lucin, this one is for u>> if armenians think those people are a disgrace to armenians, and at the same time they are being "mistreated" by some turks then who does really care about these people? I feel sorry for them
        Last edited by gizzy; 05-05-2007, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Re: Hidden &quot;Armenians&quot; in Turkey....

Originally posted by Karoaper
          Dude, respectfully, I didn't write the passage you quoted.
          My apologies, it was KarotheGreat who said it, I accidentally wrote your name. I changed it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
            Մի քիչ մակարդակ ցոյց տվէք: Ամոթ է:
            Դու գնացել է՞ս Հայաստան: Իմ ընտանիքը ըտենց Է ապրում: Հէչ մի բան չունեն և մենք էնք իրանց փող տալիս որ իրանք ապրեն: Եւ ի՞նչ է ամոթ: Որ ես չէ՞մ ստում: Դու ամաչում է՞ս որ Թուրքէրի մոտըն էմ խոսում Հայաստանի վիճակի մասին: Որ չուզենաս ես անգլերենով չեմ խոսա Հայաստանի մասին: Ես չէմ ուզուն որ քո հակառակորդը լինեմ բայց ես կառծում էմ որ Հայերը Թուրքիայում կարան իրանց ցույց տան որ Հայերը լաւ մարդիկ էն և իրանց կառաւարությունի վատ և սուտ ղոսկէրին չլսէն (կարողա էսի չի պատահի բայց գոնե փորձենք): Որ ոչ մէկը չանի էս բաները դե Թուրքերը նույն կամ աւելի վատ ճեւ կմտածեն Հայերի մասին: Ես չէմ ուզում որ միհատ Հայ գնա և ապրի Թուրքիայում բայց քանի որ էս Հայերը ապրում էն Թուրքիայում թող իրանք ցույց տան որ Հայ ժողովուրդը շատ լաւն է: Մոռացիր իմ առաջ և երկրորդ err...փոստերի մասին: Ներողություն: Ես լաւ չեի մտածում:

Comment

Spasi, kez barkacnum e na vor trker@ mer, Hayeri, masin vat en mtatsum? Sirelis, gogh u avazaki u dazhan martu hargankn a kez petk? @senc ban yes chem lsel, manavand Hayeric. De ari gnank, porcenk gel u aghvesneric hargank u patkaranq uzenk.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
                My apologies, it was KarotheGreat who said it, I accidentally wrote your name. I changed it though.
                no need for apologies, bro, just wanted to make the correction.
                I knew KaroMetsn was going to cause such problems. Karo lsum es ay tgha. makanunt pokhi.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper View Post
                  Spasi, kez barkacnum e na vor trker@ mer, Hayeri, masin vat en mtatsum? Sirelis, gogh u avazaki u dazhan martu hargankn a kez petk? @senc ban yes chem lsel, manavand Hayeric. De ari gnank, porcenk gel u aghvesneric hargank u patkaranq uzenk.
                  Ես չեմ ասում որ իրանց շատ սիրենք կամ իրանք մեզի շատ հարգեն բայց կարողա իրանք չեն մտածի նույն ճեւը Հայերի մասին: Կարողա Հայերի հետ կը հաւատան Ցէղասպանությունի մասին (սաղ Թուրքերը չե -- բայց կարողա ավելի շատ): Ես գիդեմ որ շատ վատ Թուրքեր կան այս աշխարում բայց մի քանի հատ կա որ Հայերի հետ հաւատում էն: Էս Թուրքերը չեն գանգատարկում որովհետեւ իրանց կառաւարությունը չի թողում և շատ մարդ չկա որ իրանց հետ համաձայնում է -- չ՞ե: Բայց որ Հայեր լինեն Թուրքիայում դե կարողա իրանք կարան Թուրքերի կարծիկները փոխեն և աւելի շատ Թուրք կը պաշպանի իրանց (էն Թուրքերին որ հաւատում էն Ցէխասպանությունի հետ): Կը ներես. ես չուզեցի Թուրքերի դեմը ասեի և ճիշտ չասեցի անգլերենով:
                  Last edited by sev_zeytun; 05-05-2007, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I think that these people should be recovered by the government for them to be able to practice their religion and identity. This is the duty of the government. But I do not think the government will do anything about it as it is threaten by the western governments and even USA to confess <<genocide>>. Actually, it would be stupidity for the government to accept anything on this issue. I can not get my head around anything on this <<genocide>> issue, In Armenia or in France , If somebody kills somebody, does the government asks the suspected killer if he/she accept the responsibility of the killing and on the ground that she/he does not accept any responsibly, they get away with what they do? If all governments including Armenia are convinced that Ottoman Turks committed genocide why any government does not submit a petition to the court In Switzerland, called international justice court and why spend millions of dollars on propaganda? What are they scare of? As far as I can see recently some Turkish scholars also make their living on this issue supported by Armenian communities. I do not blame them they have to earn money somehow. If the court concludes that it was genocide, we have to accept and memorize the victims officially but without a court verdict I can not understand why and how Turkey will accept this as genocide.

In many people’s posts, I see a deep hatred against Turkish people which is unbelievable. You would have been born Turkish and I would have been born Armenian or Indian. It is not our choice and we can not refuse the culture, identity which we were born into, because these are who we are therefore it is pointless to advise the other side’s people to reject the angle the way they look. But if we clearly realize that we also would have been the other, I think things will change gradually

Do Armenians live in Turkey happily? Probably most of them live far more prosperous life in Turkey than those who live in Armenia financially. I think generally they are successful people whatever they are doing. Of course politically, they were silent until recently but I think it is also changing. I even wrote to Agos after Hrant Dink was killed, saying that Armenian community should not hesitate to be present politically and socially in the Turkish society. I know the damage was done by both sides I know it is too difficult for the majority of the Turkish people to reconcile on this issue as they had bad memories in regarding to Armenians community living in Turkey a century ago. I think Turkish people will apologize for Armenians loses during the relocation after French, British, Russian, Greek governments explained to Turkey what they were doing in Turkey Between 1915-1923 and apologized for what they did to Turkey and Armenians explained to Turkey clearly why they sided with Russian Army why they died in the French uniform by a Turkish bullet. Why they became <<the other>> in the eyes of Turks after almost a thousand years.

I am sorry if some of you guys get upset with what I have written but communication is always a better way in dealing difficulties.

Comment

Originally posted by sev_zeytun View Post
                      Well, I think I need to clarify what I was talking about. I was only addressing the Armenian's living in Turkey.
                      I have known many Armenians from TEMPORARILY SO CALLED Turkey, but I do not have enough exposure to agree or disagree with your statement - when limited to that particular community. However, I know that many of them would vehemently react, as if insulted, disfigured and vilified by your statement.

I think that it is shameful that the Turkish people call the Armenians there 'invalids' and other insulting names. I was saying that if they show who they are and practice whatever bits and pieces of Armenian culture that they know (like a little bit of religion maybe), that, eventually they would be accepted as Armenians and that the Turks would soon realize that Armenians are not bad people and that their 'image' of Armenians is completely wrong. I was not saying that all Armenians should go the Turkey and live there or anything even close to that. By 'integration, and acceptance' I meant for those who live in Turkey (they can be accepted for who they are, not who they pretend to be).
                      As Karo said, why do you care? Why does it matter what morally reprehensible intellectual midgets "think" of - and perceive - Armenians? I challenge you to name a SINGLE intelligent *urkish poster on this forum....And they are the cream of the *urkish "intelligentsia.

Do you really think that a jerk - or, in this case, a Jurk - suddenly becomes sensitive and understanding when you take the time to explain? Please wake up and smell the *urk....it really stinks!

As for an example (Siamanto), look at America in the early 1900's. There was a huge influx of southern and eastern Europeans and the Americans hated them a lot (nativists, so to speak). They tried everything to keep the immigrants out with the Emergency Quota Act and, later, the Immigration Act to keep them out as much as possible (don’t even get me started on the Asian population in America back them). But look at the immigrant populations now. The Americans do not mind that there are Russians, Italians, Greeks, Slovenians, Romanians, ect living right next door and they even like their culture and there is acceptance and mutual respect for one another. As for the whole 'we look the same' bit, I was only talking about body and facial structure. Do you think that a lot of the Turks who know these people or pass by them everyday knew that they were Armenians or had an Armenian background?
                      Are you comparing the American Society - mainly inheriting from the European Culture - to the *urkish Society - mainly inheriting from the culture of Central Asian nomadic herds of thieves with a medieval mindset and simplistic model of the world?

Are you out of your mind or still on drugs - the one commonly administered in the US to make believe that all human collectivities are comparable????? To consider the dangers of that drug, keep in mind that a majority of the American people - not leaders - agreed to the war in Iraq because they genuinely believed that democracy could be built. Yes, that drug allowed the leaders to manipulate them.
                      Please wake up and smell the *urk....it really stinks!

Note: I have chosen to auto censor the words "*urk," "*urkish" or *urkic" because it is commonly perceived as unpleasant and offending, evokes unpleasant emotions and imagery and is pregnant with immoral and evil connotations
                      Last edited by Siamanto; 05-06-2007, 10:23 AM.
                      What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X