Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Originally posted by Federation View Post
    In 1995, a Russian journalist asked Shamil Basayev, “Where have you faced defeat?” He replied, “In 1994, I saw defeat in Martakert, and then suffered an even bigger loss in Fizuli at the hands of the Dashnaks .” Basayev said, “If I'd had twenty boys like the Dashnaks, I would've conquered the whole of Russia.” Shamil Basayev left the war and said, “These people are fighting with belief in their territories, while those on my side do not believe that this land belongs to them. The land is running out from under them.”
    Փառք և պատիվ, ընկեր:
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is specially for you, 'Armenian', and all the lovers of Garegin Njdeh, including myself. The book seems to be well done.

Complete biography of Garegin Njdeh published in Yerevan

Historian and political activist Rafael Hambardzoumian is the author of the complete biography of Garegin Njdeh (Garegin Nzhdeh, Karekin, Njdeh).

This is the first time that such a large scale attempt has been made to gather all material related to the national hero, thinker, philosopher and military leader Garegin Njdeh (Garegin Ter Harutiunian), who has played a crucial role in the formation and preservation of the Armenian statehood.

Garegin Njdeh was a prominent Armenian military commander who led an anti-Bolshevik uprising in the southeastern province of Syunik in 1921, proclaiming there the Republic of Mountainous Armenia (RMA) and spoiling the Bolsheviks' plans to surrender the region, part of historical Armenian lands, to neighboring Azerbaijan. After months of fierce battles with the Red Army, the RMA had to capitulate in July 1921 following Soviet Russia's promises to keep the mountainous region part of Soviet Armenia. After losing the battle Garegin Njdeh, his soldiers and many prominent Armenian intellectuals, including leaders of the first independent Armenian Republic, crossed the border into neighboring Persia.

Garegin Njdeh was arrested by Soviet troops in Bulgaria in 1945 and executed for his "anti-Soviet activities," including the alleged collaboration with Nazi Germany. His ashes were moved to Armenia 20 years ago from the Russian City of Vladimir. Prime minister Margarian's Republican party says its ideology is based on Garegin Njdeh's teaching that has some nationalistic elements.

During Soviet times it was not possible to deal with the legacy of personalities like Njdeh. The independence of Armenia brought new and much needed opportunity to analyze Njdeh's works. Rafael Hambardzoumyan pays special attention to the numerous letters, essays and articles written by Njdeh during the period of his captivity in Soviet jails.

It is worth mentioning the crucial role that Njdeh played during the Karakilis (Garakilise) war against the invading Turkish forces in 1918. The author gives a complete account on Njdeh's participation in many battles against the Turks in locations such as Van, Kars, Ararad, Veti, Avshar, Yegheknavan, etc. He has also played an important role in suppressing the rebellion of the Tatar (Azeri) population in 1919 in the newly established Armenian Republic.

A special section in the book describes the significance of the Repbulic of Mountainous Armenia which was established by Garegin Njdeh in the mountainous area of Zangezur (Southern Armenia) after the collapse of the 2 years old Republic of Armenia (1918-1920). The Rebpublic of Mountainous Armenia (known also as Lernahayastan) has been instrumental in keeping Zangezur under Armenian control, thus preventing the annexation of that part of Armenia to invading Azerbaijan, with the result of securing the Armenian borders with Iran (a fact that is important even today during the blockage of Turkey and the instable situation in Georgia). Another importance role of the RMA was to provide exit to the withdrawing Armenian army, intellectuals and political figures after the February 2001 revolt against the Soviet rule.

The work of Hambardzoumyan is highly appreciated. It gives an opportunity to evaluate the life and activities of the national hero Garegin Njdeh. For the first time it is mentioned that the ideology developed by Njdeh (Tseghakron and Taronakan movements) stem directly from the old Armenian doctrines related to the forefather of the Armenians Haik Nahapet, preserved through acts like the "Mamikonian Vow", which was a kind of oath developed during the Armenian Golden Age (Vosketar). Njdeh has provided the modern version of that national movement. The ideological basis of this thought has emerged from a combination of patriotism and the Christian faith.
      By examining numerous documents and printed sources Hambardzoumyan highlighted the patriotic role of Njdeh in dealing with the advanced Nazi German forces during a very critical time. He continued to play important role even after surrendering to the Soviet authorities. During 11 years of captivity, though subject to physical threats and pressures he remained uncompromised on his positions and even envisaged regaining Western Armenian land at a time when Soviet Army was planning to intervene in Turkey immediately after the WWII.

The author of the book underlines the political and strategic genius of Garegin Njdeh as one of the most prominent figures of international strategic and ideological thought in the first half of the 20th century.

Link: http://www.azad-hye.net/news/viewnew...ewsId=876gjk95

Comment

These traitors will be dealt accordingly.

Comment

Bunch of clowns, nothing more nothing else.

More you, and several of your self-absorbed interlocutors, reveal your immaturity, ignorance and obsession the better it is for the rest of us...

Originally posted by Կարմիր Բ View Post

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Կարմիր Բ View Post
            Naye yavrig be very carefull and thoughtfull when you speak about heroes of armenia specially tha tashnag ones...

Comment

"Dashnaktsutiun is an ulcer on the heart of the Armenian people. If we
              succeed in treating that ulcer that people will die." --Tallat Pasha
              Tallat Pasha? Why would you quote a dog? The fact of the matter is, Dashnaksuitiun worked hand in hand with the Young Turks to overthrow the Sultan and help bring Tallat and the young turks to power in the first place.

Once the Young Turks were in control, the Dashnaks embraced them joyously, saying "Now We are brothers" and engaging in celebrations with them. The Dashnak leaders even invited General Andranik to join in the celebrations, but he turned down their invitation. General Andranik had withdrawn from the Dashnak ARF party in 1907--he had viewed the ARF as traitors who were willing to cooperate with the Turks, and he was right.

In fact, the ARF continued its cooperation with the young Turks even after the 1909 massacre in Adana.

In an article written by Arnold Leese in March 1, 1939 titled “The Real J-e-w: A Lesson from Turkey,” it says:

“THE Turkish revolution which dethroned the Sultans was Je--w-ish. The Je--ws used Freemasonry as a tool. It has been said with considerable truth that the Young Turks were old Je--ws. The active agency of Revolution was the Committee of Union and Progress. This was fostered and manned by Freemasonry while Freemasonry was itself in the hands of the Je--ws.”

Therefore, it is not surprising that there was such a cooperation between the Young Turks and the Dashnaks.

Check out this question from a recent interview with historian Christopher J. Bjerknes:

Bedros: Can we come to the conclusion that some of the Armenian leaders were Freemasons?

Christopher: I would say absolutely that they were not only Freemasons but they also had their own independent revolutionary movement, the Tashnak and Henchak, which become infiltrated by the J--ewish Masonic revolutionaries who were sent out of Salonika of Greece, and who produced Emmanuel Carraso or Caraso.

Last edited by Artsakh; 08-26-2007, 12:51 AM.

Comment

In 1995, a Russian journalist asked Shamil Basayev, “Where have you faced defeat?” He replied, “In 1994, I saw defeat in Martakert, and then suffered an even bigger loss in Fizuli at the hands of the Dashnaks .” Basayev said, “If I'd had twenty boys like the Dashnaks, I would've conquered the whole of Russia.” Shamil Basayev left the war and said, “These people are fighting with belief in their territories, while those on my side do not believe that this land belongs to them. The land is running out from under them.”
                Dear friend, indeed, that is impressive. But you are leaving out the fact that the commander of those "dashnak boys" was JIRAYR SEFILYAN-who is no longer a member of the ARF. More over, do you know where JIRAYR SEFILYAN is today? he's in prison, because he dared to speak out against Serge Sarkissian's treasonous comments regarding the liberated territories. And if you don't mind me asking, why are those "dashnak boys" who are a part of the government today not doing anything and not speaking out against his unjust imprisionment?

I'll tell you why. Historically, the Dashnak party leaders have always tried to standing in the way of national heroes and keep them down.

Look at Andranik, Look at Njdeh, and now look at Jirayr.

Comment

Let us not forget the long line of heroes that come from the ranks of the Dashnaksutyun-Andranik, Serop Akhbyur, Gevork Chavush, Garegin Njdeh, Dashnak Dro, Keri, Nikol Duman, and so on and so forth.
                  In those days, every one was, by membership, a dashnak. It was like during the Soviet Union, and in China, where, regardless of personal opinion, you had to be a member of the communist party to get anywhere.

General Andranik withdrew from the Dashnak Party in 1907--that should tell you something.

The great hero Garegin Njdeh resigned from the Armenian Revolutionary Federation-Dashnak party in 1937-- That should tell you something.

Comment

Artsakh, you are either not being truthful or you are simply an ignorant person. In response to your half-truths and complete lies I will make several points for the uninformed reader:

During the time period you referred to there we several different political/military entities representing Armenians - the Hnchaks, the Dashnaks and the Armenakans who later evolved into the Ramkavars.

Jirayr Sefilian deserved what he got. He is not a politician nor is he the savior of the Armenian nation. He is a good paramilitary leader, he is a good Dashnak leader and he should have stayed within his parameters. Despite you think, Artsakh and all its liberated territories are not going anywhere.

Freemasons are everywhere. So if you are complaining about Freemasons you are essentially complaining about humanity in general. Besides, I don't believe that an Armenian being a Mason has effected the Armenian nation in one way or another.

When the geopolitical climate in the Caucasus got unbearable General Andranik, unlike Dro and Garegin, abandoned the Armenian nation - that should tell you something. As good as Andranik was on the battlefield he had no political skills. He constantly opposed the Dashnak leadership. He was easily disgruntled. He had no political/diplomatic skills. I suggest you read this biography, there isi a good book out by a Ramkavar author.

Garegin remained a committed Dashnak to his death. Like many great Dashnak leaders, Garegin had serious quarrels with the Dashnak leadership. They disagreed on policy matters. However, Garegin never once stopped from being a Dashnaktsakan. I suggest you read his biography as well.

Dashnaks to this day lament at how foolish they were to believe the Young Turks. They suffered immensely as a result of their mistake. They admit their mistake, they have learned form their mistakes. They also gave into demands of the Turkey Republic and the Bolsheviks in 1918 and 1921. Being alone and isolated with the country in complete ruin, they simply did not have a choice. It's easy for you to sit back a hundred years later and xxxxx about this or that. They at the time fell victim to superpower manipulations. So, taking their mistakes and brining it up every time to discredit the party in general is quite disingenuous.

All I see and hear you and your anti-ARF buddies do here is spew and spin regurgitated rumor and hearsay. Its very "peasant" of you all.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                      When the geopolitical climate in the Caucasus got unbearable General Andranik, unlike Dro and Garegin, abandoned the Armenian nation - that should tell you something. As good as Andranik was on the battlefield he had no political skills. He constantly opposed the Dashnak leadership. He was easily disgruntled. He had no political/diplomatic skills. I suggest you read this biography, there isi a good book out by a Ramkavar author.

Don't you feel ashamed of yourself? Andranik "abandoned" the Armenian nation? This lion, which dedicated his whole life to the Armenian nation, "abandoned" the Armenian nation? How low can a party finatic go!

As you know, Armenia became "independent" in 1918 from the Treaty of Batum. General Andranik had opposed sitting down with the Turks, and warned the dashnak leadership against this. And what did the Dashnaks do? following the glorious battle of Sardarapat, the traitor dashnak leadership sits down with the turks and lets them dicatate the terms of Armenia's independence.

The treaty of Batum left Armenia a territory of 4,500 square miles of rock and dirt.

This so called "independence" was forced upon the Armenians by the Turks.

In Talaat Pasha's words, the rationale for Turkey's plan to create a small Armenia on a temporary basis was: “ By creating a small Armenia we will present ourselves to the international peace conference [after the war] as having solves the Armenian Question, and therefore not be regarded as war criminals and perpetrators of the Armenian massacres.”

A few weeks later, a delegation from the Republic of Armenia (Aharonian, papadjanian, and Khatisian) went to Constantinople to revise the Batum agreement. They stayed in the Hotel Tokatlian for four months as guest of the Turkish government.

Here is what Khatisian had to say from the experience “I saw the Turks. They are as sweet as sugar, intelligent, and civilized. I am surprised that the Turkish Armenians were not able to get along with them and created an abyss between the two peoples.” –Chalabian, page 401.

The creation of the little Armenian republic was a smart cover-up for the enormous crimes committed by the Turkish government. When it comes to politics, the Turks are second to none. – Andranik was the only one with enough political maturity and foresight to see what was happening.

Here is what ARF leader Armen Garo had to say:

"I can confess today that Andranik was the only man who was not fooled by the Young Turks, and not carried away with false promises."

If the peace conference after the war went well for them and nobody asked questions about the Armenian Genocide or tried the Turks as war criminals, then they could wipe Little Armenia out as a state anytime they chose to. THEY TRIED TO DO JUST THAT IN THE FALL OF 1920.

Andranik knew that the existence of an independent Armenian state on the eastern border of their country could further their immediate political program, but it would not be in their long term national interests. He was certain that the Turks had some hidden agenda that, when uncovered, would explain why they granted “independence” to their age old enemies. To General Andranik, ratifying the terrible terms of the Treaty of batum would mean accepting the little Russian Armenian republic as the final solution to the Armenian question. Such an act would consecrate the loss of Turkish Armenia to the Turks. Andranik could not bow his lion’s head to the enslaving terms of the treat of batum, nor could he reconcile himself to the loss of Turkish Armenia, for whose liberation he had struggled for thirty years.

Andranik was extremely upset when he read the terms of the treaty of Batum:

”Russian Armenia, therefore, without Alexandrople (Gyumri), Kars, Surmalu, Karabakh, Zangezure, and without Nakhijevan.”

“Armenias army should not exceed 1,200 soldiers which should be placed under Turkish control.”

“It is forbidden to organize armed units on Armenia’s soil, and Vehib Pasha has specified that Andranik must disband his 1,200 soldiers.”

“Without the presence of General Andranik and his Special Striking Division, what is now the Zangezur district of Armenia would be party of Azerbaijan today. Without General Andranik and his men, only a miracle could have saved the sixty thousand Armenian inhabitants of the Zangezur district from complete annihilation by the Turko-Tatar forces in the fall of 1918.”—chalabian, page 409.

After completing his reading of the Treaty of Batum, Andranik sent a telegram to the commander of the Armenian army, “With the terms of this Treaty you have passed the chains of enslavement around your own necks with your own hands.”

Now, back to your statement about Andranik “abandoning” Armenia. As we noted earlier, a delegation from the republic of Armenia went constatinople in june 1918 to ‘revise’ the terms of the treaty of batum. After reviewing the document, the turks had added two more clauses, making it worse than before:

1) the republic of Armenia promises to help Turkey in its war against the Allies (England, France, the USC, ect.. –(and dashnaks like to speak of Europe abandoning them.)
                      2) The republic of Armenia promises to help the Turks to fight against General Andranik.

And lets not forget about Andraniks activities abroad. From fundraising for Armenia to humanitarian activities.

Bravo, Andranik!
                      Last edited by Artsakh; 08-26-2007, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X