Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

`Antranig and His Times' by Hratchig Simonian

http://groong.usc.edu/tcc/tcc-20050228.html

http://groong.usc.edu/tcc/tcc-20060612.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
      Artsakh Garegin remained a committed Dashnak to his death. Like many great Dashnak leaders, Garegin had serious quarrels with the Dashnak leadership. They disagreed on policy matters. However, Garegin never once stopped from being a Dashnaktsakan. I suggest you read his biography as well.
      I possess all of Njdeh's works, and some very rare items as well. I am completely Njdehakan from head to toe. I love and worship him with all of my heart and sould.

However, the fact of the matter is, Njdeh had some definite problems with the ARF leadership, which led to his resignation from the party in 1937. Read his memvours.

As regards Dro, while he was a superb military commander, he was an inexperience politician and allowed some serious political mistakes. And it was Dro who signed the handover of the Armenian republic to the bolsheviks and thereafter "abandoned" Armenia...How's that for "Death or Freedom"..
      Last edited by Artsakh; 08-26-2007, 02:28 PM.

Comment

General Andranik and the Armenian revolutionary movement, Andranig Chalabian.

I have read posts of Armenian for a long time now and personally i think he is the best poster Armenia has ever had

Sorry but on this one i can't agree with you enker Armenian: "When the geopolitical climate in the Caucasus got unbearable General Andranik, unlike Dro and Garegin, abandoned the Armenian nation"

General Andranik has dedicated his life fighting for Armenia, if he wasn't alive in those times many more Armenians had fallen to the hands of the turks.
        Maybe he was a bad politician, maybe he should listen more often to the "real politicians" but saying general Andranik abandoned the Armenian nation is not correct.

The ARF is supposed to serve the nation but it's not the nation, therefore abondoning the ARF does not mean that one is also abondoning the Armenian nation.

Comment

The dashnaks of those days were politicians, the only thing they could think about was their own, people like Andranik come maybe ones in a hundred years. The dasnak have betraid him, selling him to the Turks, you're saying that Andranik was not a great politician I say xxxx politics they needed to train a army form a allaince with Europe and xxxx the turks from evrey side not work with our enemies. Dashankner have done great things but they've also maid great mistakes like when the young turks came in power, Andranik warned the dasnaks about them but they ddin't listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
            And it was Dro who signed the handover of the Armenian republic to the bolsheviks and thereafter "abandoned" Armenia...How's that for "Death or Freedom"..
            Yeah, I'm sure you would have preferred death for the Armenian nation. Correct?

The ARF slogan "death or freedom" applies to the martiks, not the nation. Enough Martiks died at the hands of Turks and Bolsheviks to prove their slogan accurate.

Artsakh, this is perhaps the most stupid comment you have made thus far. I hope you were laughing when you wrote this. Your obsession and your futile attempts at proving yourself correct is compromising your intellectual integrity. Your comment was so stupid, such as desperate move, that I'm not even going to waste by time trying to explain it. I'm sure sane individuals can see right through it.

It's so pathetic at how low you would reach to justify your sick obsession.
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
              However, no matter how one looks at it, it's accurate. When things got geopolitically unbearable for Andranik he left for California. Simple as that. No one told him to retire in Fresno, he decided to do that all by himself.
              Are you completely ignorant?

The republic of Armenia of 1918, under Dashnak control, signed the following agreement with the Turks:

"The republic of Armenia promises to help the Turks to fight against General Andranik."

What's a miracle is that, Andranik continued to opperate secretly in Armenia for as long as he did.

Needless to say, it is kind of difficult to stay somewhere when the dashnaks have sent their entire security organs after you. It's kind of hard to operate under such circumstances. If they captured Andranik, they were going to hand him over to the Turks. Thus, Andranik had not only the external enemies-ie turks- to worry about, but also internal enemies.

before he left, the hero handed Njdeh the torch to continue the struggle.
              Last edited by Artsakh; 08-26-2007, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                The dashnaks of those days were politicians, the only thing they could think about was their own, people like Andranik come maybe ones in a hundred years. The dasnak have betraid him, selling him to the Turks, you're saying that Andranik was not a great politician I say xxxx politics they needed to train a army form a allaince with Europe and xxxx the turks from evrey side not work with our enemies. Dashankner have done great things but they've also maid great mistakes like when the young turks came in power, Andranik warned the dasnaks about them but they ddin't listen.
                Enker, I know you are young. All I can tell you is do the research yourself. Read Chalabian's biography about Andranik and Dro. Read various serious publications about the ARF. Better yet, see if you can befriend a serious ARF member. See if you can research the geopolitical climate of the Caucasus during the First World War and thereafter. Look into the role the ARF has played in the Armenian Diaspora. Look up operation Nemesis. Look up the Justice Commandos. Look into the role the ANC plays in Washington, in Artsakh, in Javakhq. And then compare what you have learned about the ARF to anything else in existence in the Armenian Diaspora.

Contemplate it all and then we'll discuss this topic further.

But whatever you do, just don't listen to all the Bolshevik era derived crap about the ARF being spewed to this day by Cold War relics. Just look it up yourself.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AR MENIA View Post
                  General Andranik and the Armenian revolutionary movement, Andranig Chalabian.
                  Yes, an excellent work by Chalabian about Andranik. He recently wrote another great biography about Drastamat "Dro" Kanayan as well.

I have read posts of Armenian for a long time now and personally i think he is the best poster Armenia has ever had

Sorry but on this one i can't agree with you enker Armenian: "When the geopolitical climate in the Caucasus got unbearable General Andranik, unlike Dro and Garegin, abandoned the Armenian nation"
                  I knew all hell would break loose once I made that comment.

However, no matter how one looks at it, it's accurate. When things got geopolitically unbearable for Andranik he left for California. Simple as that. No one told him to retire in Fresno, he decided to do that all by himself. In contrast, individuals like Garegin and Dro continued the armed struggle within and around the region in question. Even after they "wisely" and reluctantly handed over the Republic to the Bolsheviks, they moved their operations first to Iran and then elsewhere. In short, they struggled for the Armenian nation to the very end of their lives. Dro and Garegin were exceptionally unique in this regard.

Without doubt, Andranik was one of our bravest wartime leaders. His military contribution to the Armenian nation remains sacred. However, he was not a politician nor a diplomat. For example, when the Armenian nation was newly formed, when the nation could barely survive, Andranik was under the impression that with several thousand volunteers he could free Western Armenian. There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. When the ARF leadership was forced to sacrifice Gars and Ardahan for the protection of the Armenian Republic because they simply did not have the military resources nor the international backing to defend them, Andranik with several hundreds volunteers were attempting to wage a liberation war inside Western Armenia. What Andranik at the time was doing, despite its braveness, was politically/strategically foolish. He had a mind of his own, and that is never a wise thing to do in the world of real politics.

Great combat leaders have seldom proven to be good political leaders.

We find a similar situations with individuals like Jirayr Sefilian. He was a courageous war time leader, but his relative wartime fame got to his head in peace time. Unlike geniuses here who like to bring him up every time the ARF comes up in discussion, I happen to know ARF members who are relatively close to Jirayr and his legal defense team. Even they admit that Jirayr may have crossed the line. He and his group were essentially boasting about assassinating the Armenian leadership simply based on vicious rumors and hearsay. Stupid rumors such as the crap about Kocharyan selling Artsakh to the Azeris for 9 billions US dollars. What they did cannot be allowed in our nation, no armed gangs regardless of how well meaning can be allowed free reign. Armenia is not Afghanistan nor is it Zimbabwe.

And yes, there can only be one armed gang, one mafia - the central authorities. This is the case in much of the civilized world, not the least of which is the USA.

General Andranik has dedicated his life fighting for Armenia, if he wasn't alive in those times many more Armenians had fallen to the hands of the turks. Maybe he was a bad politician, maybe he should listen more often to the "real politicians" but saying general Andranik abandoned the Armenian nation is not correct.
                  What we are discussing is not meant to take anything away from his wartime record, which is impeccable. However, at times he was a loose canon. And he did essentially abandon Armenia when he gave up his armed struggle and moved to California and got married to a very young pretty chick? Was he forced to retire in sunny Cali? Was he too old? Well, I guess it's all a mater of perspective. However, as legendary as his wartime deeds were, the final chapter of his life was not fitting his persona.

The ARF is supposed to serve the nation but it's not the nation, therefore abondoning the ARF does not mean that one is also abondoning the Armenian nation.
                  This debate is not about blindly defending the ARF. I'm very critical of the party when I'm discussing such topics with well informed, objective and not obsessed individuals. However, at the same time, I admire what the party has accomplished during its 100+ years existence. I admire what it has done and continues to do in Artsakh. I admire what it is doing in Javakhq. I admire what it has done and continues to do in Lebanon and in various other diasporan communities. In short, I admire the party's history, versatility and longevity.

I'll gladly engage in critical discussion, but I will simply won't allow weirdos to unjustifiably insult, attack and slander a national institution that has sacrificed so much in the name of the Fatherland.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure you would have preferred death for the Armenian nation. Correct?

The ARF slogan "death or freedom" applies to the martiks, not the nation. Enough Martiks died at the hands of Turks and Bolsheviks to prove their slogan accurate.

However, no matter how one looks at it, it's accurate. When things got geopolitically unbearable, Dashnaks, spearheaded by Dro, signed an agreement of Armenia's handover to Bolshevik Empire after which all Armenian officers were murdered and Dro left abroad safe and sound. Simple as that. No one told him to leave, he decided to do that all by himself.

Comment

Without doubt, Andranik was one of our bravest wartime leaders. His military contribution to the Armenian nation remains sacred. However, he was not a politician nor a diplomat.
                      What does that mean he was not a politician? Can you please clarify what that means?

Even after the serious political errors that the ARF has allowed and its naieve and short-seighted policies, and even after it became clear that Andranik was right all along, you say that "he was not a politician"? what does that mean?

if being a politician, as the ARF supposedly is, means making mistakes that cost the nation to suffer, then I'd much rather have a warrior like andranik in charge, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X