Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dream car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dream car

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
    Any BMW > Any Audi except TT > Audi TT > Bicycle > Jaguar
    Well, if you don't like the TT then you are certainly not a tight arse
    I don't like the TT either but it beats ANY Japanese car.

Jaguar is an absolute xxxx box, I wouldn't even touch it.

As for BMW then there is only one which is worth having but only if you live in Armenia or Artsakh and that's the BMW X5 http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...roduction.html

Don't even mention the 3, 5 or 7 series BMW including the M3, which is a teenager car. 5 series is for the junior office wankers with ties and pink shirts and the 7series is for the senior office wankers, the CEO's.

Get yourself a Porsche 911, even if you have to lease it, that's the best car small money can buy.

Comment

Originally posted by HayotzAmrotz View Post
      Well, if you don't like the TT then you are certainly not a tight arse
      I don't like the TT either but it beats ANY Japanese car.
      What do you mean by beats? Performance-wise? Because Japanese cars are FAR superior in quality to anything American, OR European. BTW, the TT is a pile of crap, and around here, it's considered a chick car. I pounded the crap out of one a while back with an 18 year old, 3,500 lb, V6 powered Pontiac.

Jaguar is an absolute xxxx box, I wouldn't even touch it.
      Agreed. They weren't great to begin with, and being under Ford ownership finished off what little quality there was.

As for BMW then there is only one which is worth having but only if you live in Armenia or Artsakh and that's the BMW X5 http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...roduction.html
      I disagree. BMW (or any luxury vehicle company for that matter, save for Land Rover) has no business dabbling in the SUV market. They're usually way too expensive for what you get, and have the off-road capabilities of a go-kart. They need to stick to overpriced coupes and sedans.

Don't even mention the 3, 5 or 7 series BMW including the M3, which is a teenager car. 5 series is for the junior office wankers with ties and pink shirts and the 7series is for the senior office wankers, the CEO's.
      This is absolutely true. However, the same can be said about ANY of the overpriced European luxury cars. Most people who own Beamers, Mercedes, Audis, etc. don't even know how to check their own oil, let alone know anything about cars. They're not buying them because those brands are "good quality". They're usually jackasses buying them as status symbols. Like the old joke goes:

Q: What's the difference between a BMW (or insert any overpriced luxury brand here), and a porcupine?
      A: On a porcupine, the pricks are on the OUTside.

Get yourself a Porsche 911, even if you have to lease it, that's the best car small money can buy.
      For $75k, I'd MUUUCH rather have a Corvette Z06. Even Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear, who LOVES to do nothing but rip on American cars, admitted that the Z06 is a nice piece of machinery.
      Last edited by Crimson Glow; 05-10-2008, 10:44 AM.

Comment

BMW 3, 5, 6, 7 > BMW X5

BMW M3 >[List a car]

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow View Post
          What do you mean by beats? Performance-wise? Because Japanese cars are FAR superior in quality to anything American, OR European. BTW, the TT is a pile of crap, and around here, it's considered a chick car. I pounded the crap out of one a while back with an 18 year old, 3,500 lb, V6 powered Pontiac.
          Nice talking to someone who knows his cars.

As you might recall I suggested the TT for the tight arses, in other words everywhere in the world TT is not considered a great car BUT that’s was NOT my point. My point was that by “beats” I mean the most important thing in the car: The Built Quality. The TT, just like any other Audi, are one of the highest quality built cars in the world. You can ask Jeremy Clarkson form the Top Gear (just email him) and he will tell you the same thing. Built quality wise nothing comes close to the 3 Italians (Lambo, Mazerati and Ferrari) and 2 Germans (Audi and Porsche). The ONLY exceptions are Toyota (incl. Lexus) and to some degree Subaru but that’s it, the rest of Japanese cars when it comes to built quality are absolute crap. But much better than Koreans of course.

As for performance then there are only two Jap cars that are worth talking about when it comes to power: The Subaru WRX STi and Mitsubishi Evolution. These are two pocket rockets and I do like them but while they smash the sh-it out of any stock BMW M3 and any stock American V8 they’ll never beat a stock Porsche 911 Turbo unless you tune the STi or Evo to over 250 kw at the wheels and have a very good driver.

I disagree. BMW (or any luxury vehicle company for that matter, save for Land Rover) has no business dabbling in the SUV market. They're usually way too expensive for what you get, and have the off-road capabilities of a go-kart. They need to stick to overpriced coupes and sedans.
          I never said the BMW X5 is the best off-road or SUV car, I said out of all BMW’s the X5 is worth having, that’s all. And if you paid further attention to what I said you’ll notice that I said “in Armenia and in Artsakh”. That’s because two things are at play over there: bad roads and big egos so, if you drive a Toyota LandCruiser 200 (which is an awesome 4WD, it’s one of the best) then your ego will not be served, it will suffer. Do you know what I’m saying, my friend?

For $75k, I'd MUUUCH rather have a Corvette Z06. Even Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear, who LOVES to do nothing but rip on American cars, admitted that the Z06 is a nice piece of machinery.
          That Corvette is a 7 liter V8, by the time it will get to go-go the Porsche will be already gone. Of course once the Corvette is going it will go very nicely and probably will beat an ordinary Porsche Carrera BUT bring in the Turbo and Z06 will look like a dinosaur trying to catch a leopard. Then again I accept that for the same $75K it’s a better choice BUT ONLY if you are an American, like you are. No European will choose a Corvette over a Carrera.

Comment

I forgot to mention the best Japanese pocket rocket, the most powerful and to me the most desirable Japanese car ever: The 2009 Nissan GT-R. http://www.gtrnissan.com/

I haven't driven one because it's not available yet BUT on the paper it is the very best Japan has to offer and I'm sure it is going to become a legendary car.

Comment

Nice talking to someone who knows his cars.

As you might recall I suggested the TT for the tight arses, in other words everywhere in the world TT is not considered a great car BUT that’s was NOT my point. My point was that by “beats” I mean the most important thing in the car: The Built Quality. The TT, just like any other Audi, are one of the highest quality built cars in the world. You can ask Jeremy Clarkson form the Top Gear (just email him) and he will tell you the same thing. Built quality wise nothing comes close to the 3 Italians (Lambo, Mazerati and Ferrari) and 2 Germans (Audi and Porsche). The ONLY exceptions are Toyota (incl. Lexus) and to some degree Subaru but that’s it, the rest of Japanese cars when it comes to built quality are absolute crap. But much better than Koreans of course.
              That's open for debate. I would definitely put over all Toyota build quality above Audi (perhaps not Porsche, though). European cars in general are actually notorious for quality problems, contrary to what Jeremy might say (btw, he's not the end all-be all by ANY means when it comes to cars; I only brought him up because as much as he despises American cars, at least he gave the 'Vette a lot of credit, saying it performed better around the track than just about anything he's driven). Subaru is hit or miss, depending on the model. Same with Honda. Some of their cars are terrific as far as quality (which resale values indicate), and some not so much. But I definitely would not put the Audi TT above several Japanese cars for its price-range.

As for performance then there are only two Jap cars that are worth talking about when it comes to power: The Subaru WRX STi and Mitsubishi Evolution. These are two pocket rockets and I do like them but while they smash the sh-it out of any stock BMW M3 and any stock American V8 they’ll never beat a stock Porsche 911 Turbo unless you tune the STi or Evo to over 250 kw at the wheels and have a very good driver.
              Smashes the sh*t out of any stock American V8? Let's not get carried away. The Charger SRT8 does the quarter in the same time (low 13's), as does the new Challenger SRT8, the 300 SRT8, the Pontiac GTO (the 6.0L ones from '05-'06), the Pontiac G8 GXP (coming at the end of this year), and the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 actually does high 12's bone stock. Don't get me wrong, the Evo and WRX are VERY impressive for being tiny 4-bangers, but they still can't make up for raw muscle. Not to mention, the Evo and WRX are highly tuned cars without too much room to tweak them any further (unless you spring for a bigger turbo set-up). If any of those 8 cylinders were to get so much as headers, or a cam, they'd roast those 2 off of pure engine power (not forced induction, not intercoolers, etc). And if you so felt inclined to boost those 8's....well....lord help your imports at that point. Christ, it would take about $500 with the proper combo of modifications to get my Grand Prix GTP to keep up with a WRX STi or Evo, and those are 3,600 lb family cars loaded with options.

I never said the BMW X5 is the best off-road or SUV car, I said out of all BMW’s the X5 is worth having, that’s all. And if you paid further attention to what I said you’ll notice that I said “in Armenia and in Artsakh”. That’s because two things are at play over there: bad roads and big egos so, if you drive a Toyota LandCruiser 200 (which is an awesome 4WD, it’s one of the best) then your ego will not be served, it will suffer. Do you know what I’m saying, my friend?
              Well....first of all, with the poor conditions of most of Armenia, I didn't know people were in a position to have egos over there. Secondly, I still wouldn't consider the X5 to be the best Beamer to have. And I suggested the Land Rover, not to be confused with Toyota's Land Cruiser. The Land Rover is also a snob brand, but at least it is one of the worlds best off-roading SUVs (if not THE best), so you serve the ego, AND it's actually capable of what it was meant for, where as an X5 can only serve the ego.

That Corvette is a 7 liter V8, by the time it will get to go-go the Porsche will be already gone. Of course once the Corvette is going it will go very nicely and probably will beat an ordinary Porsche Carrera BUT bring in the Turbo and Z06 will look like a dinosaur trying to catch a leopard. Then again I accept that for the same $75K it’s a better choice BUT ONLY if you are an American, like you are. No European will choose a Corvette over a Carrera.
              The size of the motor has nothing to do with how long a motor takes to get up and go. That actually boils down to engine design/set-up (push-rod vs. DOHC), and transmission gearing. A DOHC can make more hp/liter due to much better breathing, and 4 cams vs. 1, but it takes a lot longer to get to its max power. In this case, the Corvette actually has the advantage, as it is a push-rod motor, which means instant torque. The Carrera being a DOHC will actually need to get up there in RPMs to hit its powerband. And if you're going to bring in a Turbo with a nearly $130k price tag, you need to pin it against the $100k supercharged Corvette ZR1, which has 638hp, ceramic pads and rotors, lots of carbon fiber body parts, and will do the 1/4 in the 10's. This is a world class car that can compete with just about any production vehicle at this time. And though this is a matter of taste, I prefer the looks of the ZR1 FAR more over the Carrera. Porsches have always been phenomenal performers with solid quality engineering, but I've always found the proportions in their designs to be very odd looking. Not a big fan of the "egg on wheels" styling.

Of course it won't sell well in Europe, as no one is going to give the car a fair chance over there. They have their love fest with Porsche, and I understand that/can certainly see why. But if we're discussing capabilities of cars, as opposed to a popularity contest, the ZR1 is certainly worthy competition (and in most cases, annihilates the competition) even against cars MUCH more expensive than its $100k price tag.

Comment

Not to mention, the Evo and WRX are highly tuned cars without too much room to tweak them any further (unless you spring for a bigger turbo set-up).
                Hahaha… I’m sorry dude but I just couldn’t help it.
                The factory stock Evo and WRX are not “highly tuned cars” at all, they are absolutely not tweaked because they have to comply with literally hundreds of government safety regulations so, the manufacturer sells you a pretty harmless puppy. It is you who creates the beast! It takes a lot of money, knowledge and talent to create it but people do it and believe me I know these cars pretty well and I’ve personally seen them ripping the hearts out of many big V8’s that were extremely tweaked including mentioned by you 300 SRT8 and the Pontiac GTO. I have the feeling that you don’t know the Rexies and Evos terribly well because where I live these two are bred like pit bulls and thrown against other cars. I’m talking about illegal street-racing of very big proportions. And I’m yet to see a one single American V8 winning a race. It’s either, a WRX, a Skyline or an EVO. These cars eat highly tuned V8’s for dinner every single race. Trust me, they do! For example on Friday 13 July 2007 I saw a nearly brand new but nicely tuned white Mustang Shelby trashed by my friend’s silver 2005 WRX. Yes, he is a mad driver and his car is pretty unique (308 kw atw) but still the fact is the Shelby got flogged big time. And guess what the Shelby’s owner said? “It’s Friday the 13th that’s why I lost”. Hahaha…

Anyway, it's nice talking to you and I hope we can continue to do so in the future.

P.S. Big American Cars Suck!

Comment

Well, the initial conversation was about stock vs. stock, in which case, every car I named WILL either keep up, or beat an STi, or Evo. As far as modding, I'm well aware of regulations and EPA restrictions and such. All cars are bogged down with this. But what I mean by fairly tweaked car is, for example, the STi coming from the factory with a watercooled intercooler, increased boost, etc. over the other models. You can't go too terribly further with the FACTORY set-up (in other words, with just simple bolt-ons, and computer reprogramming), which is why I said to really see much faster times, you need to "spring for a bigger turbo set-up". Obviously, you can get far more power if you're willing to upgrade turbos, injectors, etc. But if we're going to go down that route, then we need to be fair, and compare those cars to American V8's that have slapped on a turbo or supercharger, in which case, the above listed cars will have NO problems hitting 11's, if not 10's with the right set-up, and a qualified tuner. BTW, what is your definition of a "highly-tuned" American V8?

As to how fast your buddy's WRX is, that thing must be a BEAST to beat a car that runs high 12's bone stock, let alone tuned/moddified. It wouldn't take much for a Shelby to hit 11's (cam, headers, bigger exhaust, and a cold air intake). It's entirely possible that the guy doesn't know what he's doing as far as modding, OR driving, if he's done anything to it at all. Too many people just buy cars like those because they're fast from the factory, and they have the money to buy it. Obviously if you pin it against something with $10k in mods, it's not going to win with a couple of bolt on parts.

There are also too many people who have no idea what they're doing when it comes to modding. They just buy a car that's popular/has a strong following, and pretend they have a clue. For example, you'd be amazed at how many idiots immediately throw on a smaller pulley on the GTPs, and fail to realize you absolutely HAVE to have supporting mods to do this if you don't want some serious KR, such as a TRUE cold air intake (not just a K&N on the end of the stock tubing), colder spark plugs and thermostat, deleting the u-bend in the exhaust (either through welding a straight piece in there, or 3" downpipe, or headers), and a reprogrammed computer to run all that. I'm sure there are just as many idiots in the import tuning world that have no clue what they're doing.

By the way, I don't know how any man feels comfortable behind the wheel of those subcompacts. I'm not big or tall by any means, but it bugs the crap out of me to get into anything smaller than a mid-sized car. Plus I like my gadgets. It's not all about speed and performance.

Comment

When I was younger I used to be a lot into WRX/Evo/Skyline. I owned them and heavily modded them. From just the top of my head this is the list of typical mods for example on one of my former WRX's. It was a 2 litre 2004 model that made 324kw atw on it's last dyno run.

- 2.2 Block
                    - custom billet crank 2.35 capacity
                    - cp pistons
                    - pauter conrods
                    - O ringed, sleaved and fully closed deck block
                    - subaru rings and bearings
                    - all crack tested and blueprinted
                    - fully ported heads with large race valves, and custom cams
                    - Extrude honed inlet manifold
                    - SMW Head studs
                    - gt spec headers equal length
                    - FP TD06 red Turbo, 3 inch inlet housing, ported at all ends
                    - Large Hyperflow front mount intercooler
                    - Perrin silicone turbo intake.
                    - Custom cold air intake
                    - Custom fuel system including fuel surge tank
                    - 850cc STI injectors with MRT fuel rails.
                    - Blitz ID3 dual solenoid boost controller with power meter
                    - Ecutek 3 ECU

Anyway, nowdays I prefer Porsche 911 Turbo, mainly because I've simply grown up

Comment

In order for a car to be a "dream car", it must have spinners.

I don't see spinners in those pictures.

Comment

Working...
                      X