Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

There are SAM site overviews for Google Earth, it's actually quite interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
      A good strategy.
      Hey, anybody following that thread.............if you see something you don't like or you think I should or should not say something please speak out. I can use the help. Some of you guys are way ahead of power curve in this regard. I will try to updated every other day unless questions come up and I happen to see it.

Thanks guys.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        Hey, anybody following that thread.............if you see something you don't like or you think I should or should not say something please speak out. I can use the help. Some of you guys are way ahead of power curve in this regard. I will try to updated every other day unless questions come up and I happen to see it.

Thanks guys.
        I've read through the site and I actually think the members are not anti-Armenian, in fact, they often get exasperated with the Turks. As long as you remain magnanimous, consise, and stick to the topic, folks seem generally ok.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

“Azerbaijan should demand Armenia to give maps and data sheets of the mine fields in the case of peace agreement”, said Chairman of the Azerbaijan Public Union for Anti-Mine Campaign Hafiz Safikhanov.

He said the issue of mine clearing in the Azerbaijani territories was on agenda before the release of the Madrid Principles. “British HALO TRUST is conducting mine sweep in Nagorno-Karabakh, but this organization didn’t officially address and report to the government of Azerbaijan and didn’t pay attention to its demands.

“Azerbaijani Army liberated nearly 30 villages from the occupation in the successful winter operations in 1994 and since than the Defense Ministry’s pioneer troops cleared nearly 41,000 mines in the dirty fields of those villages. Nagorno Karabakh and nearby regions have been under the occupation since 1993 and both battle fields and buffer zones were mined. If peace agreement is reached, the field engineers must be sent there before the civilians to identify scale of danger," he said.

Safikhanov said Armenia didn’t join the UN Mine Ban Convention so far under the pretext of Nagorno Karabakh conflict.

/APA/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/politics/53827.html

thats just brilliant. in case of a peace agreement.

Comment

“Azerbaijani Army liberated nearly 30 villages from the occupation in the successful winter operations in 1994 ...
            Must have been a major operation. Do not recal any such story.

Is there any substance to this or just slanted propaganda.
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

well it real did happen in azeri history. if u read an azeri history book u can see that after Russia attacked azerbaijan, there "brave" soldiers, who were only equipped with sticks and sling shots, were able to repel the advancing azeri tanks and took those lands back from the russians. its all in there history book. u can purchase the book at barnes and noble under the fantasy section.
              Its just a load of bull yet again. i mean we should already be used to it. ask them to show proof and that should quite them down.

Comment

These operations "liberation and mine clearing" must have cost a few bob.
                Another way to balance the books.
                Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

I think we must look it from another angle, a new war could end up disastrous for Armenia, even if we win and maintain Artsakh. As we all know, Armenians are not famous for making kids, compared to the Azeri/Turks. Even if they are poor, they somehow manage to make a lot of children.

We have a population of about 2-3 million in Armenia, that is really thé minimum population for a nation to survive. If another, more heavier and deadlier war breaks out, how many people will flee this time?

Artsakh will be turned into a war errupted dead zone again, and this time they might even begin attacking Armenia from above. Even if a half a million people would flee, only two million Armenians would remain. If so, they have achieved their goal. They will still have about eight million population in Azerbaboonistan.

It is a long-term project, they are inflicting damage to us over the past hundreds of years, we as a nation are getting smaller and smaller, and if nothing is done (like untill now) the future is not bright.

Another war will break out, people will flee, Azerbaboonistan might loose, but what about the war after this war, if they have a population of 12 million and only 2 million Armenians are left in Armenia? (And if there are more than a million of Azerbaboons in Georgia, and just less then 150.00 Armenians left in Javakh).

I think this is a serious threat, and actually the most dangerous threat that excist for the Republic of Armenia. We must deal with the corrupt thieves in Armenia, try to build a wealthy country and first try to higher the standards of living for our brothers and sisters, whereafter we can locate our goal for other Armenians to repatriate back to Armenia as soon as possible.

It's just a shame that the mentality of most of the Armenians has been damaged perminatly, and they do not care about Armenia, but only think of themselves.

I have had two j-e-w-s in my class, both of them have repatriated back to Israel with their whole family. They also paid a monthly fee to Israel, because they had an Israeli passport, could you imagine an Armenian outside of Armenia pay 3-5% of his wage monthly to our government for support?

This, ofcourse, has to do with the corruption what really needs to change (even though almost every Israeli minister has been accused of corruption too), but I had a conversation last week with hayastanci's where I was telling about a Dutch organisation that supports children in Armenia, and we could ''adopt'' children for only 10 euro's a month to help them.

Immediatly they began telling that they are stealing all the money, and why should they? Nobody is to be trusted in Armenia. Even though they have enough money, they are not even prepared to donate 10 euro's for the sake of children.

There are a lot of good examples too, but the mentality of the majority if xxxxed-up, I think.

Also, we should never think that we could easily win, but must always focus on the worst case scenario. And ofcourse, the broader consequences of the war.

Last edited by Tigranakert; 07-15-2009, 10:52 PM.

Comment

First from were did u get the idea that a nation has to be 100 million to survive just take a look at Sweden or Norway Holland Baltic states,Israel,its all about the laws and political system in the country.
                    Sarkisyan were right in 1 thing we should adopt European models of those above countries.

Comment

Working...
                    X