Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

По имеющейся информации, в 2011 году ОАО "Рособоронэкспорт" были заключены контракты на поставку партий танков Т-90С производства ОАО "НПК "Уралвагонзавод" Азербайджану и Туркмении.
    По имеющейся информации, в 2011 году ОАО Рособоронэкспорт были заключены контракты на поставку партий танков Т-90С производства ОАО НПК Уралвагонзавод Азербайджану и Туркмении. Поставка Министерству обороны России 36 боевых машин новой РСЗО Торнадо-Г на…

so, T-90 is coming to Armenian army in near future?

Comment

"vahram sorry,i cant understand west armenian,thats why i talk english, but if you can my armenian,no problem, "

We should speak more Armenian amongst us especially when we are talking about tactical stuff this way we are the only ones listening

The only place an Armenian should teach a toork something is another lesson on the battlefield

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
        http://bmpd.livejournal.com/160070.html

so, T-90 is coming to Armenian army in near future?
        what? There is no word about T90's in Armenia, i've heard about turkmenistan,but if azeris will get t90 its will be little serious
        Last edited by HyeFighter2; 02-09-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
          "vahram sorry,i cant understand west armenian,thats why i talk english, but if you can my armenian,no problem, "

We should speak more Armenian amongst us especially when we are talking about tactical stuff this way we are the only ones listening

The only place an Armenian should teach a toork something is another lesson on the battlefield
          since there are more than 100 people reading this maybe talk English a lot, and trust me no one here has any tactical things that need to be hidden from the enemy. If you can find it on the web so can they.

Comment

"and trust me no one here has any tactical things that need to be hidden from the enemy. If you can find it on the web so can they. "

Not talking about finding anything on the net, in that case you are right. I'm talking about ideas that we are coming up with in the open! There are things we can do with Scuds, this is not on the web, and I mentioned this once before but I did it in my messed up Armenian. You might not think it had any tactical value and you have a right to your opinion but what if there is value in it? This should be open for toorks to see?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
              Civilian aircraft are normally on a flight plan that can be forwarded to the Air Defense headquarders. Also they are suppose to transmit (sqwak) a certain transponder code assigned by the air traffic controllers which again can be relayed to proper defense authorities. In case of preceived airtrikes all civilian flight will be canceled, time permitting...No VFR flights will be permitted.

Also our military jets would have what we call an IFF (in Flight Friend or Fow) with coded transmission that will distinguish between a friendly aircraft and the enemy. Also all aircraft have different radar signature, to a trained eye it could be possible to tell what type of the aircraft it is, especially if its flying at its max performance.
              Let us not forget that during the war an Armenian Su-25 was shot by friendly fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Aralez View Post
                Azeri air force list includes the JF-17: 4 (delivered?)/26 (ordered?)

Also, they are trying to buy Israeli Heron-TP UAV which has a sensor package good enough to allow UAV to stay at medium altitude (12,000 meters) and may be able to carry air to surface missiles:

Brazilian MAR-1 anti-radar missile added to Pakistani JF-17, China trying to make stealth version of JF-17:

I do not know if the JF-17 is any better than the MiG-29? The turks do not get independence from Russia as a supplier, because the engine is a Russian engine. Maybe they can buy weapons for this plane that Russia will not sell them for their MiG-29s.
                LoL! in the site most of the Armenian flrrt numbers are wrong.

Comment

Air force (Armenia), Air force

Assessment
                  The Armenian Air Force is equipped with a modest number of operational but ageing aircraft. To date, the focus has been on providing credible tactical and national air defences, although there are still significant shortcomings in terms of national capability.Unlike most former Soviet republics, Armenia had no legacy air force bases on its territory and no combat aircraft were stationed there. Most of the equipment acquired came from civilian stock (transport helicopters and small fixed-winged aircraft), Russian bases in Georgia and North Caucasus (attack helicopters) or was purchased from Slovakia in 2004 (such as Su-25 ground support aircraft). However, the use of these aircraft in combat is likely to be hampered by absence of a fighter force and limits of the ground-based air defence umbrella. Despite these shortcomings, there are no public plans for expansion of the air arm, although acquisitions from Russia have been rumoured. This is likely because of a jointly operated Russian-Armenian air defence command centre near Yerevan, the integration of Armenia's national system into the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) air defence network and the stationing of current generation Russian air and air defence systems in their country, Armenia has seen a significant upgrade to its air defence capabilities. The continuation of this military co-operation agreement that provides for this support allows Yerevan to forgo pursuing expensive air force capabilities in the short-term.That said, Armenia has acquired battlefield-mobile, ground-based tactical air defences to help counter an anticipated increase in the number of enemy airborne ground attack

Assessment
                  Since independence, Armenia has been at a disadvantage in terms of air force capabilities, although transport aircraft - particularly Mi-8 helicopters - played a crucial role in supplying self-defence forces in Nagorno-Karabakh, particularly at the start of the 1988-1994 conflict when ground communications were not available. Throughout the war, Armenia also occasionally deployed Mi-24 attack helicopters and, less frequently, Su-25 ground support aircraft. One each was lost in combat, with the Su-25 a victim of friendly fire.In terms of air defence, at the outset of the conflict, Armenian forces relied on the mix of air defence guns (mostly ZSU-23s) and man-portable air defence systems (Strelas and Iglas) to bring down at least ten fixed-wing Azerbaijani aircraft and a similar number of helicopters. In the face of these ground-based counter-actions, Azerbaijan effectively suspended air-to-ground attack missions weeks before the formal cease-fire was implemented.Since then, Armenia has used a combination of ground-based air defences and its own Su-25 aircraft to deter Azerbaijan intrusions, especially those by unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs); it has also reportedly begun production of indigenous UAVs.

janes.com

Comment

ZSU-23-4 "shilka"
                    In wiki in the name of operators other than Armenia there is the name of Nagorno-Karabakh.

Comment

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
                      Let us not forget that during the war an Armenian Su-25 was shot by friendly fire.
                      and the pilot beat up by his countrymen after ejecting safely, Ouch!.........I can't think of nothing worse than getting shotdown by friendly fire.

I would assume Armenia's air defence system of today to be more advanced and coordinated, however one should always fly with one's eye on one's six (in case) because misidentifications always happen even in best conditions using advanced systems, then you have operator and human factors.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X