Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

nice thread zoravar I think this compliments all the other threads we have going that deal with politics, war, etc and allows them to specialize more in their specific purposes.

Comment

Thank you dear hayrenagitsner.

The military situation is something that we sould be all aware of. The danger is always there. We must remain on top of things. The Azeris have shown their aggressive intentions and will not miss an opportunity to exploit any weakness from our side.

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
      Excellent thread, enker Zoravar. A question. Do you have any information about how Armenian forces in Artskah are deployed, stationed and/or protected? How do they protect their radars, surface-to-surface missiles/rockets, air defense systems, main battle tanks, attack helicopters, command-and-control facilities, their generals, etc? Are deep bunkers utilized? Is ammunition and weaponry stored throughout the territory in undisclosed locations. Does Armenia have forces within striking distance of the territory?
      Even if I had the answers to your questions, I would not reveal them on an open forum like this one. These would be closely guarded military secrets, but I have no doubts that our military high command is doing a good job to ensure the defense of our territories.

Putting aside geopolitics and Artsakh's military capability, I am more concerned about Azerbaijan's 'first strike' capability. In your opinion, would they be able to knock out Artsakh's defenses with one massive strike?
      You have a very valid concern.
      My personal opinion: With a coordinated, well planned and motivated effort, the Azeris can breach our defenses at some places. But, due to the nature and topography of NK (wooded and mountainous with few roads) they cannot make quick advances. Even larger armies can't. Unlike the deserts of the Middle-East, the terrain is very suitable for defense and does not favour the attacker. We should be able to contain their advance and make them pay a price for their move. Most of the time, they will not be able to take advantage of their numerical superiority (think of the 300 Spartans). Conquering NK cannot be achieved in short period of time. We are ready for them. In a matter of days they will loose momentum and motivation. The situation will eventually become similar to the later stages of the 1990's war.

What worries me more is the amount of damage they can inflict on NK and in particular the civilian population in Stepanakerd. I will touch on this issue in a later post.

Originally posted by Artsakh

Uhhh, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Are u stupid? It isn't a matter of numbers, it isn't a matter of weapons, it isn't about who's richer....it's all about brains. It's the hye and the esh Azeri... no matter what u do, the esh will remain and esh.... the israeli scenario is similiar........a tiny country surrounded by an ocean of esh arabs... the esh arab will remain an esh arab and the joo would continue fuking their women.
      You may be expressing your opinion in an inappropriate manner, but you do have a point: It is not how much your defense budget is, it is how you spend it. And I promise to povide my own analysis on how the Azeris are spending their petro-money on weaponry.

And I would not underestimate them and call them esh or baboon. We have to take them and their intentions seriously...for our own good.

Originally posted by KarotheGreat

This is the mentality we don't need, we need to be sharp. A rusted sword can not cut. We don't need to underestimate the enemy, or overestimate our own power; that could be deadly.
      100% correct. But also, we should also not overestimate the enemy and underestimate our own power. We should keep ourselves sharp and be ready for every eventuality.

Originally posted by jgk3

nice thread zoravar I think this compliments all the other threads we have going that deal with politics, war, etc and allows them to specialize more in their specific purposes.
      Yes, I hope this thread will be interesting and informative. I intend to post in due course a lot of interesting things.

BTW, all the information will be from open and readily accessible public sources. No classified stuff or anything like that.
      Last edited by ZORAVAR; 09-14-2008, 09:25 PM.

Comment

WEAPONS PRODUCTION IN ARMENIA

1. Small arms factory video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nNVkWQTOPA

Production of K-2 Pistol, K-3 Assault rifle and K-11 sniper rifle. Submachinegun under development.

2. Ammunition factory video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4llm5prpzs4

Production of ammunition of various calibers.

3. Military vehicles production: If you have been in Armenia you might have come accross vehicles like these. These are modifications of some well known models.

Last edited by ZORAVAR; 09-14-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I was just going to post those videos. There are some other related videos I will dig up and post later.

That last vehicle, what is it based on? BRDM?

EDIT: Can we get an idea of what is being said in the small arms vid?

Comment

Last year's France 24 video reports regarding Artsakh.

Nagorno-Karabakh, a self proclaimed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AoVTU80Ycc

FRANCE24-EN-REPORTERS-SITUATION-IN-THE-NAGORNO-KARABAGH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBF3L45Lu-M
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ZORAVAR View Post
              Even if I had the answers to your questions, I would not reveal them on an open forum like this one. These would be closely guarded military secrets, but I have no doubts that our military high command is doing a good job to ensure the defense of our territories.
              Regarding Artsakh's abilities to defend its military assets. General information can be made available without compromising the actual defenses. Also, such information can serve the dual purpose of being used as a form of psychological warfare against Baku and a public relations tool for domestic consumption. Anyway, when you say you "have no doubt our military high command is doing a good job to ensure the defense of our territories," it this based on information you know or is it speculation? Based on readily available information, we can all more-or-less speculate that all is well in Artsakh, militarily speaking. However, this general sense of well being is precisely at the root of my fear.

WEAPONS PRODUCTION IN ARMENIA
              Armenia has been producing small arms and modifying military vehicles since the 1990s. What I want to know is if Armenia's arms industry has gone past manufacturing small arms? If not, is anything planned?

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                Anyway, when you say you "have no doubt our military high command is doing a good job to ensure the defense of our territories," it this based on information you know or is it speculation? Based on readily available information, we can all more-or-less speculate that all is well in Artsakh, militarily speaking.
                All my information is from publicly available sources. I have no secrets. But, knowing a thing or two about military matters, I can make my own conclusions. As much as possible, I try to be objective and avoid being blinded by patriotism and stay away from bias.

Stay tuned right here for some of my own analysis.

However, this general sense of well being is precisely at the root of my fear.
                Believe me, I go to bed every night with that same thought in mind. We must never let our guard down.

What I want to know is if Armenia's arms industry has gone past manufacturing small arms?
                A lot of this information is hush-hush. The government is not divulging much. I would also take with a bucket of salt any information/news I hear on Yerevan streets from our average Gago or Yester

If not, is anything planned?
                Well, you know our people and nation. We are very creative and can make bread out of rocks. We never stop inventing, tinkering, modifying and trying new things...
                Any investment in that field will bring guaranteed positive results.

Do you have photos of the recent (March) clashes in Karabagh?

Comment

Stay tuned right here for some of my own analysis.
                  Anhamber sbasum em:

Do you have photos of the recent (March) clashes in Karabagh?
                  I saw a short video that was released shortly after the clash last March, but no photos. If you have any please post them. If you know anyone in Yerevan that may have military contacts please ask them if they know any information about a clash that took place in Nagorno Karabagh during the Russian defensive in Georgia.

Btw, do you post in any other discussion forums? I have a good feeling you post in military related sites. I have limited military background. I am very familiar with weapons systems and military history. But I'm have no where near the level of military knowledge you seem to posses.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Some creative modifications by our dgherk:

Russian made BMP-1 Infantry fighting vehicle. Our technicians have modified them by adding twin 23mm guns on the existing turret.

A BRDM-2 that had its 14.5mm gun replaced by a more powerfull 23mm.

BTR-70 armoured troop carriers that have been extensively modernized:
                    - 14.5mm machine gun replaced by a 23 mm
                    - Completely redone rear of the vehicle and adapted a different engine.

Comment

Official reports more fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh

BAKU, Azerbaijan: More than 20 Azerbaijani and Armenian soldiers have been killed in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh since July, an Azerbaijan government official said Thursday. Armenia disputed the claim.

Eldar Sabirogly, a spokesman for the Azerbaijan defense ministry, said at least 15 Armenian soldiers died during that period. He said the number of Azerbaijani soldiers was about half that number.

However, officials with Armenia's defense ministry said that Armenia had lost no soldiers during that period. Officials in Nagorno-Karabakh, which lies within Azerbaijan, also said their forces had seen no losses.

Both sides routinely accuse the other of breaking a cease-fire and try to highlight one another's military losses.

Armenian and ethnic Armenian forces drove Azerbaijan out of Nagorno-Karabakh in one of the bloodiest conflicts of the post-Soviet era. Some 30,000 people were killed and about 1 million were driven from their homes before the cease-fire was reached in 1994.

The lack of resolution on the region's status has held up development in the strategic South Caucasus region and raised fears of a new war between the two countries.

From http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...an-Armenia.php
                      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Working...
                      X