Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
    Well, about counterattacking, don't the azeris put mines everywhere in their controlled territory around NKR? I'd expect this to be a more serious case during a second war than in the first, as they've had a good 15 years now to plant mines all over the place. I mean, even 15 years ago they managed to make Armenian occupied territories of NKR full of mines.
    The fleeing azeri troops and armour would probably take care of a good number of the minefields (themselves too!) and as someone else supposes, many routes could be opened up by multi-rocket clearances.
    baku knows all this and would only ever launch an offensive if :
    a) they identify any weakness in Artsakh and/or Armenia
    b) the ruling dictatorship of azeri is threatened by internal opponents

Joseph, your post was really well put and covered most salient points.

Eddo jan, if it does, God forbid, happen.......I'll be looking for my wingman at Zvartnots.

Comment

S-300 in Armenia

Your humble ZORAVAR is hereby posting the first ever photo of the S-300 anti-air missile system in Armenia.

The photo shows the massive mast-mounted 76N6 long range accquisition radar of the potant Russian designed S-300 missile. The missiles themselves should be hidden somewhere around in the hills. Those who have any doubts of the location of the photo, have a close look at the lower left corner of the photo...

Note that this is not the Russian mannned S-300V batteries that are in Armenia. The S-300 and S-300V are completely diferent systems. The one in the photo above is manned by our soldiers.

Both S-300and S-300V are long range area denial systems that are protecting our airspace.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
        The fleeing azeri troops and armour would probably take care of a good number of the minefields (themselves too!) and as someone else supposes, many routes could be opened up by multi-rocket clearances.
        baku knows all this and would only ever launch an offensive if :
        a) they identify any weakness in Artsakh and/or Armenia
        b) the ruling dictatorship of azeri is threatened by internal opponents

Joseph, your post was really well put and covered most salient points.

Eddo jan, if it does, God forbid, happen.......I'll be looking for my wingman at Zvartnots.
        Consider yourself covered...........Rule #1 You never ever leave your wingman no matter what.

D3ADSY: man I couldn't give a rats ass what they think or what their opinions are on that racist website but when we get bad mouthed I cannot remain silent. There is a large traffic there and our message (our side) needs to get out. For now I am measuring the site but I cannot just sit and let them get away with their crap. It is a very tricky place to post. These are no ordinary Turks and the website is somewhat pro Turkish (but not all the way).
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Both S-300and S-300V are long range area denial systems that are protecting our airspace.
          ZORAVAR

Thank you for the photo.

Is the airspace of Karabagh covered either from Armenia or from within Karabagh with such systems.

How deep into Azerbaijan would you say.
          Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

ZORAVAR nice photo.

The other day I wanted to map out some things using google map, marking out places like sam sites, airbases and fortifications on the front line but I gave up. The information is difficult to come by and as for the map work, well I'm not that good.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that S-300 pic Zoravar.
              Last edited by Aslanov; 07-14-2009, 09:13 AM.

Comment

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Azerbaijan itself initiated the informational and real warfare against Armenia, Director of Noravank scientific-educational foundation Gagik Harutyunyan told jouirnalists today. “We must always be prepared for war. The more we are prepared, the less the prospects for resuming war operations,” Armenian expert stressed.

According to him, Armenia today has the strongest and most efficient army in the region, despite the fact that Azerbaijan increases its military budget. “I am sure that Baku perfectly realizes that it may suffer defeat in case of resuming war operations. That’s the main impediment to its bellicose plans,” Harutyunyan stated.

Comment

GRR!

I was just at mp.net

WOW WHAT A BUNCH OF xxxxxxxS!!!

Don't even know their history.

Btw, my close friend's dad's friend was in the Artsakh war against Azerbaijan.

He was shot from the side to his nose and on the side of his neck. He's still alive but wow he's a pretty strong guy but skinny. He picked up a 130 pound barbell with one hand and put it in the air like it was nothing. WOW I seriously wonder how these guys were trained.

Comment

Originally posted by Pazooki View Post
                    GRR!

I was just at mp.net

WOW WHAT A BUNCH OF xxxxxxxS!!!

Don't even know their history.

Btw, my close friend's dad's friend was in the Artsakh war against Azerbaijan.

He was shot from the side to his nose and on the side of his neck. He's still alive but wow he's a pretty strong guy but skinny. He picked up a 130 pound barbell with one hand and put it in the air like it was nothing. WOW I seriously wonder how these guys were trained.
                    what are they saying? also what is mp.net?

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
                      what are they saying? also what is mp.net?
                      Read Eddo's and Hrai's posts. It's a forum-like place where they make threads of military and all these idiots are getting told propoganda by Turks and Azeris. The worst part is that they believe it.

Comment

Working...
                      X