Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Originally posted by Federate View Post
    More than a month ago, Euronews presented a report on Artsakh that some (Azeris) might call pro-Armenian as quoted above (video here)*. Well, this is what the information war against Armenia produces if it remains unchallenged. The Azeris got involved on a governmental level with Euronews sending waves of protests and the European wh0res responded with one of the most grossly misleading and distorted reports I have ever seen. If there is something to which we need to counter, it is this... entire Europe can watch this, what a tragedy.

Here is the video http://www.euronews.net/2010/02/01/f...ozen-conflict/

Please send them a message of complaint on that website. Also, flag their video here on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-kbh3-FNGQ and join this Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9051860&ref=nf

*Note: I cannot even find the so-called "pro-Armenian" video on YouTube anymore on the Euronews channel! This is disgusting, they removed their own report and not only that but produced something that I thought only the Ministry of Propaganda of Azerbaijan could. AMOT !

Yup that is about as one sided as it can possibly get. Probably paid for by the azeri oilmoney. I would not be surprised to see more of this cause they have easy money and we dont.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      More than a month ago, Euronews presented a report on Artsakh that some (Azeris) might call pro-Armenian as quoted above (video here)*. Well, this is what the information war against Armenia produces if it remains unchallenged. The Azeris got involved on a governmental level with Euronews sending waves of protests and the European wh0res responded with one of the most grossly misleading and distorted reports I have ever seen. If there is something to which we need to counter, it is this... entire Europe can watch this, what a tragedy.

Please send them a message of complaint on that website. Also, flag their video here on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-kbh3-FNGQ and join this Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9051860&ref=nf

*Note: I cannot even find the so-called "pro-Armenian" video on YouTube anymore on the Euronews channel! This is disgusting, they removed their own report and not only that but produced something that I thought only the Ministry of Propaganda of Azerbaijan could. AMOT !
      Those Azeris should know that if their idiot president tries to attacks, we'll destroy those camps and force the refugees to sleep on the streets of Baku. Those Azeri people should stop dreaming, they will never set foot in holy Karabakh.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Disgusting, and some Armenians still love Europe and Europe's ''democracy''. They do not care about people, or Armenians, it is all about money and oil. When will they learn?

Comment

Originally posted by Federate

Please send them a message of complaint on that website.
          I tried the Contact Euronews tab on the bottom right of the page but they only give a phone number, mailing address and fax number. Would you happen to know their email address?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
            I tried the Contact Euronews tab on the bottom right of the page but they only give a phone number, mailing address and fax number. Would you happen to know their email address?
            Try the bottom of this link where it says 'Contact euronews' http://www.euronews.net/contact/ You can write them a message there. Առա՜ջ հայրենակիցներ, դեպի հաղթանակ։
            Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

For those of you not knowing what to write or too lazy to come up with something, i've written a draft of something that we can copy/paste. Help me fix this or add your own lines so we can finalise it and send here at the bottom http://www.euronews.net/contact/ Here's what I have so far.

Dear EuroNews,

As a regular viewer, I am appalled by the bias presented in your February 3, 2010 report about Nagorno-Karabakh, titled "Forgotten Victims of a Frozen Conflict." It was one-sided in its entirety and presented the "news" on a very fragile and sensitive issue from such a biased perspective that it would be more accurate to call it an editorial piece than a news report. What you have reported falls far below the standards of professional journalism.

Wording such as "Azerbaijani land" or allegations of disputed massacres do not help the situation, but only distort facts and spread lies. Using figures such as "16-20% of Azerbaijan is occupied" without proper investigation attests to the unprofessionalism of this report. Mentioning 1 million Azerbaijani refugees (the figure is actually much lower) while ignoring the hundreds of thousands of Armenian refugees is another example of how this report has failed to uphold the basics of neutrality in journalism.

You originally had produced a much less-biased piece about Nagorno-Karabakh. It is quite unfortunate and an enormous disappointment to your viewers that you compromised your ethics and integrity in response to government pressure and propaganda from Azerbaijan.

Facts are not determined by government pressure; they are the unbiased reality and it is the professional duty of a news source to report FACTS rather than government peddled propoganda. It is fine to present the position of the Azerbaijani government, however responsible reporters ought to also report the Armenian side and, more importantly, do some fact checking and report the facts as well.

I would like to ask for EuroNews to immediately pull this piece from the website and to better research the Nagorno-Karabakh situation for a new, revised, report. I trust that the value your place on your image as a professional and trustworthy news source will compel you to do the right thing.

Sincerely, [sign name]
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

*Puts down her red pen* I hope you don't mind my changes Fed.
                I have a tendency to skip words, so read it carefully in case I missed something in my 36 edits.
                [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I have already sent them my message of complain, where I included:

-The links on YouTube for "An ordinary Genocide: Baku January 1990", because Euronews seems to don't know about the events that came before the Nagorno-Karabakh war, and also they fail to mention that the people of Nagorno-Karabakh, which have been majoritarily Armenian for centuries, decided about their future and voted to unite with the Armenian SSR in a process boycotted by the Azerbaijani authorities, because what I can get of what they are saying is that Armenians just came and took over the territory without any reason.

-Ask for 1 of 2 things:
                  1) The immediate reloading of the previous documentary of Nagorno-Karabakh released in Novemeber both on their website and their YouTube channel, which was taken off due to Azerbaijani pressure

or

2) The immediate erasing of the current Nagorno-Karabakh documentary of their website and YT channel, because it's not fair that they erase one of the "two sides" of the story...what they are doing is moraly wrong and it's not the attitude of a so-called serious news source
                  Last edited by ashot24; 02-03-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks Fed. I sent a lengthy message to them, including the basic chronological facts of the region and conflict. I also sent them a link to a documentary by Russian journalist Tsvetana Pascaleva called "Wounds of Karabakh". I'm sure some of you have seen this, but here is the first of 18 parts on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpao3TxRBXY&translated=1

I also questioned why they bowed to the pressure of a fascist state by peddling their propaganda on their station while refraining from doing basic research on the topic for themselves. I said that I expected a response, or else I will keep writing them, and if I still do not receive a response I will take the next legal steps in order to remedy the situation. You have to be civil with these people, but at the same time remind them that there can be legal consequences for their inaction.

Edit: Just saw your latest post... good stuff as always!

One thing though.... in the 3rd paragraph, 'disappoint' should be 'disappointment'.
                    Last edited by ArmSurvival; 02-03-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I just sent them a message too! Thank you for taking the time to do this Fed jan!
                      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X