Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Wow, thats awesome guys. I agree with you Fed that our campaigning played a role in their decision. I already sent Euronews a letter praising their resistance against Azerbaijani bullying. This was the letter I sent them, feel free to copy/paste it to them, in order to encourage them to resist Azeri pressure in the future:

In regards to the restoration of the video "Winds of change" about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict:

Bravo, Euronews. You had enough dignity and integrity to correct one of your errors, and for that I and many Armenians, as well as many others, commend you. You essentially refused to be bullied by the Azerbaijani dictatorship (or should I say royal house?), who tried to use the language of force to coerce your station into towing their political line. Unfortunately for you, your station had to realize what Armenians realized long ago: Namely, that the authorities in Azerbaijan only understand the language of force, and they believe it is a normal tone to use with civilized peoples. Fortunately Euronews along with Armenians have enough backbone to refuse to be bullied by one of Europe's last fascist dictatorships.

Let me give you a friendly heads-up: Azerbaijani authorities are probably going to jump all over your station for restoring this reasonable video on the Karabakh conflict. Do not cave into their demands. These are the same authorities who conducted ethnic cleansings in their own country against Armenians, Talysh, Lezgin, and other nationalities. These are the same authorities who silence and abuse their own people. These are the same authorities who deny the truth of the Armenian Genocide, which was a crime against all humanity. These are also the same authorities who deny that Armenians existed in any significant numbers on our own homeland, in an effort to further cleanse our lands and cleanse our memory from the pages of history. These are the same authorities who censor all media outlets in their country on pain of imprisonment. Keep these facts in mind when they complain to you about "objective reporting" and "what is right". Stay vigilant Euronews, and resist the inevitable attempts of the Azerbaijani authorities to shape the European press in the mold of the Azerbaijani press, which is subservient to the whims of their government. Good luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
      Wow, thats awesome guys. I agree with you Fed that our campaigning played a role in their decision. I already sent Euronews a letter praising their resistance against Azerbaijani bullying. This was the letter I sent them, feel free to copy/paste it to them, in order to encourage them to resist Azeri pressure in the future:

In regards to the restoration of the video "Winds of change" about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict:

Bravo, Euronews. You had enough dignity and integrity to correct one of your errors, and for that I and many Armenians, as well as many others, commend you. You essentially refused to be bullied by the Azerbaijani dictatorship (or should I say royal house?), who tried to use the language of force to coerce your station into towing their political line. Unfortunately for you, your station had to realize what Armenians realized long ago: Namely, that the authorities in Azerbaijan only understand the language of force, and they believe it is a normal tone to use with civilized peoples. Fortunately Euronews along with Armenians have enough backbone to refuse to be bullied by one of Europe's last fascist dictatorships.

Let me give you a friendly heads-up: Azerbaijani authorities are probably going to jump all over your station for restoring this reasonable video on the Karabakh conflict. Do not cave into their demands. These are the same authorities who conducted ethnic cleansings in their own country against Armenians, Talysh, Lezgin, and other nationalities. These are the same authorities who silence and abuse their own people. These are the same authorities who deny the truth of the Armenian Genocide, which was a crime against all humanity. These are also the same authorities who deny that Armenians existed in any significant numbers on our own homeland, in an effort to further cleanse our lands and cleanse our memory from the pages of history. These are the same authorities who censor all media outlets in their country on pain of imprisonment. Keep these facts in mind when they complain to you about "objective reporting" and "what is right". Stay vigilant Euronews, and resist the inevitable attempts of the Azerbaijani authorities to shape the European press in the mold of the Azerbaijani press, which is subservient to the whims of their government. Good luck to you!
      Thanks ArmSurvival for composing this. I just sent it as well and will be forwarding it to as many people that I can.
      Last edited by Federate; 02-17-2010, 02:16 PM.
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

That is good news.
        BTW, I did send them an email as soon as Federate brought this up and I made some posts directed to Euronews on the Ytube where the video is posted as well. Any reasonable organization reading the Azeri and Turkish responses there would be appalled. They should remove that video.

Good letter ArmSurvival.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I have sent the letter too, good letter but we must not forget the very anti-Armenian documentary of Euronews. The ''Winds of Change'' is not in a way anti-Azeri, but the documentary shot in Azergayjan is from start till end anti-Armenian.

Comment

Iran recognized constitutional border with Karabakh
            13:35 / 02/19/2010

At the Feb. 19 meeting with journalists Iranian Ambassador to RA Seyed Ali Saghaeyan said that Iran is the only country having common border with Nagorno-Karabakh, thereby recognizing liberated territories part of NKR.

Asked about his stance on possible deployment of Russian and U.S. peacekeepers on border with Iran as a result of Karabakh conflict settlement, Ambassador replied: “Considering that Iran is the only country with common border with Karabakh, we have clear stand on deployment of peacekeeping forces.”

He also touched upon potential aggression against Iran by U.S., underlining that currently neither U.S. nor Israel has the opportunity to commit aggression against the country.

“Definitely we have to take into consideration all options, including military aggression, however Zionist regime has no opportunity to exert pressure and gain victory over Iran. As for the U.S., accounting for its military presence in Afghanistan and domestic problems, it will hardly initiate act of aggression towards Iran,” Saghaeyan concluded.

A.G.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 years since Gurgen Margaryan hacked to death: Azerbaijan continues anti-Armenian propaganda

6 years ago, February 19, 2004, Armenian citizen Gurgen Margaryan, 26 years old, was hacked to death while asleep by Ramil Safarov, a Lieutenant of the Azerbaijani Army. Both were participants of an English language training course within the framework of the NATO-sponsored “Partnership for Peace” program held in Budapest, Hungary. The murder occurred at 5 o'clock in the morning, while the victim was asleep.

This is how Gurgen's Hungarian roommate, Kuti Balash , remembers the evening before the murder: “Me and Gurgen were sharing a room at the dormitory. The evening before the murder I was watching a football match between Armenia and Hungary, while Gurgen was sitting at the desk preparing his homework. He just came back from the gym”. Staying with them on the same floor were participants of different nationalities, including Ramil Safarov and another Azerbaijani officer. Balash mentions that there were no conflicts among any members of the group. The subject of international conflicts was discussed only once, during the first day of getting acquainted, but nobody spoke of it afterwards.

On the evening of February 18th Balash had tea and went to bed, as he had fever, while Gurgen Margaryan kept on studying. Around 9:30 p.m. Margaryan went to visit another program participant from Armenia—Hayk Makuchyan—who was staying in another room.

Balash does not remember when Gurgen came back, but early in the morning he felt that someone turned on the light. He thought it was Gurgen returning to the room, but after hearing some muffled sounds, he turned his head away from the wall and saw the Azerbaijani officer standing by Gurgen’s bed, with a long axe in his hands.

“By that time I understood that something terrible had happened for there was blood all around. I started to shout at the Azerbaijani urging him to stop it. He said that had no problems with me and would not touch me, stabbed Gurgen a couple of more times and left. The expression of his face was as if he was glad he had finished something important. Greatly shocked, I ran out of the room to find help, and Ramil went in another direction”.

What happened next testifies that the murder had been planned in advance. It was not a crime of a personal motivations between Gurgen and Ramil. Immediately after murdering Lieutenant Margaryan, Ramil Safarov went to the room of the second Armenian officer, to finish with him as well.

That morning, after committing his first murder, Ramil went to Makuchyan's room with an intention to kill him. In the corridor, meeting a classmate from Uzbekistan who came out of the room after hearing suspicious noise, Ramil offered him to come and assist him in killing the second Armenian. The Uzbek tried to calm the murderer down but did not manage to stop him.

Afterwards everyone confessed that they were frightened to approach Ramil with a blood-stained axe closer than at three meters. Approaching Makuchyan’s room, Ramil tried to open it by shaking its handle. As Makuchyan confessed, he usually had a habit of locking doors, unlike Gurgen, but that night he forgot to do it, and the door was locked by his Lithuanian roommate.

Being unable to open the door, Ramil started to shout out Makuchyan's name in a threatening voice. Half asleep, Hayk went towards the door to open it, but his Lithuanian roommate managed to save him for the second time. He stopped Hayk from opening the door, as he thought that there was a real threat in Safarov's voice and that he might be armed. To make sure, he phoned to another Lithuanian who lived at the same corridor asking him to check whether Safarov was armed and what was going on at all. Meanwhile, Safarov went to look for Hayk in the room of the Serbian and the Ukrainian roommates, showing them the blood-stained axe and stating that he thirsted for nobody's blood but Armenian. Hayk Makuchyan was told afterwards, that Ramil ran to the room of another Azerbaijani officer, told him something in Azerbaijani, and then ran and stabbed the door of Makuchyan’s room three times with an axe. By that time the second Lithuanian and the police approached.

Detained by the Hungarian police, Safarov confessed he had committed a murder. He also promised to kill another Armenian as soon as he was set free. His revenge was not against anyone particular, but against the whole Armenian nation.

Police said a political motive for the murder was among the possibilities being considered.
            Safarov has received life sentence.

This day Armenian Foreign Affairs and Defense Ministries issued a statement expressing their indignation over the murder.

“This crime is the logical consequence of Azerbaijan’s anti-Armenian hysteria and the recent bellicose propaganda with which the Azerbaijani society gets consistently infected. Such state policy has evidently crossed the line beyond which Azerbaijani official representatives commit cold-blooded murder,” the MFA statement says.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Musabekov says Turkey not to sign large-scale military deal with Azerbaijan

Turkey doesn’t sign a large-scale military deal with Azerbaijan since it is not willing to assume such responsibility, fearing the possible consequences, Rasim Musabekov, an Azerbaijani political expert told 1News.az.

Musabekov said such a deal may harm Turkey’s relations with Russia, with the latter being Armenia’s ally. Turkey will hardly take such a move. As the expert highlighted, one should not forget Turkey is NATO member and NATO doesn’t want any problems with Russia.

Last edited by ashot24; 02-19-2010, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
              iran recognized constitutional border with karabakh
              yes!
              Last edited by SevSpitak; 02-19-2010, 07:46 AM.

Comment

General Bagratooni, who joined the Armenian forces after Kerensky was overthrown, said Armenians might be proud of their fellow-countrymen, who fought without equipment, with inadequate clothing, and virtually with their bare hands, to vindicate their right to independence.

Care must be taken, he said, that what had been won by arms should not be lost through diplomacy. Even now, he said, Armenians were fighting the Tartars, Georgians, and Azerbaijans.
                Article in the New York Times, 1919. This just shows that history repeats itself if you live next to those genocidal-donkeys. It is like this article was written about the Artsakh liberation war.

We lost in diplomacy a hundred years earlier, I hope we do not lose in diplomacy again.

Last edited by Tigranakert; 02-23-2010, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Refuted by their own kind.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------
                  Firudin Sadigov: Armenians not torture Azerbaijani prisoners

23.02.2010 19:48 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Team Leader of the state Commission of Azerbaijan on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing People Firudin Sadigov, in spite of reports in the Azerbaijani media, said that Azerbaijani servicemen who are held captive by the Armenian side, cannot be subjected to torture.

"Two Azerbaijani soldiers and one civilian are in captivity by Armenians. These people are under control of international structures, " he said. According to Sadigov, tortures and poor conditions are impossible, since the direct responsibility of international organizations is to improve the detention conditions.

According to Sadigov, most of the reports by Azerbaijani media that Armenian-captured Azerbaijanis are unwilling to return home, are untrue, since without seeing and speaking with these people, it is impossible to talk about it, APA reported.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Kuwait, Kuwait City, Feb. 23 /Trend News, special correspondent S.Agayeva/

List of Azerbaijani hostages in Armenia can be extended, thinks Secretary of State Commission on Prisoners, Hostages and Missing citizens of Azerbaijan Shahin Sayilov.

"Today 4113 Azerbaijani citizens are registered as missing in action. Of these, in relation to 783 testimonial evidence is collected, confirming the fact of their being held hostage in the Armenian side. This list can be extended for another 80-100 people, as well as new materials on the Azerbaijani hostages in Armenia are gathered", Sayilov said to Trend News.

According to Sayilov, for several years the State Commission on Prisoners, Hostages and Missing citizens of Azerbaijan is working to
                    bringing the realities of Azerbaijan to the world. Materials about problems of Azerbaijani citizens, who are held hostage by the Armenians, are collected by the State Commission, translated into French, English and Arabic languages and sent to all international institutions on protection the rights of citizens.

The materials describe in detail acts of violence and cruelty created by Armenians against Azerbaijani hostages.

According to the Secretary of State Commission, law enforcement bodies of Azerbaijan gathered enough material to bring the Armenians, involved in these crimes.

"I have already collected the materials for 286 Armenians, who are accused of ill-treatment in relation to the Azerbaijani hostages. All they are in the international wanted list. Of these, 31 are involved in Khojaly events. All materials on the cases forwarded to international institutions on protection of human rights and we are confident that they will appear in an international court ", - said Sayilov.

Armenian troops committed genocide in Khojali on Feb. 26, 1992. The tragedy began early morning. Within hours, over 613 unarmed Azerbaijani citizens were killed. Among them were 106 women and 83 children. About 1,000 people were disabled by shots; 8 families were fully destroyed. A total of 25 children lost both of their parents and 130 children lost one of them. About 1,275 people were taken prisoner and around 150 people went missing. Eight families were completely killed.

List of Azerbaijani hostages in Armenia can be extended, thinks Secretary of State Commission on Prisoners, Hostages and Missing citizens of Azerbaijan Shahin Sayilov.

Comment

Azerbaijani skier wins over Armenian, Turkish opponents in Olympic Games
                      Wed 24 February 2010 | 05:49 GMT Text size:

Jedrij Notz
                      Azerbaijan skier Jedrij Notz competed in the Olympic Games in Vancouver, Canada last night.

According to News.Az, by results of two attempts in giant slalom, our sportsman was 72nd among 103 participants. His result was 3 minutes 5.98 seconds. Notz lost to the winner – Swiss Carlo Janka – 28.15 seconds.

Notz was better than most sportsmen, in particular the United States, Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic, France, Turkey, Armenia and other countries.

His next participation in the Olympic Games will take place in slalom on February 27.

as soon as i found out the result i told my brother watch they will say tomorrow "azeri sportsmen dominates over Armenian sportsmen" and look what they posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X