Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persopolis
    replied
    Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
    ... like you who are out to create tension between Iran and Armenia are helping the Turkish cause. ... You don’t represent Iran nor the majority of Iranians views. ... ghalat kardi….toghmato mikeshim.
    Iranians would be unified with my position in condemning a middle-aged loser that that encourages dumb Armenian kids to spit on Iranian women; threaten tourists; laugh at peoples' religious clothing; and harass them.

You Sir will be welcomed with flowers in Iran, right? You are in no position to make these types of threats: "ghalat kardi….toghmato mikeshim" and Iran doesn't need or want people like you within its borders. Enjoy your life in the diaspora.

Originally Posted by Mos
    I see any of those people I either curse them off or spit on them. Few times bunch of rowdy Iranians came and me and Armenian friends started laughing at there concealed women and their men's speaking and dressing. Iranians thought they could say something to us and we replied that we would bring a whole freaking army and beat the xxxx out of each Iranian here. They saw we were serious and ran away like little rabbits. ....

Originally Posted by Eddo211
    Target troublemakers only Mos…
    Last edited by Federate; 04-20-2011, 07:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

Turkey-Iran ties

Iran, Turkey, Azerbaijan strengthen ties
    Tehran Times Political Desk

TEHRAN - The two-day Iran-Turkey-Azerbaijan trilateral forum, which was attended by the foreign ministers of the three countries, concluded in Urmia, West Azerbaijan Province on Sunday.

Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi held separate talks with Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu and Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov on the sidelines of the meeting on Sunday.

Salehi and Mammadyarov stated that providing customs facilities, increasing the volume of trade between Iran and Azerbaijan, and expanding cooperation in various areas must be put on the agenda.

They also emphasized the necessity of implementing the agreements signed by the two countries.

Mammadyarov also extended an invitation to Salehi to visit Azerbaijan.

In another meeting, Salehi and Davutoglu explored ways to increase the volume of trade between Tehran and Ankara.

Salehi stated that Iran and Turkey have good cooperation in the regional and international arenas and called for closer bilateral cooperation between the two countries.

Davutoglu said that the trilateral meeting of Iranian, Turkish, and Azerbaijani foreign ministers paved the way for the expansion of regional cooperation.

And Turkey is keen to increase cooperation with Iran, particularly in economic interactions and the area of transportation, he added.

Iran, Turkey open new border crossing

Iran and Turkey opened a new border crossing during a ceremony held in Urmia on Saturday.

The Razi-Kapikoy border crossing is the third border crossing between Iran and Turkey, connecting Iran’s West Azerbaijan Province and Turkey’s Van Province.

Salehi, Davutoglu, and Mammadyarov attended the opening ceremony, which was held on the sidelines of their trilateral meeting.

The Turkish foreign minister delivered a speech during the ceremony, in which he said that the opening of the third border crossing between Iran and Turkey will mark a turning point in the relations between the two countries.

“Today (Saturday) the border crossing will be opened for the traffic of passengers and light vehicles, and will be ready for the passage of heavy vehicles on September 11,” Davutoglu stated.

Strengthening ties with neighboring states in all areas has been a foreign policy priority of Turkey over the past eight years, he added.

Davutoglu also stated that the volume of trade between Iran and Turkey is currently $10 billion and will reach $30 billion in the near future given the fact that a new border crossing has been opened between the two countries.

The Iranian foreign minister also delivered a speech at the ceremony, in which he said that the inauguration of the Razi-Kapikoy border crossing will help increase cooperation between Iran and Turkey.

Tehran and Ankara should make every effort to strengthen their relations, Salehi added.

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
    If you didn't make poor choices; If you learned from past mistakes; If you didn't alienate allies; If you rejected policies that cause the dispersion of Armenians to all corners of the globe and the exploitation of your people; If you didn't embrace a Soviet ideology that banned the Armenian Church; If you didn't constantly waste your time arguing here and devoted your time to supporting Armenians with your time and resources; and if you dropped your self righteous attitude ... then you wouldn't have tell everyone about heroic exploits and sacrifices because you would have had fewer problems to contend with in the first place:
    First off the Armenian Church still operated during Soviet Times, it was just under bigger pressure because of the Soviet rule. Second, our becoming part of Soviet Union did wonders for us in terms of our development both of our country and of our culture. During Soviet Time, Armenia was the Silicon Valley - the technological golden point of the Soviet Union. Our economy was strong and the 100 years or so under Soviet Union was like a mini-golden age for us. Yerevan grew during this time from a village to the cultural capital of Armenians. And yes the Russians who brought this to us, also saved us from being consumed by the Turks. Tell me were the Iranians also during this time fighting along side Armenians defending us from the Turks?

Leave a comment:

• Eddo211
    replied

Not today, but tomorrow? (دشمن امروز نمی باشد.... اما فردا؟)
    Not likely….in fact these relations are improving dramatically (bring back the Silk Road)and people like you who are out to create tension between Iran and Armenia are helping the Turkish cause.

Turkey, Iran open third border crossing in regional cooperation effort

Sunday, April 17, 2011
    ANKARA - Daily News with wires

Iran and Turkey have opened a third border crossing at Kapıköy in eastern Turkey’s Van province, in what the foreign ministers of both countries called a symbol of friendship amid increased regional cooperation efforts.

The three countries will take joint steps to strengthen cooperation in the fields of trade, industry, joint ventures, transportation, communication, energy, tourism, science and technology. They will also let their intelligence services and security units work cooperatively against terrorism, organized crime and the smuggling of drugs, weapons and humans.

Iran, Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss ties

Sunday Apr 17, 201109:12 AM GMT

Foreign ministers of Iran, Azerbaijan and Turkey have stressed the importance of improving relations in all fields and holding regular consultation on regional and international developments.

Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi and his Azeri counterpart Elmar Mammadyarov discussed ways to promote mutual relations in various political, economic and cultural fields, IRNA reported on Sunday.

Originally posted by Persopolis
    Like I said: Iran has 1.65 million square km of land and 80 million people (within our boundaries); Iran is one of the oldest civilizations in continuous existence (like China); This should give you sense of whether we know our enemies or not.
    You don’t represent Iran nor the majority of Iranians views.
    Last edited by Federate; 04-21-2011, 05:46 AM. Reason: insults

Leave a comment:

• KarotheGreat
    replied

If you didn't make poor choices; If you learned from past mistakes; If you didn't alienate allies; If you rejected policies that cause the dispersion of Armenians to all corners of the globe and the exploitation of your people; If you didn't embrace a Soviet ideology that banned the Armenian Church; If you didn't constantly waste your time arguing here and devoted your time to supporting Armenians with your time and resources; and if you dropped your self righteous attitude ... then you wouldn't have tell everyone about heroic exploits and sacrifices because you would have had fewer problems to contend with in the first place.

This is where your short-sided machismo got you (not to mention the lack of protection from the AG):

I am proud to say that the Armenian church has been in longer continuous existence in Iran than Armenia ... think about it.
    We do what ever we like because we are free to do aka it's non of your business what we do or don't do. Armenia will never belong to Iran no matter how much anti-Armenian BS you post here. Because that's the only thing that you are posting here anti-Armenian BS nothing that contributes to this forum or the relationship between our people.

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

Originally posted by lampron View Post
    diasporan communities have disappeared throughout the centuries, only in Armenia has there been continuity
    You have any idea how much money flows from the diaspora to Armenia? Who do you think those 2 million Armenians in Russia are supporting? Or the half a million in USA? The amount of remittances that flow to Armenia from Diaspora are huge, almost every family in Armenia has a family member abroad, most of times supporting them. The diaspora is essential for Armenia's survival, who do you think was sending money, weapons, and soldiers to Armenia during Karabakh War? Who do you think has invested million in Yerevan and other projects such as Airport? Speak carefully next time and be mindful of the amount of help Diaspora has brought and continues bringing to Armenia.

Leave a comment:

• Persopolis
    replied

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    ...I was drinking with an ex-Fedayee, a person who fought on the front his brother lost his eyesight on the front line and was captured by the Azeris survived the whole by pure luck and both of them are "self-doubting Yerevanci". Before you again make a xxxxing retarded anti-Armenian comment stop and think all the people that sacrificed their lives on the battlefield ....
    If you didn't make poor choices; If you learned from past mistakes; If you didn't alienate allies; If you rejected policies that cause the dispersion of Armenians to all corners of the globe and the exploitation of your people; If you didn't embrace a Soviet ideology that banned the Armenian Church; If you didn't constantly waste your time arguing here and devoted your time to supporting Armenians with your time and resources; and if you dropped your self righteous attitude ... then you wouldn't have tell everyone about heroic exploits and sacrifices because you would have had fewer problems to contend with in the first place.

This is where your short-sided machismo got you (not to mention the lack of protection from the AG):

- I am proud to say that the Armenian church has been in longer continuous existence in Iran than Armenia ... think about it.
    - I am proud to say that more Armenians survived pogroms on Iranian soil than in Russian-controlled-Armenia or Armenia-SSR ... think about it.

Armenia is a small fragment of what it was under Persian protection ... we don't want some tiny clump of land or to introduce a brainwashed Post-Bolshevik 5th column into Iran ... are you kidding? If we let some of the clowns on this board into Iran, they would screw it up for the other Armenians living in Iran.

The people I feel most sorry for are the legions of Armenians in the diaspora who had to suffer the failed policies and choices of other Armenians while that same mentality draws the other Armenians into another round of madness. When a whale beaches itself, other whales invariably follow. Armenians need a new compass to navigate the region in the form of leadership that acknowledges past errors and secures a better future.
    Last edited by Persopolis; 04-20-2011, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    I think you fail to understand how power works. If I own and run a business, I can make my employees wear whatever I choose for them. As elected officials of government, they have the power to enforce any laws which are supported by the people. If the majority of the people are conservative and aren't complaining about the laws then that is their prerogative. Also remember that in every traditional society, the elders are respected as being wise (This was true even with native Indians). If the young generation wants to take power from the old, they better think about working for that right since the old generation worked their butts off to build the world that the youth are destroying. If the government has no right in deciding what people wear, then why are these clothes being banned in Europe? Most likely it's because the fashionistas can't profit from Muslim women.
    I am talking more about wisdom of a government telling its people what to wear. Why should everybody be forced to wear the same dress because a portion of the population holds such conservative views? You think everybody supports such policies? Tell me why then do Iranian women dress more open than European women when they are tourists in Yerevan? It's is interesting to understand this very fact, and whenever interviewed they say that they come to Armenia because Armenia has freedoms that Iran doesn't. So even in this respect I have very high doubts that a majority of Iranians wholeheartedly support all the penal codes. I don't agree with France banning the full veil, as I believe it violates the same principle that I am talking about. Though in the end of the day, Iran is a theocracy and thus all this is expected from such a government form.

And now you start with the name calling how cute. You said what you said so don't try to back track. Then go to his house and don't come back, we don't need self hating Armenians like you in Armenia.
    The problems of Armenia will be fixed by us not by a Persian or a Russian or anyone else and certainly not someone who thinks Armenia belongs to Iran.
    This.

Leave a comment:

• KarotheGreat
    replied

Originally posted by lampron View Post
    You jerk! I am talking about people in leadership positions in Yerevan

Yes his house has been far more solid than ours

If you can't see that simple fact you love burying your head in the sand,
    then be an ostrich, but your place would be in fields or in a large chicken coop not
    on these boards!
    And now you start with the name calling how cute. You said what you said so don't try to back track. Then go to his house and don't come back, we don't need self hating Armenians like you in Armenia.
    The problems of Armenia will be fixed by us not by a Persian or a Russian or anyone else and certainly not someone who thinks Armenia belongs to Iran.

Leave a comment:

• lampron
    replied

Two days ago I was drinking with an ex-Fedayee, a person who fought on the front his brother lost his eyesight on the front line and was captured by the Azeris survived the whole by pure luck and both of them are "self-doubting Yerevanci". Before you again make a xxxxing retarded anti-Armenian comment stop and think all the people that sacrificed their lives on the battlefield and on the people back on the home front suffering because of all the blockades. I don't think you were living in Hayastan back then but I was growing up there so I know what people where going through, so I will not allow you to make a mockery of everything the whole Armenian nation sacrificed in the war.

PS if you love his house so much go there and stay there
    You jerk! I am talking about people in leadership positions in Yerevan

Yes his house has been far more solid than ours

If you can't see that simple fact you love burying your head in the sand,
    then be an ostrich, but your place would be in fields or in a large chicken coop not
    on these boards!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X