Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Agdam Mosque desecration video, is this true??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retro
    replied
    Re: Agdam Mosque desecration video, is this true??

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Garni/geghart are "heathen temples" to you know and they are culturaly and historicaly significant. As a matter of fact much of our tradition, culture and religious practices predate chrystianity by a long time. Practices like matagh-the sacrifice of a animal for a cause or a wish is a peagan tradition which is still practiced and it has been merged with christianity since now the animal has to be blessed by a priest first. As i have said many times before Armenian culture predates christianity thus we are more than christians and i do not like it when people credit everything good to christianity and absolve it of all wrong doings..
    Armenian pre-Christian religion sounds intriguing and I was only being sarcastic. Much same is true, every where and in the west Celtic Christianity, which was originally Orthodox also incorporated all sorts of local pagan elements.

Ancient Stones of Iona
    A spiritual journey to the sacred Isle of Iona in the Hebrides. Photos by Beth Maxwell Boyle, Music by David Arkenstone. Behind Walls of Stone is the name o...

Leave a comment:

• Joseph
    replied

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Garni/geghart are "heathen temples" to you know and they are culturaly and historicaly significant. As a matter of fact much of our tradition, culture and religious practices predate chrystianity by a long time. Practices like matagh-the sacrifice of a animal for a cause or a wish is a peagan tradition which is still practiced and it has been merged with christianity since now the animal has to be blessed by a priest first. As i have said many times before Armenian culture predates christianity thus we are more than christians and i do not like it when people credit everything good to christianity and absolve it of all wrong doings. If you look at chrystianity and the Armenian nation there is a correlation there it seems the more chrystianity took over the country the more Armenia declined as a nation. Our empire and pretty much all real significant victories predate christianity. Correlation doesnt neccesserily imply causation but it sure does show a trend. As for Bell the Cat i have to say that i had my share of disagreements with him before especialy when he refused to provide information related to the hushardzan we were discussing, but i have to say over time if one reads his posts one will find them to be rather informative and at times even fair. I think this cat has mean streak in him but he is well informed and makes good argumants much of the time.

Agree. All Christian traditions have been borrowed from pre-Christian pagan elements. Not only that, most of the stories in the Old and New Testament are twice told tales from Ancient Egypt and Assyria. Only the names have been changed.

Regarding Bell, he clearly enjoys mixing it up and he is quite bitter and lacks any patience but he is also very informed, knowledgeable, and despite what anyone thinks, is not a turcophile.

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

Originally posted by retro View Post
    Heathen temples should have no part of the heritage of any Christian nation. Behead the infidel cat.
    Garni/geghart are "heathen temples" to you know and they are culturaly and historicaly significant. As a matter of fact much of our tradition, culture and religious practices predate chrystianity by a long time. Practices like matagh-the sacrifice of a animal for a cause or a wish is a peagan tradition which is still practiced and it has been merged with christianity since now the animal has to be blessed by a priest first. As i have said many times before Armenian culture predates christianity thus we are more than christians and i do not like it when people credit everything good to christianity and absolve it of all wrong doings. If you look at chrystianity and the Armenian nation there is a correlation there it seems the more chrystianity took over the country the more Armenia declined as a nation. Our empire and pretty much all real significant victories predate christianity. Correlation doesnt neccesserily imply causation but it sure does show a trend. As for Bell the Cat i have to say that i had my share of disagreements with him before especialy when he refused to provide information related to the hushardzan we were discussing, but i have to say over time if one reads his posts one will find them to be rather informative and at times even fair. I think this cat has mean streak in him but he is well informed and makes good argumants much of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Eddo211
    replied

Originally posted by Roman83 View Post
    What are you talking about? Persian is Arabic and thats compleet different from Armenian alphabet. Just take a look at 1:39 min of the video:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Even a 6 year old can see thats not Persian.
    You missed the point.............just because it is written in Armenian doesn’t mean an Armenian wrote it, just like if I were to graffiti a Church in Farsi doesn’t mean a Muslim Persian did it.
    There are plenty of Azeris who know the Armenian language.

Leave a comment:

• jgk3
    replied

What are you talking about? Persian is Arabic and thats compleet different from Armenian alphabet. Just take a look at 1:39 min of the video:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

So the Armenian church in Baku is in good condition, but the Armenians in Baku are... non-existant. By making the church remain there, in "good condition", they're trying to look good, look innocent in a place where they carried out pogroms against Armenians.

Roman, tun hayeren kides khosil?
    Last edited by jgk3; 09-23-2010, 10:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Roman83
    replied

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
    I can write you some graffiti in Farsi you would never know the difference......also as much as I am against these types of conducts Turks must realize that Armenians are not playing nice anymore, as it seems, and crocodile tears is not going to work.

Did you know that the Crusaders used Mosques as horse stables in Jerusalem while Muslims would convert the Churches by placing a dome on it.

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

I can write you some graffiti in Farsi you would never know the difference......also as much as I am against these types of conducts Turks must realize that Armenians are not playing nice anymore, as it seems, and crocodile tears is not going to work.

Did you know that the Crusaders used Mosques as horse stables in Jerusalem while Muslims would convert the Churches by placing a dome on it.
    During the invasions by the Turks of Europe, they would convert the beautiful churches to mosques, and basically leech of of the culture that they invaded. Really, that's how Turks have been, they've come to Asia Minor, and built their identity by leeching off of the identities of other ethnic groups. The Turkish identity is a plagiarism...

Leave a comment:

• Eddo211
    replied

Honestly I was thinking the same thing, but the graffiti is in Armenian. So yeah, I am kinda dissapointed with this. We need to correct this out guys, this is not how Armenians are supposed to be.

By the way does anyone know how many mosques are there in Armenian territories?

Leave a comment:

• arakeretzig
    replied

Honestly I was thinking the same thing, but the graffiti is in Armenian. So yeah, I am kinda dissapointed with this. We need to correct this out guys, this is not how Armenians are supposed to be.

Hetq - News, Articles, Investigations
    Last edited by arakeretzig; 09-22-2010, 07:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Roman83
    replied

What makes you think those pictures are from the said Mosque....even if it is it doesn't look set up for proper Animal handeling and care, looks more like an abandoned structure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X