Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Politics in Hayastan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DieHard69
    replied
    Re: Politics in Hayastan

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
    100%.
    Just have to keep them not to loose focus and not to start damaging ideological imports.
    That is the problem, Russia is our only source of defense in this region changing our government to a European model is not a good idea, but that doesn't mean we can't imitate the European model for our economy especially the key parts will be great, the greatest issue as many sources state is the lack of reforms our government has and getting this party as a ruling party for one term will be a big improvement, these guys are the ones we should get as majority in parliamentary seats, but they need to realize they're dream is comparable to printing money to fix problems, its not going to end well, and they need to realize it before our younger population overtakes the backwards soviet population. (no offense to anyone who lived in that time, but seriously stop walking on a busy 4 lane road, those pedestrian crossings aren't attractions!)

Leave a comment:

• Hakob
    replied

Originally posted by DieHard69 View Post
    I agree with you, but my biggest interest in them, yes they want a European model, but if we can get some of these guys in some higher tier positions they can really help out our corruption problem.
    100%.
    Just have to keep them not to loose focus and not to start damaging ideological imports.

Leave a comment:

• DieHard69
    replied

I had a quick glance and find this party talking about human values and European values and membership.
    Nothing about our national values or nation building.
    If someone says this government is bad because compare to European values... For me is a meaningless, populist and externally driven ideology, never potent enough to turn the stones to build our country.

I need a party that will say "this is what future Armenia will be for all ARMENIANS and this is what needs to be done". Clear and loud.
    European values are maybe the best around, but they don't cut in our neighborhood.
    There can be only one value and goal for any nation. Not like a quilt that everybody sews a piece of patch on it, specially copying anything that looks good.
    I agree with you, but my biggest interest in them, yes they want a European model, but if we can get some of these guys in some higher tier positions they can really help out our corruption problem.

Leave a comment:

• Azad
    replied

^^^ You should at least listen @ 21:50 .. It is about azerbaijan ^^^

Leave a comment:

• Azad
    replied

Very good audio interview and documentary on corruption and the people that exposed the Panama papers.
    They mention many times azerbaijan in the interview. Should listen the audio story.

After decades when democracy was on the rise, the current trend seems to be of aspiring autocrats riding populist waves to power, and then misusing that power to amass wealth for themselves and their families. Forget what President Donald Trump says about journalists being the "Enemy of the People," says Drew Sullivan, head of the Organized Crime & Corruption Reporting Project — investigative reporting has never been more important.

Leave a comment:

• Azad
    replied

Agree with you on the overall perspective Hakob. The rest, I wouldn't comment on what I am not familiar with the details and ways of corruption.

Leave a comment:

• Hakob
    replied

Originally posted by Azad View Post
    Isn't it contradictory your perspective? With close borders and some illegal or unwanted tomatoes that is "killing farmers".
    What will happen if the borders are open? What do we have to export to turkey for "mutual trade quotas"?
    I believe our best markets are CIS for export. We should be looking East. The West is over-rated looking for slaves to sustain their lifestyle.
    Also, sanctions could have a positive reverse effect. A good example is Russia and Wheat. From being wheat importers Russia today is the world largest wheat exporter due to sanctions.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/rus...ork-2016-09-23

Azad, I am not arguing against blockade. My point is that because of Turkish blockade our farmers should have been doing much better. But they are miserable because some corrupt oligarkhs are circumventing the blockade and bringing in illegal products.
    Those are much worse then legal importing because taxes and laws are skipped. So those products actually sell cheaper and do more harm than an open borders.
    If imported legally (does not matter from what country) government laws apply. Collected import taxes can be used to help develop your own industry and compete.
    When legal, the surplus imports or negative balance can be addressed in society/government and measures taken.
    But like this? Armenia has 6+++ bln deficits in last 10-15 years and rising fast. Government has no accountability to where that money went. I guarantee military cost could not be more than a fraction of that. This debt is there while at the background every major asset in country having been sold by government and also around a billion dollars a year remittances by relatives working abroad.
    That is why I say it has been an insane amount of corruption permitted in Armenia.
    Very large sector in economy in in shadows.
    Government is in shadows.

Leave a comment:

• Azad
    replied

I have to remind you that turkey has maintained a full economic blockade and sanctions (just like western sanctions, which are partial, against Russia) against Armenia since 24-25 years, so it's pointless to compare turkish economic dealings with others to our issue.
    When a country exports something to other country, it is done with mutual trade quotas and applicable taxes and balances.
    But this case is a thievery and backstabbing our farmers and whole nation by a small group of you know who. This is like some traitor opening the gate of your castle to enemy. Like importing and spreading poison from enemy in your family, killing or getting your farmers to emigrate out to Russia.
    Isn't it contradictory your perspective? With close borders and some illegal or unwanted tomatoes that is "killing farmers".
    What will happen if the borders are open? What do we have to export to turkey for "mutual trade quotas"?
    I believe our best markets are CIS for export. We should be looking East. The West is over-rated looking for slaves to sustain their lifestyle.
    Also, sanctions could have a positive reverse effect. A good example is Russia and Wheat. From being wheat importers Russia today is the world largest wheat exporter due to sanctions.

Leave a comment:

• lampron
    replied

I have to remind you that turkey has maintained a full economic blockade and sanctions (just like western sanctions, which are partial, against Russia) against Armenia since 24-25 years, so it's pointless to compare turkish economic dealings with others to our issue.
    Turkey has made huge investments in its agricultural sector
    If there was no blockade, no sanctions, free trade could still kill Armenian agriculture because of much lower prices from Turkey
    You are saying because of the blockade, goods are being smuggled in with no import duty, hitting Armenian growers

Leave a comment:

• Hakob
    replied

Originally posted by lampron View Post
    Not forgetting that Turkey has highly developed and competitively priced agricultural products. Turkish businessmen have been exporting to many countries around the world, starting from Europe and have the potential to undercut prices from countries like Greece and Bulgaria and of course harm the Armenian exports too
    When a country exports something to other country, it is done with mutual trade quotas and applicable taxes and balances.
    But this case is a thievery and backstabbing our farmers and whole nation by a small group of you know who. This is like some traitor opening the gate of your castle to enemy. Like importing and spreading poison from enemy in your family, killing or getting your farmers to emigrate out to Russia.
    I can go on and on of howdamaging this is.
    And the tomatoes are not the only items. There is a long line of consumer goods and food products illegally imported without paying taxes.
    We can go and compare any field in economy, healthcare, education, social wellbeing of 1970's Armenia and today and you will see that only fraction is left today, 40 years later.
    Not that the communist system was worth a sh I t. But because the corruption has been going on on a scale unimaginable by people of the highest levels in country.
    The blockade of Armenia seems only effective in justifying miserable economic conditions, but never been a roadblock for some on getting rich.
    In the Spirit of justice and our struggle, some figures in Armenia deserve to be lined up against a wall and shot. Not elected in parliament over and over.
    Last edited by Hakob; 05-01-2017, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X