Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saco View Post
    When it's cold, you can eat a lot, trust me. Try sitting in a Mercedes for 6-7 hours, driving to Meghri, not getting a chance to eat, and then suddenly standing on a mountain, near a metal table overlooking a valley. Then we'll see whether you can eat an entire lavash or not. Normally, I eat a lot, that's true, drink LOT'S of water as well, but I'm not this fat kid either bro, don't get me wrong. Sometimes I don't eat at all for a day or two. I feel better that way, fasting helps. I love to eat, that's a fact though but I don't stuff myself.

Well, you clearly haven't eaten Lavash properly yet, especially standing on a mountain. When you come to Armenia, I'll take you to that very same spot and then we'll see how much you eat. Just standing there makes you hungry. The valley, the rivers, the flowers, the trees, the people around you, the sun, etc. Anyways, you gotta see it to believe it . I hope all of you come here someday.
    The best place to eat it is by the river below Geghart with freshly cooked shashlik, dip it in the meat plate, pick up the vegetables with it, or simply, when you've finsihed eating, use it to wipe round your mouth! Saco Jan, I've been to most places, 2 years since last visit though. Maybe I eat too much other food, but lavash I miss most because I can't find a substitute here, the closest was from an Iranian shop, close but no cigar.
    One of my best memories was driving to Ijevan in the summer, stopping for a break and a family sat under a tree were carving the world's biggest Water Melon, of course as 6 of us came into the shade, the melon was shared around, happy days. That reminds me, Saco, do you still see toot(?) on the trees? Excuse my spelling again.

Comment

Originally posted by steph View Post
      The best place to eat it is by the river below Geghart with freshly cooked shashlik, dip it in the meat plate, pick up the vegetables with it, or simply, when you've finsihed eating, use it to wipe round your mouth! Saco Jan, I've been to most places, 2 years since last visit though. Maybe I eat too much other food, but lavash I miss most because I can't find a substitute here, the closest was from an Iranian shop, close but no cigar.
      One of my best memories was driving to Ijevan in the summer, stopping for a break and a family sat under a tree were carving the world's biggest Water Melon, of course as 6 of us came into the shade, the melon was shared around, happy days. That reminds me, Saco, do you still see toot(?) on the trees? Excuse my spelling again.
      Hey guys do not be so cruel: I am so hungry, and there are still 20 minutes to the lunch time )
      I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

The best place to eat it is by the river below Geghart with freshly cooked shashlik, dip it in the meat plate, pick up the vegetables with it, or simply, when you've finsihed eating, use it to wipe round your mouth! Saco Jan, I've been to most places, 2 years since last visit though.
        Yeah, I love the wildreness. We camped in a great spot near Gheghart on a hill and trust me, I kid you not, at around 3 in the morning, everyone woke up to the sound of a bear not far off. We were camping there with our tent we baught in the US, a pro. tent. It left few minutes later. I guess that's the beauty of nature, what makes us forget about all the problems in the world, reminding us how simple life is, where we belong. We sometimes lose ourselves in all the hectic comotion in this world. Damn, a lot's changed in Armenia trust me. Since I came back, about two years back, maybe a bit more, I've been to Geghart about twice. We might have seen each other there . The world is such a small place. I met people the other day I never thought I would've seen again in my life, all the way from India.

Maybe I eat too much other food, but lavash I miss most because I can't find a substitute here, the closest was from an Iranian shop, close but no cigar.
        Don't even remind me, imagine eating every bread in existence BESIDES Lavash. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go grab a bite right now .

One of my best memories was driving to Ijevan in the summer, stopping for a break and a family sat under a tree were carving the world's biggest Water Melon, of course as 6 of us came into the shade, the melon was shared around, happy days.
        6 of you, who were the fifth and sixth?

That reminds me, Saco, do you still see toot(?) on the trees? Excuse my spelling again.
        You didn't spell it wrong, that's as close as it gets, lol. Toot? NOW? No way, maybe in the markets for like 2000-3000 drums a kilo but not on the trees. It's winter bro, don't forget.

Hey guys do not be so cruel: I am so hungry, and there are still 20 minutes to the lunch time.
        Haha, sorry Vahe Jan, I'm a bit evil sometimes. *Bites a large peice of Lavash* Lol, just kidding, hope you can come here in the near future. I know what it's like to be far from home.
        THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
          6 of you, who were the fifth and sixth?
          Uncle and Auntie

You didn't spell it wrong, that's as close as it gets, lol. Toot? NOW? No way, maybe in the markets for like 2000-3000 drums a kilo but not on the trees. It's winter bro, don't forget.
          I know it's too late, but like in JulyAugust shaking it off the trees as you walk to town.....

Comment

I know it's too late, but like in JulyAugust shaking it off the trees as you walk to town.....
            Yeah, of course. Those are really fun times here. I was at my village last year, got the chance to shake a few trees with the entire family. My uncle, my grandma, many relatives were all there too. Good times .
            THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Working...
            X